Land in featherbrook

Guest laura r

Guest laura r

Just wanted to know if anyone had bought land in feather brook in point cook!

I have and just wonderd if any one on this site has.

laura:smile:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Laura

Congratulations, your one step closer to having your own home!!!

The agents are always sending me information for Feathbrook and it looks very nice.

• 2 months later...
Guest motherwell

hey laura still in scotland waiting to move as soon as the house sells , have bought a piece of land in featherbrook at landing place , land realeased in july and just the simple task of building a house !!!!!

Guest laura r

hey motherwell,

we should of got our land june but been told its looking at aug/sept now. we dont mind though.

taking us ages to find a house we like and we really want to build our own and not get a company to do it. whats ur streey called. ive bought at arrow grass drive its stage 13.

talk soon

laura

Guest motherwell

hi laura , should really say my name is laureen , married with four kids , 11 , 9 , 8 , 3

think its phase 11 or 12 we bought , address is landing place just off boardwalk blvd !!

planning this fantastic home back here for when we finally arrive !!!!, been a long time waiting , house been up for sale for nearly a year , had hoped to be in oz last oct but not to be ! wish i could just snap my fingers and be there not looking forward to the day we have to say goodby

when did you make the move to oz , where you staying at the moment ??

Guest laura r

hey laureen,

we got here on 25th january, were renting on windorah drive on the feather brook easte. made sense for us to live near where house gunna be built.

my son is 11 and my daughter is 4.

yeah its really hard saying bye to everyone, i felt like i was going on holiday and was more upset after been here a few weeks when it finally sunk in.

ive got kids in school and in clubs so im meeting people and getting out more abit which helps, you really need a car here to get about, i didnt have one for 5 weeks so was in alot and that was driving me mad.

what made yo udecide to come to oz? my husband was born here and raised in englad so thats why were here. he loves oz mind yo uhe would he was born to it.

all my family was within 5 to 10 mins from my house in u.k so really hard not seeing them or having them just call in for a brew.

laura

Guest motherwell

hey laura

hope your having a good weekend , holiday weekend here and as usual we are looking for the sunshine !!

what made me want to move to oz ?i ask myself that every day , seemed a good idea on a rainy day back here !!! we have friends who live near caroline springs , they have been here for many many years and love it , been out to visit them and love it when we come on holiday so thought we would give it a go , some days you get excited thinking about it and would hate to miss the chance , other days i could just cry , guess it comes down to the kids and you just want to give them every opportunity.

had a wee look on the map and you wont be too far from us , my son jonny is 11 and the other three are girls , jenny , georgia and rio

how did your son fit into school life in oz , is your daughter at nursey ? bye for now

Guest laura r

Hey laureen, my sons loving school and my daughter is in kinder till next feb, feels weird as when we were in england she would of been at full time school this sept.

The main reason we came over is for a better life for kids. and i didnt want to regret the opertunity to come out when i was older so just did it. you know if it dont work or i dont settle i know i can go home. but hope it never comes to that. im still really hoem sick and miss my family and friends so much im hoping that that eases of a bit coz it gets me really down somtimes as we were really close.

im making friends which has help me feel more settled, just have to much time on my hands so makes me think of home more lol.

im hoping to start uni next jan so i think then it will be so much better as i will be buzy.

we went to caroline springs last weekend to look at show homes, cant believe how big that easte is.

will you be comming out when you have sold ur house then? where abouts in scotland you from? ive never been there always wanted to as my mum was born in aberdeen. ive meet a few ladys here from scotland.

i didnt get to upset about leaving u.k be for i came, i sort of felt like i was going on holiday. then it hit me when id been here about 4 weeks.

laura x

Guest motherwell

hi laura

just getting ready for a girls weekend in london , really looking forward to it , going with friends from up here and one of my good friends from south wales is coming across too , probably last time we will all be together for a while !!!!!!!

must be a big weight off your mind finding that the kids are settling in well and are happy , jonathan is due to start high school here in aug (i think its a bit different in england) but if im getting it right i think he will start high school in australia in feb ? would really love to be over before then so he could get some time in primary school and hopefully meet a few friends first , i worry about him the most as hes not so keen to come over but the girls cant wait !!!

stay over here in a place called motherwell which is about 20 min outside glasgow and about 3 hours from aberdeen !! where are you from ?

anyway off to pack my bag , hope you have a good weekend , be in touch

laureen x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest motherwell

hi laura , how are you , hope you had a good week , had a fab time in london and the house was still in one piece when i got home !

sun been shining here for most of this week , friends saying who needs australia !!!

its my daughter jennifers birthday on wed but having her party tomorrow , taking them to the ice slide at xscape then out for something to eat , gone are the days of a few friends round to the house to play games and eat icecream and jelly , am i showing my age !!!!

have a good weekend , hope its not getting too cold over there

bye for now

laureen x

Guest laura r

hey laureen,

glad you had a nice time in london, sorry havnt written earlier my wireless is so rubish here. so i get on facebook but not alot else.

yeah i know what you mean about the birthdays at home. i had my sons 1st birthday at home and that was it.

its about 16 degrees today so its not to cold.

we went to apollo bay yesterday and it rained for 10 mins and we got wet through. but then the clouds clear and its o.k again.

weve got friends round today from over dandenong way so were gunna take them to williams town as they havnt been be for. they have been here 16 months now and there from u.k

its a holiday today as its the queens birthday.

take care and talk to you soon

laura xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Laura

Thanks for letting jump on to your thread.

Laureen, I too am from Motherwell and live in Point Cook and am friends with Laura!

Where abouts in Motherwell do you live. We are from Carfin and have been over here since March and love it. We just rent at the moment but are hoping to buy in the next few months! When are you hoping to come over?

Valerie

Guest motherwell

hi thanks so much for getting in touch

we live on the hamilton road just opp the moorings , the house been up for dale for a year now so dissapointed had hoped to be there last oct /nov

bought our plot at featherbrook and really hope to be there sometime this year , getting more and more difficult as time goes by

sorry this is so short but having to rush out , please say hello to laura not been in touch for over a week now

look forward to being in touch again and hearing all your stories bye for now

laureen xx

Guest laura r

hey laureen,

sorry aint been in touch. my internet has been off for 2 weeks. can only get wireless were i am and its rubish.

were just looking at the show homes to decide what we like but there are so many nice ones i cant make my mind up lol

hope ur all o.k

laura x

Guest motherwell

hey laura

just a quickie , heading of on holiday today , just going down to south wales for a couple of weeks , cant wait to get away from the housework and showing people round the house ! should say still nothing to report on the house front , plenty people looking but nobody buying !

we decided on a henley home , the majestic its called , david really excited about it but cant get my head round it till we sell this one

spent the week bubbling as thats jonny left primary school , my wee boy getting all grown up giving it please mum dont cry any more , im fine !

keep meaning to ask what your husband does , david is an electrician to trade , got his own business over here but not sure what to do when we eventually arrive ! got permanant residency visa so not coming over with work , bit fed up with the electrical industry so could be his time to try something new !

what you going to be studying ?

well really must go , wales here we come , will have laptop so be in touch soon

take care love laureen

• 1 month later...

Hi Laura,

Can you help me to get some idea on the land that you bought in featherbrook. I am also buying there and interested to know the property price. I am buying the lot around broadwalk bvd and it is 375 m2. The same is costing us 223K for land and if we choose to built with same vendor that is central equity then the house will cost us 214K for 4 bedroom house.

I will be very thankful if you can give some idea and feedback on this as it will help me to take the right decision.

Thanks,

Raj

Guest laura r

hi,

we went round alot of show homes here but for what we want a 4 bed double story it was a fourtune. i liked one house and that was 260 which i didnt think was too bad then after a chat i realised with all the drive, garden slab higher celings and lighting and balcony it was gunna be an extra 100 on top. were not willing to pay that so were building our own. were getting the plans drawn as we know what we want and my husband will do alot of the work as hes a chippy and the rest we will pay people and do alot when we are living there. might take a long time or it might not. teh way my husband is it should be up fast.

go on some of the house design sites. try metricon, henley homes, porter davies. the price you see isnt what you pay though there are lots of things in the house that arnt included in the price.

laura

Guest motherwell

hi laura so sorry not been in touch , been mad crazy with the school holidays , having a great time and dont want them to go back , no more lazy pjyama mornings and late nights watching films and eating rubbish !

how are things in oz ? got someone coming to view this weekend so fingers crossed

think our land is due to be released pretty soon , help need to start paying for it ! , you any further forward with your plans ?

well must go think about whats for dinner

bye for now love laureen

hi,

we went round alot of show homes here but for what we want a 4 bed double story it was a fourtune. i liked one house and that was 260 which i didnt think was too bad then after a chat i realised with all the drive, garden slab higher celings and lighting and balcony it was gunna be an extra 100 on top. were not willing to pay that so were building our own. were getting the plans drawn as we know what we want and my husband will do alot of the work as hes a chippy and the rest we will pay people and do alot when we are living there. might take a long time or it might not. teh way my husband is it should be up fast.

go on some of the house design sites. try metricon, henley homes, porter davies. the price you see isnt what you pay though there are lots of things in the house that arnt included in the price.

laura

Hi Laura,

Thanks so much for answering my queries. Based on your feedback and some more I believe the deal is just fine, so I am planning to take this ahead from here. Let's see how it goes.

All the best for your new home, I hope you can move in soon.

rgrds....Raj

Guest Cristina

Hi Laura

My name is Cristina...i do not have land in Feather brook but i do have land in Innisfail a few mins away.We are renting at the moment but are really looking forward to moving into our new home in Oct...My 2 girls attend the Point Cook primary and it is a super school.We have been here for 2 and a half years with no regrets....

Guest laura r

hi cristina, you were you live is right across road from me.

were renting at the moment, then we can start the house build sept then get in the new house next yr.

my daughter starts point cook primary next feb. my son is at jamieson and he will be moving to point cook primary also in feb.

im glad ur enjoying been here and have no regrets. still early days for me. to many up and down days.

i love it here though and have made lots of good friends which really helps me. most of the woman i know are from u.k so they understand.

the kids love it here too, my son is 11 and he aint even botherd for going home on holiday.

laura

x

Guest Cristina

Hi Laura

Thank you for replying.....

It is difficult when you come from the other side of the world to no family or friends.I found it very difficult a first but when my girls started school making friends became easier,most of my friends here are brits..When we arrived here the only school we new was Boardwalk and as we new nothing thats where they went,it was the worst thing i could have done,the school is just bad,i also met brit moms their and they were not easy too, but we decided to move them 10 months later and put them into point cook and that was the best thing we have done here so far they are so happy their and i love the school too,i know your son will be happy when you move him and the education is so much better,as a whole the school is great.My new home( yippee) is 5 mins walk from the new school which is great as at the moment its a 20 min drive.My girls are Lydia almost 11 and Bethany 9 they love living here their is so much for them to do.We miss the family terribly but other than that WORCESTER is not in my thoughts.Where are you fom in the uk ????

If you fancy meeting give me a call.........:v_SPIN: its always great to make new friends...

I do work here i do family day care in my home which can be tiring and fun too....

Cristina x

Guest laura r

hi cristina,

yeah im looking forward to owen starting point cook primary. hes happy at jamieson but he has fallen really far behind. hes also dislexic and he is getting no help with that. ive had to go private and see a speech therepst so i can get him the help he need as ive been waing 6 month for him to be assesed through school. i want him to finish this yr there though as the school is moving to boardwalk in jan any way so that so i dont want him going to the raff base then changing again think it would be too much change.

were from huddersfield in west yorkshire. my husband was born here raised in england but spent alot of his 20s living here, i met him in the u.k when he came back for a visit and he stayed there with me then. so after 7 yrs he finaly talked me into comming here.

but im enjoying it.

i will pm you with my phone number

laura

x

Guest Cristina

Hi Laura

I pulled my youngest out of Boardwalk for that reason and now she is doing so well.I totally understand why you are still keeping him in Jamison way moving schools is hard enough for kids but to move twice can be unsettling.I know point cook are on the ball with learning difficulties and always eager to help.My daughter went into grade 1 here with preps and she went so far behind it was worrying,we were really concerned about her reading but the teacher was not worried at all,in the end i pulled them out of boardwalk.When sh started point cook they assessed her we were horrified with what they had to say,but now she is doing really well, we still have to push her but she is on the right track..You are doing the right thing..

Cristina xx

Archived