Skill matching database

Guest yvonne & paul

Guest yvonne & paul

Anyone on this , or has anyone been "The Chosen One". What happens and what experience do you need in your trade

yvonne

Hi Yvonne. Here is a bit of general waffle on the Skills Matching Visa. As you can see, basic criteria have to be met for all skilled visas including the requiremenst for being suitably assessed in an occupation on the SOL. So paul may need 4, 5 or 6 years training and experience to get through the TRA, depending on the nature of that training.

Regards

Tony Coates

MARN 0635896

134 – Skill Matching (Migrant) Visa

This visa enables employers to search the Skill Matching Database and request participating state/territory governments to offer a nomination to someone with skills in demand.

Basic Recent Work Experience requirements for this visa are:

if nominatinmg a 60 point occupation, has 6 months skilled experience in the previous 12 month period, immediately before the visa application was made OR, if nominating a 40 or 50 point occupation, has 12 months skilled experience in the previous 18 month period, immediately before the visa application was made.

Other basic criteria are:

. Be aged 18 to 44;

. Score at least 15 points for English Language Ability (can be 10 points depending in which State/Territory your sponsor resides)

. Be assessed as suitable for on occupation on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) by the Relevant Assessing Body.

There is no points test, just basic criteria to be met.

Persons not on the Skill Matching Database, but who have an approved STNI Nomonation, can chose to apply for this visa, instead of the 137 visa, to avail of the reduced recent experience requirements and/or reduced English Language Ability requirements.

Also, 136 applicants can complete part of the Form 47SK to get their details added to the Skills Matching Data Base to give them a chance of a job offer, but hey still get processed as a 136 applicant.

Hiya

I filled this form in and got an email from a nursing agency - I'd already sorted a job out for myself and didn't need to use them, but that's the only contact I had from filling the form in.

Ali

Archived