Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather&Dean

Advice please on visa for my 19 year old daughter

Guest Heather&Dean

Hi all

I'm in the process of getting my skills assessed by ANMC as I'm an ITU nurse. I'm hoping to get sponsorship from QLD Gov and then apply for 176 visa.

But my dilema is which visa is best for our 19 year old daughter who wants to come with us. I don't know whether it will be easier to put her on my visa, but I will have to prove that she is depenent on us, (which of course she is, coz she's 19, lol, but how do I go about this?) or for her to go out on a students visa and then I can sponsor her once I have residency. As anyone got the same dilema or been through the process?

She works part time as a junior hairdresser/beauty therapist and is a student until June '09. She has NVQ 2 & 3 in beauty therapy and NVQ 2 in hairdressing.

Heather :confused:

Guest Clarinsred

I have just discussed this with my agent yesterday...My son is 18 and finishes his A-levels this summer. Agent suggests he stops on our Visa, and we open a bank account up for him (my son-not agent!). making weekly/monthly payments into the account via direct debit, this can then be withdrawn by myself.... He also suggests it would be better if he is still in full time education when CO looks at application and not working... Has anyone been advised differently?

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Clarinsred

It sounds to me like your Agent is spot on and has some beady ideas.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Heather&Dean

Thank you for the advice. Did your agent suggest how much to put in the account each month? Because I already transfer money to her account from mine for petrol, but it's only £100/month.

Heather

Guest Heather&Dean
I have just discussed this with my agent yesterday...My son is 18 and finishes his A-levels this summer. Agent suggests he stops on our Visa, and we open a bank account up for him (my son-not agent!). making weekly/monthly payments into the account via direct debit, this can then be withdrawn by myself.... He also suggests it would be better if he is still in full time education when CO looks at application and not working... Has anyone been advised differently?

Hi Clarinsred

Thanks for advice. Did your agent suggest how much to put in account each month? Because I already transfer money to my daughter's account to help with petrol, but it's only £100/month.

Heather

Guest Squem

Hi Heather,

I'm 21 years old and my dad is in the process of applying for a 176 visa! We started the process last year and after several discussions we decided to put me on my dad's visa! He wrote a long essay about why i was dependant on my parents.. by researching house prices/renting vs my pay! And told them about my monthly outgoings like my loans etc! The agent said it was HIGHLY unlikely that I would get accepted on my dads visa... but a few weeks ago they requested medicals which our agent said was very positive as they wouldn't normally ask for medicals if they weren't considering accepting me on my dads visa!

Our backup options if I'm not accepted are:

* Apply for a last living relative visa - only applies if I have no immediate family ie: sisters/brothers!

* Apply for a student visa and go to a local university (problem with this is it costs more as I would be classed as an international student!

I'm still not 100% sure if i'll get accepted on my dad's visa but everything is crossed as none of the above options appeal to me! I reckon if you put a good case together for your daughter you might be lucky!!! Just cover everything... ie: what she is currently earning vs renting/living without your help!

I hope thats helps!

Emma

Guest Clarinsred

Hi Heather, my agent suggested about £50, at the moment he doesn't get anything and he doesn't have a job... we just give out as he asks, but the bank will help prove this.

My next dilemma will be the full time education...We applied October 08 on a Family 176, I am a Primary school Teacher so I will be at the bottom of the list, so I am confident we won't get there this summer as we hoped...So now we will have to enrol my son on a full time educational course. He wants to teach primary. Does anyone know if the credits from the first year of a degree in the UK can be transferred to Oz?...Gill ?

Guest Heather&Dean
Hi Heather, my agent suggested about £50, at the moment he doesn't get anything and he doesn't have a job... we just give out as he asks, but the bank will help prove this.

My next dilemma will be the full time education...We applied October 08 on a Family 176, I am a Primary school Teacher so I will be at the bottom of the list, so I am confident we won't get there this summer as we hoped...So now we will have to enrol my son on a full time educational course. He wants to teach primary. Does anyone know if the credits from the first year of a degree in the UK can be transferred to Oz?...Gill ?

Thanks again Clarinsred

Unfortunately I don't know whether you can transfer credits from incomplete degree. But I'm sure that someone on PiO will. Fingers' crossed for us all. Heather

Guest Heather&Dean
Hi Heather,

I'm 21 years old and my dad is in the process of applying for a 176 visa! We started the process last year and after several discussions we decided to put me on my dad's visa! He wrote a long essay about why i was dependant on my parents.. by researching house prices/renting vs my pay! And told them about my monthly outgoings like my loans etc! The agent said it was HIGHLY unlikely that I would get accepted on my dads visa... but a few weeks ago they requested medicals which our agent said was very positive as they wouldn't normally ask for medicals if they weren't considering accepting me on my dads visa!

Our backup options if I'm not accepted are:

* Apply for a last living relative visa - only applies if I have no immediate family ie: sisters/brothers!

* Apply for a student visa and go to a local university (problem with this is it costs more as I would be classed as an international student!

I'm still not 100% sure if i'll get accepted on my dad's visa but everything is crossed as none of the above options appeal to me! I reckon if you put a good case together for your daughter you might be lucky!!! Just cover everything... ie: what she is currently earning vs renting/living without your help!

I hope thats helps!

Emma

Thanks Squem, hope it all works out for you.