Are we doing the right thing????.....Sorry it's a long story

Guest jonseywife

Guest jennywright

To add to Jonesywife and Batman's experiences.........................

My husband and I live in a nice village in Derbyshire, nice schools, nice houses etc. We were walking home from our friends' house with our 13 year old son one Sunday evening at about 10.30 and there was a man walking slowly, ahead of us. Just before we reached our close, I saw a woman emerging from the jitty in the distance, she was pushing a pram. I said to my husband that we should watch discreetly to make sure that the woman and child got past the man safely, after all, you don't know whose about these days do you? It soon became obvious that the couple knew each other so we decided to continue home, but as we did the woman shouted out "what you f$$%^n lookin' at?". I explained that I was concerned for her and her child's safety as she seemed to be on her own in the dark but as all seemed ok we were going home. Expecting her to say "oh thanks, but i'm alright". How wrong could I be, instead, she abandoned the child in the pushchair in the middle of the road, hurled a barrage of abuse at us all, telling us to "mind or own

f%&%in business", punched my husband then started on me. My son pulled her off me and we ran for it. She proceeded to ring "the boys" up, saying we'd attacked her! We ended up hiding behind a car opposite our own house until she got fed up looking for us and left. When we were sure it was safe we ran into our house.

If this is the mentality of the ever growing chav population of this country then you can keep it. No wonder more and more people choose to turn a blind eye these days rather than step in and help. Thank god it was only her fist she launched at my OH and not a knife, anything goes these days it seems. I like to keep myself to myself but be there for others if needed but now ask myself why bother? This country is being overrun by nutters like that woman and decent people with the sense and means are getting the hell out of here. I pity those who are left behind.

Go for it folks or you may live to regret it

• 5 years later...
Guest Big Steve
We've noticed that when describing a very serious assault the aussie news/media report that someone got "bashed"

We've noticed that too, and then the next news/radio item is advertising a.... "BBQ Bash" somwhere or other as a family event you should all head to!!!

As for the crime. We left the UK - aware of, but not really experiencing the lawlessness (although we were burgled about 2 years ago), and arrived here to have numerous 'little' things happen. Number plates swapped on the rental car, glovebox rifled after leaving the windows open on the car (parked in the garage but with the door open), doorbell rung late one evening with no-one there. Casing the joint - rather than knock and run. 1st week and we saw a truck trash a car in the car park by bad driving - only to drive away and not bother leaving details. Has happened to me also, not so much damage but nobody owns up to this type of damage.

Just to add though - we don't regret moving here, just be aware that crime happens everywhere and take steps to prevent or avoid it.

U wanna swap and move to bradford, Your description sounds like bradford in its lovely glory days, were on to drive by shootings now, Its getting better all the time. lol, good luck with the move

Guest The Ropey HOFF

There were 29 youths stabbed to death in London one year, 29 young men stabbed to death, mainly gang related, that's not counting shootings and adult murders, or all the other murders, can anyone tell me where this happens in Australia? I live 250 miles from London and that's as near to it as I want to be, but if there's similar places in Austalia, I would like to know. I think crime is similar in each country, I choose to live away from it, but if there's places that are extremely bad, like we saw during the London riots, I think it would be nice to know where they are.

There were 29 youths stabbed to death in London one year, 29 young men stabbed to death, mainly gang related, that's not counting shootings and adult murders, or all the other murders, can anyone tell me where this happens in Australia? I live 250 miles from London and that's as near to it as I want to be, but if there's similar places in Austalia, I would like to know. I think crime is similar in each country, I choose to live away from it, but if there's places that are extremely bad, like we saw during the London riots, I think it would be nice to know where they are.

But the murder rate is higher in Australia than UK. Doesn't seem to be so much media coverage though. For example the 16 year old nephew of my OHs friend was stabbed to death at a party going on three years ago now. Only a small column mention at the time in the paper. Later that year 2010,the paper gave a full page with photos,including his, of all the murders to date for the period as numbers had really shot up and questions where being asked what's happened to society? Same as same as.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Like I said crime is similar in each country, there has been a huge increase in the UK of reducing murders to manslaughter for varying reasons, to me most of them are murder, but the law is the law and they say the law is an ass. I think that's how they describe it, when I wrote it, it didn't sound right. Lol

Oz seems to have more gun crime, that is my perception been here 5 months now. I live in SW sydney and we seem to be a shooting hotspot seems crime is everywhere just have to find a place with "less".

Archived