Tradies - Job Leads

Guest lovediving

Guest craigkateevans
Hi guys,

Any one out there know of any gang of plasterers or ceiling fixers looking for a new member.Am currently working with a crew whos idea of hard work is knocking off at 1pm -2pm each day,and due to the great hourly pay idea here I aint earning what I should .I live on the Sunshine coast and would be willing to travel,even fly in fly out if its worth it .I have a 12 years experience in the uk commercial and domestic work,in both ceilings and metal stud walls etc,have all my own tools and vehicle .

Times are tough I know ,but got to keep living the dream.

Thanks

ltd team

you hear of any jobs going for bricklayers give me a call on - 0434 816 314 and if i hear of anyone looking for a plasterer i,ll give you a ring or e.mail. i,m still struggling to find a full time permament job as a brickie and been here 6 weeks. got 4 kids to support and a wife. desperate.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ltd team

Hi mate

am on site tommorrow near Strathpine ,will ask the brickies on the other houses opposite mate .

No problem.

ltd team

Guest James.S

Hi, just wanted to jump on here so i don't loose the thread, i'm thinking of starting a company so will be looking for various trades if it all falls into place..!

If anyone within the construction side of things is thinking of moving to the mid north coast of NSW PM me..

James...

Guest steve nick

just got my BSA licence in Brick & Blocklaying so anybody that requires a Licenced Bricklayer in Brisbane, Sunshine & gold coast areas pm me, anything considered.

Guest local builders

To Hawkwoodsonthemove,

I lived in Bundy in the 1990's after having lived in Brisbane and Sydney. No disrepect to those currently living in Bundy but I've gotta tell you that at that time we were there, the local landscape supplies was going bust. No one landscaped their homes up there, not like they do in Brisbane, Gold Coast or Sydney. We stayed 3 months and got out back to the Coast.

If I were you, I would try the 'major' city areas before going to a smaller / country town. More people equals more chance of work, I tend to think and has proven over time.

JP

Guest lezwolf

Hi there, Lez from Wolves here. Coming to Perth in Dec 09’ looking for work.

I install air conditioning/service/maintenance.

Does anyone know if there are jobs available or which companies to approach.

Many thanx.

Guest craigkateevans
Hi mate

am on site tommorrow near Strathpine ,will ask the brickies on the other houses opposite mate .

No problem.

ltd team

thanks for that, i appreciate it. didn,t think it would be this hard to find a job, was told before we came that they were desperate for brickies. think i,ve come to the wrong place to live.

Guest local builders

Hi Hawkwoodsononthemove,

As I mentioned, it was some time, about 15 years, since I was there, but in general, probably fair to say that the major areas like Sunshine Coast, Brisbane & Gold Coast, as tough as it is at present, would still be my preferred areas, purely cause thats where the people are and the smaller towns tend to 'close up shop' quicker and longer than say a city area. Just my views, have lived at areas that we have mentioned.

JP

Guest Rickard Family

Hi

Any work/help for a very hard working carpenter/joiner who likes to be on the go at all times, and is struggling at the moment trying to cope with this waiting game! coming over the end of the year?

any contacts or info would be gratefully appreciated!:notworthy:

Thanks

Lou x

Guest local builders

Hi Ali,

As you know, Perth is on the other side of Oz, so I'm not up to speed on how it really is over there.

There was a lot of work their recently with all the work from the mines, etc. I know it has quieten down somewhat but thas all I know at present.

Regards,

John

Hi there, Lez from Wolves here. Coming to Perth in Dec 09’ looking for work.

I install air conditioning/service/maintenance.

Does anyone know if there are jobs available or which companies to approach.

Many thanx.

Hi there,

My hubby is a project manager with an air conditioning company based out of Malaga.

If you want to get in touch with me closer to the date, I will be glad to pass on your CV to him.

Karen

Guest local builders

To the Richard family,

As mentioned, things are tough at the moment here in Queensland but things will pick up again. You may want to have a look at the licencing to see what you need to do. As I mentioned on some other posts, you may need to arrive here, get some work with a licenced contractor business who can then help you apply ( give you references ) in getting your contractors licence. I'm not sure as to how much you can achieve from your end at present. Have a look at and enquire at .......

www.bsa.qld.gov.au This is the government body for all licencing relating to trades (building)

here in Queensland. All the best.

JP

Guest snow white

hi lou,

once you arrive and hubbie organises his provisional licenses he will be better to try and find work sub contracting if poss that way he can charge a bit more and will need to get his work signed off by someone with a full license also it will give him a chance to learn the way the ozzie carpenters do things too i also have a few friends who are contractors and try to keep my ears open so when they are looking to hire can pass on a few names to people

all the best

lesley x

Guest Rickard Family

Hi Lesley

Any contacts would be great, or even any positive feedback stateting that his trade is needed would be very helpful the way these visa's are working at the moment anything that could support his trade i think would help!:notworthy:

Lou x

Guest jen25

We are coming out in a couple of months end of May- beginning of June coming on a perm' 175. OH is a senior general electrician but also has general building experience. Heading for Vic but can also go straight to NSW. Any leads please pass on or knows of any agencies that would be great. Cheers, Dan.

Guest snow white
Hi Lesley

Any contacts would be great, or even any positive feedback stateting that his trade is needed would be very helpful the way these visa's are working at the moment anything that could support his trade i think would help!:notworthy:

Lou x

hi lou,

will keep an eye out for joiners oh has heard a few things could be going at his place for gasfitters so have got a couple people who are coming over soon to send cvs so he has them already to submit if something comes up. but will ask about who i know for you

lesley x

Guest snow white
:notworthy: Thanks Lesley your a star!

Lou x

your welcome hon cant promise anything but whatever i find out will let you know

lesley x

Guest susie one

Hi im Ian Bingham from leeds uk, any job leads for general electrican, hopeing to be in caloundra, mooloolaba sunshine coast area in july 09 everything done and got visa 176 state sponsor, cheers ian ian_84@hotmail.co.uk

Guest samandgum

hey craig

did you have any luck?? I'm looking for any construction work as well!

do you find its harder cos u're a pom??

Mark

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Hi

OH is Tape and Jointer (Gyprocker)/painter decorator in UK. Work in UK dried up so he is thinking of giving it a try over there. Sister is moving to Southern Brisbane beginning of May so he may go over then and stay with her. If anyone has any connections in Brisbane/Gold Coast area and can help realise our dream please please let us know (the sooner he finds a job the sooner kids and I can get out of here).

Sarah x

Archived