Tradies - Job Leads

Guest lovediving

Guest alan r

[hi james i am from west wales,regarting other areas about work what i can cather on this forum is work is pretty tight,all over aus at the moment maybe someone else can give u some info on other areas off aus hope everything works out for u alan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Prescotts

My OH has his own engineering company - Trent Engineering Pty Ltd in Brookvale on Sydney's northern beaches and he is absolutely desperate for suitably qualified people to work for him, he has so much work on he can't cope and is turning it down! A bit about the Co from his website (www.trentengineering.com.au):

• Stainless Steel Fabrication Services
  • Welding Procedure to Australian Standard 3992
  • Hygenic Food and Beverage Work
  • Chemical dosing & Water Analysis
  • Water treatment
  • General Manufacturing including:

• Mixing Tanks
  • Storage Vessels

• Process Pipework and Product Transfer Mains

• Containerized and Skid Mounted Equipment

• Wet Racks

So if there's anyone out there lookig for a job & you have a suitable qualification call Adrian on 02 9939 8811 or email

Unfortunately he's not registered (yet) with DIAC to be a business sponsor so you would have the have the necessary visa to allow you to work in Australia

Thanks

Jenny

Guest allinteriorsuk

try local papers in the city your heading too. eg. brisbane- the courier mail, saturday edition

taper and jointer names by state:

QLD, NT and NSW: SETTER or DRYWALL PLASTERER.

WA and SA: FLUSHER or DRYWALL PLASTERER.

VIC, TAS: STOPPER or DRYWALL PLASTERER.

Just a bit of advice: brush up on the paper tape jointing before you leave, in most states they don't use fibre/scrim/mesh tape at all.

hi i am a qualified joiner living in mandurah looking for work willing to do anything i am experieced in most aspects of the building trade so give me a ring on 0466614125 or email me at s.gosling@live.co.uk cheers.any other chippies in the same boat give me an email any couples in the lakelands area need freinds drop us a line its all about networking no freinds no work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Geordie_Three

Hi guys I'm Ed, I run a small carpentry and plastering business in the south east suburbs of Melbourne Victoria.

I have a part time job for a plasterer starting on the 26th of April 2009 you must also have experience in fitting cornice and stopping up.

if you are interested then please ring me on 0421 592 314

Hi Sarah & Tim,

I've jsut seen your post re: work for electricians. My OH is also an electrician and just did his practical assessment a couple weeks ago in London. We are hoping to get the results later this week/next week. We're hoping to apply to WA for a State Sponsored Visa (176) but want to know what people out there think?? Is it really as bad as everyone says it is with the work situation??? Are tradies struggling to find work?? I know you don't live in WA but you might have a feel for what the situation is like over in Australia for folks planning on making the big move. Any info will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a bunch,

From Catherine

Guest Sara & Tim
Hi Sarah & Tim,

I've jsut seen your post re: work for electricians. My OH is also an electrician and just did his practical assessment a couple weeks ago in London. We are hoping to get the results later this week/next week. We're hoping to apply to WA for a State Sponsored Visa (176) but want to know what people out there think?? Is it really as bad as everyone says it is with the work situation??? Are tradies struggling to find work?? I know you don't live in WA but you might have a feel for what the situation is like over in Australia for folks planning on making the big move. Any info will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a bunch,

From Catherine

Hi there

Certainly jobs are drying up especially on the sunshine coast and Brisbane after speaking to a few agencies they are getting up to 200 applications for any one position.

As for Perth cannot really answer but as from reading other posts if you have a job in the Uk and have not secured a job out here it may be wise to wait (it takes quiet a while to build up a network of friends and contacts which helps in finding a job), but at the end of the day its up to you. Also one thing there is also to consider the government offered a 1st home grant which end soon, so once all the houses have been built they are saying it may slide further.....

I suppose its in the laps of the gods....

Good luck

Guest Smithy3000

Hi i was on here a few weeks ago asking about taping and jointing jobs in sydney, im in sydney now and im finding it hard to find work, so if anyone hears of anything or has any phone numbers for me id be very greatfull, thanks!

Guest econ

Hey I am a plasterer with many variety of skills ( rendering, machine spray plaster, coving, tiling, roofing, gyprocking, tape and jointing, venetian marble plaster, skimcoat, hanging/slabbing, dry dash ) I am self employed for the last 5 years and qualified the last 10 years. I am currently waiting for my resident visa since January, TRA passed in November08. I was wondering what the job prospects at the moment are like i Perth and in western austarlia in general because that is where I am heading.

If their is any one willling to offer me work or sponsor me i would appricate it. Any information regarding the situation would be helpful.

Cheers Damien:wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hiltonsnr

Hi guys

My names Andy arrived in perth from manchester on 2nd Feb 2009.I am a skilled sheet metal worker / welder (Mig ,Tig, Mma arc) 25 years experience looking for a job or any leads for the perth area ,south of the river being number 1 choice but beggars cant be choosers.

Thanks in advance Andy Ph 0413200178

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tracy Murphy

OH is a painter and decorator with 15+ years experience in the trade. We're heading for Brisbane in October 2009 and looking for job leads.

Also want to know how you go about getting a blue card and whether we can get one whilst still in the UK.

Thanks

Tracy xxx

OH is a painter and decorator with 15+ years experience in the trade. We're heading for Brisbane in October 2009 and looking for job leads.

Also want to know how you go about getting a blue card and whether we can get one whilst still in the UK.

Thanks

Tracy xxx

try www.ohsa.com.au they were $60 over the internet when i done mine in Jan

Guest hiltonsnr

Hi Igot my blue card from a website Bluedogtraining.com.au took one and half hours $90.00 and wash posted to me within 3 days all the best Andy (perth)

Guest shorty

Is anyone looking for a plumber/gas fitter in North Brisbane i have my own tools, transport, blue card and abn I am also will to do any labouring painting etc.

Thsanks Matt,

Guest humpy

I'm working as a recruitment consultant on the gold coast, we also have an office in Brisbane. We fill a lot of trades positions temp and permenant. If you need help getting a job or a bit of advice, send me a PM and i'll give you my contact details

Guest humpy
Is anyone looking for a plumber/gas fitter in North Brisbane i have my own tools, transport, blue card and abn I am also will to do any labouring painting etc.

Thsanks Matt,

Ive got a few contacts in plumbing and gas companies around Brisbane for you but it will depend on what licences you have

gone a bit quiet this one!!!!!!!!!!!

is there no jobs out there anymore????:no:

few and far between i am afraid. I think one of the problems for us poms we move other side of the world with no contacts like we have in UK. After 6 months over here i am gradually getting some but its a bit of a slog in the begining!! Never mind sun is shining and still in me shorts.

Guest johnie

hi humpy

i,m an irish carpenter 15 years experance here on a skilled migration visa liven in upper coomera kinda feel like i,m cheating been on pomsinoz but could you send me your contact details i,d love to sign up with your agency or get a bit of advice

Guest andyozgale

hi there in sunny australia would you sponsor a pom in england for your job opening my name is andy gale age 47 i renovate sash windows for a living a glazier too a good honest grafter reliable and trustworthy ive worked in oz before and would love to come back i am a driver too i am 100 per cent genuine in my application contact e mail mr andyozgale@yahoo.co.uk mobile 07775859292 thankyou

Guest andyozgale

hi there poms in oz andy gale here from the uk whitby actually good day i am looking for a sponsor to sponsor me in oz if possible i am a formwork carpenter concreter and finisher from house slabs to heavy civils ive worked in oz before queensland i am a work horse grafter i can work with aussies skippys or english in oz poms ha ha i dont want to get begging bowl out if you know what i mean like most grafters only happy when working in england i renovate sash windows glazier too contact andyozgale@yahoo.co.uk mobile07775859292 thankyou

Archived