stat dec to remove son from country

kellyjamie

HI guys, can someone please advise. I am about to speak to the ex regarding taking my son to oz is there a standard stat dec i can get from somewhere myself or do i have to obtain it from a lawyer? our agent does have a copy but we have yet to pay our full deposit so we cant get it from the agent yet and i would rather we get it over and done with

many thanks

kelly

Guest mrsmynoraxis

i had to do a stat dec for my son and had to get it done by a solicitor then get it signed by a commissioner ( all requested by embassy in london) i had to do this because his father has had no contact from birth. I also had to get a letter from my solicitor stateing that there has never been or has ever been requested by father any parental responsibilty orders etc.. hope this helps :)

Guest snow white
HI guys, can someone please advise. I am about to speak to the ex regarding taking my son to oz is there a standard stat dec i can get from somewhere myself or do i have to obtain it from a lawyer? our agent does have a copy but we have yet to pay our full deposit so we cant get it from the agent yet and i would rather we get it over and done with

many thanks

kelly

hi kelly,

do you think your ex will object to allowing your son to go to oz?

lesley x

Guest Mikekat

I didn't have a stat dec - unfortunately had to go down the court order route, which was costly but worth it.

Also had to fill in form 1229 from DIAC - consent form to grant an Australian Visa to child under 18. Both my Ex and I had to provide our details and sign in front of a witness (court official witnessed). We also had to provide a copy of the non emigrating parents (my Ex) passport bio page, which was a certified copy c/o his solicitor.

I would approach your ex as soon as possible, as if he refuses to allow you to remove your son from the juristiction, it can be quite lengthy in court, and your visa won;t be granted until you have his consent.

Good luck and hopefully you'll be fine.

If you do have to apply to court, let me know and I can advise what you'll need to do, as it is still very fresh in my mind.

Kat

Thanks everyone, i know this is a subject which comes up regularly on PIO. I honestly cant tell what hes going to say? he has had minimal contact with our son for the last 18mths due to the fact my son detests his partner and her daughter and my son refuses to go to his house so his father has only seen him a handful times in the last 18mths he knows theres problems with our "whole" situation and so we are meeting all 3 of us next week and its then that i,ll ask him, we actually get on fine now and its civil between us so because of that i honestly cant tell which way i think he,ll go? he has never payed a dime in child support for 7 years he and his mrs are fiddling the social and my son wants to change his name to his step dads surname so i have a few tricks up my sleeve if he wont cooperate!

Guest Boxertony

many thanks

kelly

Hi Kelly and Jamie. Regarding your query about Statutory Declaration. Yes you have to get your ex-partner to sign a Statutory Declaration and a Form called 1229, which is titled Consent Form to Grant an Australian Visa to a Child Under the age of 18 years old. Both of these forms have got to be signed by your ex partner and in front of Solicitor or Judge. I am currently going through a nightmare trying to get my ex-partner to sign these two papers, my daughter is 16 years old and I have had full custody of my daughter from her birth and she has told her natural mother she wants to emigrate to Australia etc. But the ex partner is still refusing to sign the papers. So my daughter and I have now lodge a court hearing to take my ex partner to court. This can be done yourself, I did not use a Solicitor, far to expensive. I just paid £175 and completed 3 forms all of them called C100 : Application Under the Childrens Act 1989 for a Residence, Contact or Other Section 8 Order and took them to my local court, just awaiting now for my Court Hearing, if your ex is anything like mine god help you, I would ask him if he says no way, which most parents would do, and quite understandable, then dont wait around and keep trying to talk to him. Because this just delay things. When you actually go to Court try to gain form a buisiness plan, for instance, What job prospects have you got, where you hoping to live, what will you do financially, what about your child/ren access/contact to their absent parent, for instance using Skype, MSN Messenger, telephone, free staying over holidays for your ex, which school they may attend, etc.

Good look if you need anymore help then do not hesitate to contact me, my personal e-mail address is tony.smith1969@talktalk.net

Tony, Jane and Nathan (20) - Shannon (16) - Charlotte (10) - Newcastle upon Tyne

Guest Boxertony

many thanks

kelly

Kelly and Jamie, sorry I forgot to mention where you get the Form 1229 and the Statutory Declaration Form from, you gain these from your agent. Nevertheless if you give me your e-mail address I will E-mail both of these to you. If you need a chat then ring/text me 07939 105101. Tony

Guest mrsmynoraxis

i didnt have to do a form either... i just had to do a statement with my solicitor... i think this was because there was no contact with dd at all tho..

Guest mandypete
I'll PM you the one i used :)

Hi can anyone send me a copy of a stat dec used to take child out of country please? I have form 1229, but as we are not using an agent I havent got a stat dec form and there are so may on the internet is confusing me! Lol! :confused:

Archived