Bae Systems

Guest antipope

Guest antipope

Hi, anyone on here emigrated or in the process of emigrating who served their apprenticeship at Bae systems (or British aerospace as it was). Just that in the late 80's they used a 3 year modern apprenticeship scheme (not 4 years) and i was wondering if anyone else had problems getting their skills verified because of this?

Guest southerngent

Hi antipope

I did not work for bae and i had a 4 year apprentiship. However I completed my Apprentiship in 3 years ( 1 year early). I did my TRA Application and this was not questioned at all. I believe as long as its a recogniced apprentiship they look more on your experiance.

My TRA Electrician (special Class) was approved within 3 weeks.....no problem

Guest The Fitz's

Hi antipope

I did not work for bae and i had a 2 year YTS course. This was 1987-1989. I worked "on-the-job" and had over 900 hours experence.

I stayed with the same company and 2007-2008 I completed a NVQ Level 2.

Fot the TRA we used Go Matilda and they are very good, had no problems and passed TRA in October 2008.

Best of luck.

Hi

I had the chance to serve time with Bae but chose BNFL instead. As long as you have 900 hours service with them you should be fine. I am just in the process of going through the TRA and am using visa-go who are fantastic. I was going to do it alone but I know now that if I had I would have failed due to the amount of infomation that is required. It is not impossible to do it alone as many have done so.

Good luck

anne

Hi, anyone on here emigrated or in the process of emigrating who served their apprenticeship at Bae systems (or British aerospace as it was). Just that in the late 80's they used a 3 year modern apprenticeship scheme (not 4 years) and i was wondering if anyone else had problems getting their skills verified because of this?

Yes I did an apprenticeship with British aerospace in the late 80's. It was a 4 year apprenticeship that changed to a skills based one that took 3 years but attended college for 4 years.

I passed my TRA but I had a full report from the company that use to be British Aerospace stating hours worked in training ect.

PM me if you want more details.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Guest antipope
Hi antipope

I did not work for bae and i had a 4 year apprentiship. However I completed my Apprentiship in 3 years ( 1 year early). I did my TRA Application and this was not questioned at all. I believe as long as its a recogniced apprentiship they look more on your experiance.

My TRA Electrician (special Class) was approved within 3 weeks.....no problem

Thanks for the info, makes me feel much better. When did you apply for your TRA?

Archived