136 Visa

Guest HeywoodMonkey

Guest HeywoodMonkey

Hy

I am applying and just sent off the first payment etc with Visa Bureau, the application i am making is a Skilled - Independant (class BN, sub class 136) so they tell me ? they also told me about fast tracking 12 - 14 monts ? is this realistic or is it Sales BS.

Anyway the balls rolling now and hopefully it will pick up speed but has anyone else applied under this 136 Visa ? there seem to be so many combinations of Visa's its a complete minefield, its a pity the UK entry wasn't as difficult.

Hi, We too have just signed up with visa bureau, 136 skilled. We have started to gather bits and pieces not too sure if it is all relevant but we really want to have most of the things at hand in order to speed up the process, if possible?. We have been told our application would be fast tracked as my hubby's trade is in demand. We have been told around 9-12 months. We now have to decide when to put the house on the market. Good Luck the Smith tribe

Guest HeywoodMonkey

I am not going to rush into selling the house even when ( i hope ) we get the visa as Bronwyn from Visa Bureau informed me we would have 3 years to get our butts out there. If one thing this Visa Business has shown me its the amount of rubbish and crap i have hoarded over the years so my e bay account is going to get plastered with it all as of this weekend. I may as well sell it all now as i havn't used most of it and forgot i had half of it, the money is going towards my first barbie.

Guest col&dee

Hi there,

Regarding timescales for 136 skilled independant (though these probably vary from person to person depending on how strong your case is and your type of job) just to give you some indication this is how ours has gone so far. At the end of August 2006 we visited a Visa company, we started filling in the paper work immediately and always made a point of getting everything back asap. After going through TRA assessment etc we lodged our application on the 4th December 2006, were given a case officer on 1st March and went for medicals today. Hope this helps.

C & D

Guest col&dee

Hi,

Not sure exactly how long it takes from medicals to get visa but have heard it could be 8-10weeks (touch wood,fingers crossed and all the rest). Had chest x-ray last week and medical today (you have to get x-ray done first). At medical they do the usual height and weight, blood pressure and sight test. Ask a few questions about medical history and take blood and urine samples along with a few more simple tests like listening to your chest and moving your legs and arms by pushing against slight pressure- or at least that was about it for us. The doctor took both of us at the same time even though we had seperate half hour appointments.

Guest thepriceclan

Hi, just a quick note to say that our visa was granted in just under a month from having our medicals done!

Regards Sarah.

Guest CppSco

Hello all,

We are having our medicals next week, had our x-rays and are waiting for our police clearances to come through, they are taking appox 3 weeks. Then hopefuly thats everything!

Our Visa application was received on the 14 November and we had our case officer on the 28 February. Been a bit slow booking meds as I had a tragic death in the family which was a bit of a shock. Really makes you realise how far away we will be from everyone.

We were told a few weeks ago by a friend of a friend who had been to one of the Expos, that they were reducing the time scale for applications to around 7 month. Don't know how correct this is though!!!!!!

Also, we did our applications ourselves, not through an agent.

Lindsay & Scott Jay(7)&Amber(2)

Guest col&dee

Hi price clan

just regarding the timescale you received your visa after your meds. Within a month, thats really quick or is this normal. What happens after you receive the phone call and email that you have been granted your visa. Is it correct to say you post your passport with the paperwork to london. Do they put a stamp or holagram in your passport, what actually is the visa?

Guest donovan

Our visa was granted within a month of our meds/police checks being done, just got to sell the house now.

Sarahx

Guest thepriceclan

Hi, not sure if the timescale is normal, we used and agent and she phoned to give us the good news.

We sent the passports to her and then she sent them to London. The visa is stuck into your passport which covers a whole page. It says your name and the subclass that you have applied for. It also has a date on it which you have to make your initial entry by. Ours is 31st October 2007 which is a year from when we had our Meds done. It tells you the date it was granted and also says multiple travel.

Sarahxx

Guest col&dee

Thanks for the info Priceclan. Just been to the post office to post police checks, meds etc to Agent - fingers crossed.

Guest The.Colebecks
I am not going to rush into selling the house even when ( i hope ) we get the visa as Bronwyn from Visa Bureau informed me we would have 3 years to get our butts out there. If one thing this Visa Business has shown me its the amount of rubbish and crap i have hoarded over the years so my e bay account is going to get plastered with it all as of this weekend. I may as well sell it all now as i havn't used most of it and forgot i had half of it, the money is going towards my first barbie.

You will usually be given 12 months from the date of our police checks/medicals to get your visas validated (sometimes only 6 months if there are any medical issues flagged up)

I'm not sure where the 3 years idea came from ?? Unless the agent means that you can validate and then come back to the UK, but you have to return to Oz within 5 years from the validation date (3 years if you want to be entitled to citizenship after 2 years PR without a whole load of added hassle - although this is going to be/has been changed to 3 years PR)

Karen

Archived