Guest kerryandgordon

TRA Worry

Guest kerryandgordon

Hi all

Has anyone ever had a worry with the TRA. I thought ours was excellent and it has took us 2 weeks with emails back and forth. We have included a 7 page reference on a fitter, 3 pages of tasks and photos of what my OH does, and also a stat dec. It has been received today in Oz.

After speaking with my agent today she said not get my hopes up, just pray which i thought was quite dis heartning. Has anyone felt like this and past. I feel gutted if this fails my partner said we are staying here, at the moment we are in limbo. :confused::confused:

Dont know what to think :(

Dont worry too much i had my tra refused first time round as i hadnt given enough info.If you fail ring them and ask why i got a phone call from an assessor telling me exactly what i needed to send them to pass.I had to pay my fee again but i passed no problem after that so its not the end of the world.:smile:

TRA passed NOV 08 175 VISA submitted FEB 09 Vic ss app 9/09/09 granted 23/09/09 changed to 176 now we wait yes we wait!! Waiting over case officer assigned 09/11/2010.Visa grated 10/12/2010:biglaugh:

Guest kerryandgordon

ah ok so they would tell what else to send in, oh that makes me feel better. Thank you

They will tell you what you need to do if you are going to be able to pass not everyone will pass,but they told me exactly what extra info they needed and basically if i did as he said i would have no problem.You need to ring them though if you fail in the first instance and they get your assessment officer to call you.

TRA passed NOV 08 175 VISA submitted FEB 09 Vic ss app 9/09/09 granted 23/09/09 changed to 176 now we wait yes we wait!! Waiting over case officer assigned 09/11/2010.Visa grated 10/12/2010:biglaugh:

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi all

Has anyone ever had a worry with the TRA. I thought ours was excellent and it has took us 2 weeks with emails back and forth. We have included a 7 page reference on a fitter, 3 pages of tasks and photos of what my OH does, and also a stat dec. It has been received today in Oz.

After speaking with my agent today she said not get my hopes up, just pray which i thought was quite dis heartning. Has anyone felt like this and past. I feel gutted if this fails my partner said we are staying here, at the moment we are in limbo. :confused::confused:

Dont know what to think :(

Hi Kerry

Why is a supposedly knowledgeable and expert agent advising you to "hope & pray" about your TRA outcome? These agents make out that they know what works with TRA and what doesn't, so what is going on?

That said, I can well understand a lady agent struggling with the question of whether Gordon is a diesel fitter-mechanic or whether he is a motor mechanic.

However it can be worked out with a bit of common sense and logic.

Our Man The Fitter:

Fitter 4112-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

1220.0 - Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) Second Edition, 1997

He must demonstrate that he does the detailed job and that his training, work experience and qualifications comply with TRA's Uniform Assessment Criteria:

http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/FA0FD1E1-8B74-4C11-AFBB-2C159890FF80/0/UniformAssessmentCriteriaSeptember2007.pdf

Our Man The Motor Mechanic:

Motor Mechanic 4211-11 - Supervisor 4125-01 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

1220.0 - Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) Second Edition, 1997

VETASSESS - Vocational Education Training and Assessment Services

VETASSESS - Vocational Education Training and Assessment Services

Please ask Gordon to study the download for Motor Mechanic (heavy vehicle.)

Did anybody phone both TRA and Vetassess to discuss the doubt with the assessors at each?

Did your agent refer the question to Roger Laws, Glenn Newton or one of the other ex-TRA assessors who actually know about the different trades (ie the old school TRA assessors instead of today's admin team who do not operate spanners themselves. They send for the man with the spanner if they need any spannering done.)

Roger Laws knows how to work a spanner as well as a skills assessment. His user-name on here is romaract:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/romaract.html

It sounds to me as if your agent is the one who needs to do the praying because she is going to look a right chump if this goes wrong. Not to mention paying Roger Laws' bill herself for sorting this out properly with you & Gordon, I suspect.

We have another member on here at present who is a marine mechanic. When he & I looked at the Vetassess download for motor mechanic (heavy vehicle) it was obvious even to me (devoutly averse to spanners, screwdrivers and grease) that our guy does not do that. Boat engines do not have brakes etc. Diesel fitter-mechanic is a closer fit. Roger Laws has a boat of his own and he likes grovelling around in a yacht's bilges messing about with boat engines, outdrives etc - that is his hobby. Seemed to me that Roger and our young 'un would get on like a house on fire about how to make the case about what, exactly, a marine mechanic does in the line of being a diesel fitter-mechanic. Hopefully the young 'un will take my advice and get Roger to give him a hand to sort it out.

Did your agent make all the intelligent enquiries that she could have made about all this?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest kerryandgordon

Yes, im convinced she did all the neccessary research. The hard thing was proving what he did when he was in the army. But hopefulyl everything will be fine