!!!!!!!!!Just a note of warning!!!!!!!!!!

anlopa

Please take 2 mins to read

This is not really related to the topic of this web site. It is only related by the destination of the calls.

:mad:

Over the last week I have had a several phone calls from a strange phone number, at first the line went dead after I picked up, I did a 1471 and found it to be a New Zealand number. I have a friend in New Zealand so I thought the calls could be coming from her. Lucky for me I put the phone number in to a Google search and found that this is a dodgy number. Other people have received calls from this number and generally they are from an Asian sounding man saying I had been incorrectly charged bank charges and if I give him my card details he would refund them to me.

Unfortunately for him their was a big cushion at the bottom of the tree I fell out of He's not getting me with that old chestnut. So I lead him a log for a bit and then told him their was a whole forum thread dedicated to his phone calls……… what’s that he has cut me off.

The only disappointing thing about this is he probably just moved on to the next unsuspecting victim.

I am aware that loads of you lucky people who are waiting phone calls from c/o’s will be 1471ing in the hope of no missed calls, but if the number is not one you recognise then pop it in a Google search before you ring it.

:mad:Hope this helps

Guest donovan

Here's another on to watch out for!!

Be Extremely Careful

Especially if using Internet mail such as Ya hoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on.

This information arrived this morning direct from both Microsoft and Norton.

Please send it to everybody you know who ha s access to the Internet.

You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation

'Life is beautiful.'

If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES , and delete it immediately .

If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.'

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC20and the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.

AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus software's are not capable of destroying it.

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner.'

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS and ask them to PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY

Alway good to let other people know, I think this could be a good thread

Sarah x

Guest wingywangwoo

I had a similar experience with a nigerian gentleman calling himself rich richardson, this sounds like the rik mayall character from bottom,telling me i had inherited 500,000 us dollars and he needed my bank details to forward the money to me.

The give away, apart from the typically sounding english name for a man that could hardly speak english, was the sound of his children shouting "dad" in the background, when i mentioned this to him he had told me he was working from home, yeah right, a director of the capitol bank of nigeria conducting business from home concerned me somewhat.

So, any way his phone calls went on for about a week or two and each time i kept him hanging on the line for ten minutes each time, until i actually asked him what relative of mine had actually died , the only response i got was the lonely tone of a phone that had been hung up.

Pity really, i had my bankers card and everything ready for him... Not

Archived