Some where to rent initialy?

Guest samlee

Can any one suggest what to do when we first arrive? Obviously we want to rent somewhere but are not too keen until we have actually seen the place and location. So whats the way to go? Hostels or short lets maybe. Any good web sites appreciated. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi Samlee,

we are having the same problem at the moment, Hotels for a short term seem very expensive $ 200-300 per night???? I im hoping that we can arrange a long term rental before we leave Ireland.

Regards James

Guest ABCDiamond

Look for furnished accommodation first, for about the first 3 weeks. You should find this for about $600pw, for a 3 or 4 bed house.

That gives time to look around. It can be very quick to arrange unfurnished property, so 3 weeks me be OK.

I know someone who booked a furnished place for 13 weeks, and got a much reduced rate. But they moved out after 8 weeks, as they finalised a house purchase in that time :)

Long term rentals arranged without viewing can be risky.

What area are you heading for ?

A couple to start with..

Brisbane: http://www.destinationbrisbane.com.au/

Perth: http://www.letsgoperth.com/

Guest ironmaggi

Any websites for Sydney? We've got the first 5 weeks sewn up but that might be complicated by cat coming out of quarantine and not being welcome! so will need to find somewhere in 30 days and unsure about unfurnished [camping out for shipment] or furnished [paying for storage] Heard a nasty rumour that customs are very behind at the moment...?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

We are arriving in Adelaide mid-September. We need a 2-bedroomed (at least) place in a decent area. We will also have a cat following on shortly afterwards so need a pet-friendly place! We don't mind furnished or unfurnished and we are flexible about the length of let. Any ideas/recommendations would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Amanda

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dazmas

We are moving to Sydney in 2-3mths time. We have 3 children (11,8,5) and would like to know where the best suburbs to bring up children are. I was looking around the lower north shore as my office will be in North Ryde. Need somewhere near to their and the city but with a great beach lifestyle for the kids as well. Any ideas...

PS Good public schools are very important to us!

Thanks

Darren

Guest Missiemo

Hi Bet

We have booked ourseleves into a two bedroomed apartment for ten nights - it is the south yarra melbourne holiay apartments, really friendly people, for the five of us it has cost $1300.00 AUS - being £530.00 for ten nights we thought that was good.

Good Luck

Mo

• 4 weeks later...
Guest forshac

Hi Mo,

Can you let me have the details of the holiday lets that you have booked. We are planning to be there Early Auguts and need to get organised.

Many thanks

C

Guest Missiemo

Hello Forshac

Here is the email address and web site address for where we are staying, the chap you should send the email to is Jason Foley, really nice chap, if you mention my name to him you may get a good rate like we did.

Good Luck

Mo Brooks

info@melbourneholidayapartments.com.au

javascript:ol('http://www.stayz.com.au/17343');

Archived