Migration agent Help!

Guest gozzo

Hi all,

I have been talking to loads of Migration Agents and I just Dont know which one to use 1st contact seem pretty good and we are thinking about using them but not sure, Does anyone know of any better Agents and is there anyway of knowing which are good or bad.

Thanks Simon.

Guest bigmove2009

We have spoken to a guy at Visa bureau and I think we are going with them. I have read a few posts on this subject and most people have highly recommended Visa Bureau and some others like Go Matilda....

Sorry for asking a stupid question but why do you need an agent? Except if you are very time poor.

Here is enough help available from very knowledgable people on this forum (and other similar forums) that will help you all the way.

Initially it always seems more difficult than what it really is!

Good luck

Guest bigmove2009
Sorry for asking a stupid question but why do you need an agent? Except if you are very time poor.

Here is enough help available from very knowledgable people on this forum (and other similar forums) that will help you all the way.

Initially it always seems more difficult than what it really is!

Good luck

I can see what your saying ottg, in our case, we would just feel happier having someone there to help with any complex questions and I guess it all seems abit daunting doing it alone!! My friend who migrated to NZ did it herself..... I guess it all depends if you're good with paperwork and/or have the confidence to do it yourself :huh:

I'm in the same predicament Gozzo! I have spent the last few days trawling the internet I think I could sort out Visa for OH and myself as pretty organised and methodical. I am worried about my hubbie's previous criminal convictions (dodgy teenage past) and if I need an agent to guide me through this? Although I have been reading up on this and these shouldn't pose any reason to be refused a Visa. The Visa Bureau have been very helpful so far answering questions ..... do I go with an agent or not??? Someone help!! As I am definitely not Chill at the moment!!

Guest bigmove2009
I'm in the same predicament Gozzo! I have spent the last few days trawling the internet I think I could sort out Visa for OH and myself as pretty organised and methodical. I am worried about my hubbie's previous criminal convictions (dodgy teenage past) and if I need an agent to guide me through this? Although I have been reading up on this and these shouldn't pose any reason to be refused a Visa. The Visa Bureau have been very helpful so far answering questions ..... do I go with an agent or not??? Someone help!! As I am definitely not Chill at the moment!!

Hiya - my OH did some daft stuff as a teenager too... Ended up in court with a crim record!! But all that was 25yrs ago and just stupid daft lad syndrome. The agent a VB asked if he had spent any time in prison, because he hadn't, so he said it wouldn't be a problem???

Thanks guys feel a bit better now!

Yes Gozzo I think you're right I might go with an agent just for reassurance.

This site is great to talk to people that understand x

Guest Clarinsred

I am glad I have gone with an agent, I know I would have made simple mistakes along the way...sending TRA off too early...

My agent Darren at Visa-go is great, he always returns my call even if it means out of office hours. I've no regrets. It all depends on if you want all the hassle of doing the paper work yourself, making occasional mistakes/panic attacks or do you give someone alot of money for that pleasure. You could argue that you could almost have a holiday on the agents fees... Perhaps I just self doubt too much, but I feel safer with it being someone elses responsibility.

Hi Clarinsred, Just had a look at Visa-go site, can you tell me what your rough costs are with them and how many of you thats for.

Thanks Simon.

Guest Clarinsred

It has cost just under £1500 for agents alone, then there are meds, visa and skills assessment on top of that for 3 of us...Will cost about £3000 all in. But I am confident they are worth it, they have been great so far.

We used John Adams at Immigration2Oz. Calmest and most patient man on the planet. No charge for initial meeting and I know he attends some of the Immigration shows so it may be worth going to one to meet him in person. Smaller company than some, but all other people I've heard from who used him say he's really prompt with replies, paperwork etc, which was also our experience. And we now have both sponsorship and our visa, so we're happy bunnies....

Guest bluebird

I just do not know if I should ask Immigration first before using an agent if I can stay.. I have a one year toursit visa .. I am living with my partner and have since last june .. no divorce yet.. in the process...what do I do?

I spoke to visa-go and visa bureau today they both seem good but Im not sure which to use, what do you think?

do you think I could get them to drop the fee's price if I tell them I have found cheaper agents?

Archived