Help !!!!!!!!!!

Guest gwen

Hi Everybody

Been Reading All The Information On The Immi.gov Sight And Printed Alot Of Stuff Off.phew!!!!!! There Is Tones Of Stuff Think I Have Got My Head Round The General Skilled Migration.am I Right In Saying That I Send The Skills Assessment Of First.i No I Can Do This On My Own But Could Do With Some Help,is There Anybody Out There That Has Done The Application Them Selves And Would Be Willing To Help Me And My Family.my Husbands Cousin Has Moved Out There With His Wife About Two Months Ago,when Can They Sponsor You From Is There A Time Limit To How Long They Have To Live There. Thanks X

Guest thomas omalley

Hi Gwen

Yes, skills assessment for your job goes first...

can't help you to do the application but it's fairly straighforward if your job is on the skilled occupations list.

Not sure if your cousin will be able to sponsor you unless your cousin is a recognised employer.

As far as family sponsorship… think you have to be a parent or remaining relative, or a dependent or carer.

With skilled visas, if you don’t have enogh points a relative can sponsor you, again, think it’s only dependents, parents, siblings, or nieces/nephews, uncle/aunt?

Also, you’ll need to not be using the capital letters so much to be eligible for a visa.

Good Luck with everything.

O’M.

Ha Ha been using my sons lap top and was not used to it,seem to have grasped it now (I think) Anyway thanks for the information.Are you in oz or are you applying,if you in oz did you do the application yourself.Steve that my hubby is a painter and decorater by trade and has been doing this job for near on 20 years on and off.When I looked at the job matching it gave him 60 points.He did get a city and guilds but cannot trace it any where as its near on 25 years since he did the apprentaship,he can get plenty of references,do you think this will ok.

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi Gwen,

My understanding is that you must have certified copies of all qualifications, this is certainly the case for my husband. However not sure if it would be different if he has 25 years work experience, I'm sure someone else will be able to give you a definite answer.

Lou

Hi Gwen

I have a bit of waffle I have cut and pasted to give a bit of general info on the off-shore Skilled visas being 134, 136, 137, 138, 495 and 496. I don't think you would score the required 120 for the Independent 136 visa, a 1st cousin can not sponsor for the 138 visa, but maybe could for the 496 visa otherwise State nomination (137and/or 134) or SIR (495) would be your only other options that do not involve employer sponsorship.

I'll just paste the 496 ifo for now so yo ucan see if the first cousin lives in a designated area. Let me know if you want the waffle on any of the other Skileld visas.

Regards

Tony Coates

MARN 0635896

496 – Skilled - Designated Area-Sponsored (Provisional) Visa

A three (3) year visa for people unable to meet the pass mark on the points test for either a Skilled - Independent or Skilled Australian Sponsored visa but are able to be sponsored by a relative living in a designated area of Australia. After living in a designated area of Australia for two (2) years and working full-time for at least 12 months in a designated area in the same state/territory as their sponsor, applicants can apply for a permanent visa.

Basic Recent Work Experience requirements for this visa are:

if nominatinmg a 60 point occupation, has 6 months skilled experience in the previous 12 month period, immediately before the visa application was made OR, if nominating a 40 or 50 point occupation, has 12 months skilled experience in the previous 18 month period, immediately before the visa application was made. (unless recently completed an Australian course that qualifies for an exemption of the recent work experience.)

Employed is defined as “engaged in an occupation for remuneration for at least 20 hours weekly.”

Other basic criteria are:

. Be aged 18 to 44;

. Score at least 15 points for English Language Ability (can be 10 points depending in which State/Territory your sponsor resides)

. Be assessed as suitable for on occupation on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) by the Relevant Assessing Body.

There is no points test, just basic criteria to be met.

The sponsor has to be related to the applicant with the applicant being either a parent, child, step-child, brother/sister (including adoptive brother/sister). Step-brother/sister, uncle/aunt (including adoptive uncle/aunt), step-uncle/aunt, niece/nephew (including adoptive niece/nephew), step-niece/nephew, grandchild or 1st cousin, of the sponsor.

Unlike the 138 visa, where the sponsor does not have to be resident in Australia for any particular period, the 496 sponsor must have been “resident in 1 or other of the designated areas throughout the period of 12 months immediately before Immigration receives the relevant sponsorship (except for short absences for the purposes of business or recreation).

Designated Areas are determined by their post codes in each State or Territory:

AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY - entire Territory

NEW SOUTH WALES 2311 to 2312

– except Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong 2328 to 2333

2336 to 2490 2535 to 2551 2575 to 2739 2787 to 2898

NORTHERN TERRITORY

- entire Territory

QUEENSLAND 4019 to 4028

- except Brisbane metropolitan area 4037 to 4050

4079 to 4100 4114 4118 4124 to 4150

4158 to 4168 4180 to 4899

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

- entire State

TASMANIA

- entire State

VICTORIA

- entire State

WESTERN AUSTRALIA 6042 to 6044

- except Perth metropolitan area 6051

6126 6200 to 6799

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi there gwen

It is best practice to get the city and guilds certificate - do you know the institution - perhaps they have copies. If not, then the next course of action would be to write a statutory declaration and if you can get third party confirmation (letter from someone who can verify the information), that would support the application

Good luck

Guest kimdownie
Hi there gwen

It is best practice to get the city and guilds certificate - do you know the institution - perhaps they have copies. If not, then the next course of action would be to write a statutory declaration and if you can get third party confirmation (letter from someone who can verify the information), that would support the application

Good luck

Hi Phil,

We sent all our city and guilds certificates off to TRA, We failed Our skills assessment as our assessors said that city and guilds certificates were not enough to prove our skills!!! have you ever heard of this before or was she just being awkward???

cheers Kim

Guest Gollywobbler
Hello Phil

Nice to see you back

Ali

Hi Phil

This is simply to say that I endorse Ali's welcome back message. We've missed you, my old son....!! :biggrin:

Cheers

Gill

Hi Tony

thanks for that advice,I will be back with more questions,I printed all the docs of now,there is so much of it.

I also just printed of the pre-migration skills assessment application form of the computer,do you think this will help.

Thanks Gwen

Dont no where to start,been on the internet and does not seem to pick much up on city and guilds and where to find old ones,he got loads of experience.Whats a statutory declaration.

Hi Gwen

So have you worked outy which visa yet - if no closer relative than a 1st cousin in Australia, will have to be 496 or 495 I think. C&G not crucial - they do not prove apprenticeship, only that a particular exam was passed on a particular day. Stat dec is Affidavit stating that he passed certain C&G exams, lost them and can't get replacements - signed by him and witnessed by a lawyer or Notary.

Regards

Tony Coates

MARN 0635896

Hi we decided to go for the skilled on steves job painter and decorator,just downloaded all the paper work.We have to fill the skilled assesment out first and then see if they pass us,then go from there.We have really decided this is what we want now.Dont no where we would like to live have you got any ideas.My children are 19,16,15.

Thankyou

Gwen and Steve

:jiggy:

Hi Gwen

Are you saying that the 1st cousin does not live in one of the designated areas so that the 496 visa is not an option ? If so, the 495 SIR visa may be your only other option and South Australia may be the only State to offer you an SIR Nomination.

Regards

Tony Coates

MARN 0635896

Hi Gwen

Are you saying that the 1st cousin does not live in one of the designated areas so that the 496 visa is not an option ? If so, the 495 SIR visa may be your only other option and South Australia may be the only State to offer you an SIR Nomination.

Regards

Tony Coates

MARN 0635896

Steves 1st cousin lives in perth and he only been there 4 months so dont think he could sponser us anyway.Going to try and get steves skilles assest,see if they can get him a pass that way.From what I have read it seems you dont need to prove your city and guilds as long as you can get plenty of references from previous employers.(I think) :wacko:

Thats great news guys....skills assesment first...I would say live in QLD but hey I am bias....Take a scoot around the site..you will see lots of info on different areas

Jo:)

Thanks Jo is it lovely there,I just hope we get in now.keep in touch

Gwen x :jiggy:

Archived