Wynnum any decent bars?

Guest TheMagees

Guest TheMagees

We are currently on our reccie in Oz, staying in a house in Wynnum for a few more days yet.

does anyone know of any decent bars ideally in walking distance in that area, we have been to the RSL club, but cant go there everynight of our stay!!

Or if anyone fancies meeting up for a drink, we have grandma with us to babysit!!!. So have been getting out for a few beers most nights.

Cheers

Julie

Hello Julie

No info on bars I'm afraid more a question from me.

What's Wynnum and the surronding area like?

We're looking at that area if (when) we make the move.

If you did find any other pubs you can mention them as well.

Thanks

Mattyegg

Guest TheMagees

We are now back home in the freezing cold.

Wynnum was really nice, lots of shops, train station only 20 minutes to Brisbane wading pool for the kids. (no decent bars that we found!!)

We had to walk 40 minutes with no pavements, hardly any street lights and bats swooping out of every tree that you passed to Manly where there were two pubs , both actually with people in them and we had a good night, until we had to do the 40 minute walk back home again!!

We spent a week in Wynnum hired a house there so if you have any questions I will be happy to try and answer them.

Cheers

Freezing cold Julie

Hello Julie

Thanks for the reply.

Don't see it heating up here anytime soon.

Was it a successful reccie?

We are looking to move out to Brisbane next year and Wynnum/Manly were a couple of the suburbs that caught our eye. No reccie for us just jumping in head first.

Going to rent at first.

Looking for some info on what the area is like, houses, shore front, shops, ammeneties for both adults and kids etc...

OH has been to OZ before and she says the lack of pavements and street lights is normal practice.

What was the rental like that you had? How/Where did you find it.

Any info appreciated.

Matt

Guest little legs

Hi

My brother lives in Manly and when i went over last April we were always in Manly and wynnum.. Really nice place .All the shops you need with Wynnum plaza that is like our main shopping centre over here. There were some nice restaurants in Manly always quiet i found but that suited us. Everything is not far we went over to Morton Island and hired a shack what a place that was sitting on the deserted paradise beach with not one other person on it that i saw anyway amazing. Also Surfers paradise and sunshine coast was only an hour away. Brisbane with it.s man made beach and lovely shops was about 25 mins away . Manly has a lovely pool and parks for the kids man made beach . So fingers crossed i will be there end of this year. I have a Case officer meds finalised and everything sent so just waiting to hear hopefully good news. Hope this helps ..!

Guest KaynLee

Hi,

All our relatives in Wynnum and surrounding areas and they say its a great place. We hope to join them asap!! We are just waiting for our CO and god knows how long thats gonna be? Been waiting 13 months already!!

Kay and Lee

Archived