Up front costs - How much do we pay now?

Guest willyeckerslike

Guest willyeckerslike

We have been quoted approx £3500 to £4000K for everything, visa's, medicals, police checks agency fees etc. We have 3 children, does this seem about right? They have said it should take 12-15 months.

How much of this will we need to pay now and what is the time frame for the other payments. I'm just trying to work the finances out but as we are also saving for a visit to Oz as soon as we (hopefully) get visa's my head is in a whirl.

If all goes to plan we would like to do a visit in late 2008 or early 2009 and then get off for good summer/autumn 2009.

Andrea

xx:goofy:

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi Andrea,

I think it may depend on the agent you are using. We are using Visa Bureau and they sent us a break down of all the costs involved along with the details of whwn would need to pay it.

Lou

We did ours ourselves too as pretty straightforward application for us. About the same as Jo except only paid £20 for solicitor to certify copies.

Medical costs can vary depending on the Dr (they seem to charge what they like), Children under 11 don't need x-rays (so this can add to the cost if they're over). I think children of 16 need blood tests, you need extra blood tests if your in the nursing profession or if you have tatoos (all extra money). We had to pay £15 to the dr. for the courier

Archived