comparison of UK/OZ family benefits - AUSTRALIA WINS HANDS DOWN!!!

seekingsunshine

You are not being penalised for having kids. You are getting 67 quid a month of free money paid for by taxpayers for your choice to have kids. I think that child benefits should be means tested or scrapped completely which should lower taxes and you can do whatever you like with the extra money. The free benefits system and culture of entitlement in the UK is one of the reasons why government debt is so high and the country is in an economic mess.

Some benefits in Australia do seem generous compared to the Uk but that is a government policy which is not going to change as there are votes in it. The UK govt is only reducing them because the debt is so high and the country cannot afford them any more. Similarly, the Tories keep banging on about giving extra tax relief for being married which is discriminatory. Getting married or not is a choice you make so i dont see why married couples should get free money for their choices.

As for NHS dentists, I never had a problem finding one when I moved around the UK.

The majority of "benefits" in the UK are claimed by those over pensionable age.

If you don't support families and help those having children who exactly is going to pay taxes to support you in your old age and wipe your arse for you when you can't ?

I'd happily give back my child benefits, providing everyone promises to top yourself when you are of no further use to society and don't expect my children to work to pay for your incontinence pads.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived