fee question

johnd

hi all,

doing the 136 visa and waiting now for ,(hopefully), confirmation, had meds 2 weeks ago. my wife did most of the paper work, but i'm unsure of the fee. we paid a money order when we first applied, do we do this again when we get confirmation, and do we have to send it to australia.

my wife will prob look it up when she comes in from work but i am a worrier so i need to know now!!!!!!.

johnd

just looked myself on the immigration web-site. now i'm wondering cos we paid by money order last time can we pay by credit card the 2nd time,(we did not put any credit card details on the forms), as paying by credit card will be a lot quicker, by about 2 weeks i think!!.

johnd

thanks jo n paul,

i think my wife can manage functional english,(just about), but i'm not sure if she can after drinkng bacardi,(her tipple of choice!!!!). so it looks like just one fee for us, more money to take to oz.

on the subject of money apparently the oz government give 1st time house buyers in oz a $7000 grant when you buy your home, they also waive the stamp duty, or so i'm led to believe.

johnd

Guest THE JONEZYS

Don't know about other states but in Victoria, the first home buyers grant is now around $12,000.

Part funded buy the govt' part by the state.

Lesley

hi again,

the news and info about oz seems to get better and better. my wife and myself had originally wanted to go to canada, in fact we got our visas and went for a few weeks to activate it/keep or options open.

my wife was more for canada than me. i worked in oz before and should have went with what i knew,(sorry if i'm repeating my self from earlier posts), but we both assumed that canada would be similar to oz, apart from the weather!!!.

but canada is higher tax and only 2 weeks holiday a year!!, s#d that!!!.

we have friends in vancouver, he is an accountant ,(of some standing), and he only gets 3 weeks a year. she is a teacher and was the main applicant for the visa, and as yet she has found it immpossible to get a full time job,(and they have been there 2 and a half years), apparently the teaching system is all done on seniority.

if proffessional people are finding it hard out in canada i did n't think there was much hope for us blue collar types. basically everything i heard about canada made my heart sink, where as oz just makes us excited!!!. it seems as if the oz government are genuinely trying to encourage new migrants to there country. well i know that us two can't wait!!!!!!!.

tie me kangaroo down sport!!!!!!

jpd

Archived