AS/NZ3000 2007 Australian wiring regulations.

Guest Mylady's O/H

Guest Mylady's O/H

Hi all :hug:

Just passed my electrical assessment.

I would like to start preparing for the AS/NZ3000 2007 wiring regulations here in the UK.Has anyone done this? Is the exam similar to the uk? were you can take your book into the classroom and search for the answers or is it similar to South Africa were you basically have to memorise it parrot fashion.I sure hope it is the same as the UK !!!! I found the South African regs EXAM much harder than the Uk, although they are basically the same regs.

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS.

Guest James.S

Oh mate now your starting... i have just posted the equivilant of war and peace on this subject on my 'electricians thread' have a look.... it will probably p*ss you off though...

James... (again)...!

• 1 month later...
Guest stormrider

Hi

I sat my Australian exams a few years back. Like you I was keen to get as much done as I could before I got to Australia. My advice would be purchase a copy of the AS/NZ3000 2007 wiring regulations on-line and just start to familiarise yourself with the book. When you get to Oz you will have to find employment in the industry and start work as a trade assistant. To do this you will first have to apply for an electrical work training permit this allows you to work while you train. Then you will have to make an appointment at the local TAFE to have your skills assessed again. They will determine the level of training you will need. I had to fill out a log book of work done on site. Already having 10 yr experience I just filled the whole log out in one go. Then after a few months I sat a wiring rules exam which was open book and a practical testing exam. Both exams were easy if you have sat the electrical exams in the UK this one seemed much easier.

It might seem a mission but it really was not too bad. Trade assistant get paid less but if you are any good I am sure you will find most will pay full rate after a month or two.

Good luck soon you will be scratching your head wondering why you had to go through all this when the only difference is their rough...

• 1 year later...
Guest Neal the Sparks

I did my wiring rules course last November I contacted a company called PEER they are in South Australia you contact them and pay the fee I think it cost me $900 approx for this they send you all the books you need and a work book to complete from the UK when you have completed the work book you contact PEER and arrange doing the test the only problem here is that you have to go to Adeleide to do the exam and you need to be there for two days the first day is revision the second day is your exam I took 7 hours to do the exam and only stopped for a quick break I was told that the quickest time he has had anybody do the exam was 6 hours. Dont let this put you off the guy's at PEER realy are helpful and guide you through the whole process and they give you your results at the end of the exam. One thing I would say is make sure you do all the work book before go for the exam I had a guy in my class turn up on the first day and had only done about 5 pages of his work book he was turned away and told to complete it once I had finished the exam I could see why they sent him away Good Luck

Archived