Where to start

Guest Stu

Hi Guys,

Just decided to look at moving to Australia. My sister married an Oz and has been granted residency. They currently own 2 McDonald restaurants and are willing to sponsor me and my wife and child.

Where do we go from here, I have had quotes from $299 - £3,500 from immagration agents but don't want to have to spend more money then the visa costs!

I am currently employed as a Sales manager so can get a skilled visa (according to the web sites scoring systems)

What forms do I fill in and approx what sort of money are we looking at?

Many thanks

Su & Family :)

Guest BrerRabbit

Hi - read as much as you can about the process before you apply so you have a good feel for what to expect. The waiting is awful! Apart from that, reading these forums helps a lot. If you think you'll apply for the skilled visa type then:

1. Apply for a skills assessment to the relevant authority depending on your 'skills';

2. Get positive skills assessment and apply for the appropriate visa - you might find that applying under your own steam is a better route than being sponsored in the long run.

Check out http://www.austimeline.com to see how other applicants are getting on and how long the process takes. Good luck!!

Cheers, Zoe

:)

Archived