NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest milliebooboo

Do you need to ask the ANMC to forward the certified paperwork onto your chosen nursing board? Im totally confused now. Do i just send the nursing board application form with no documents and put a note in to ask them to contact the anmc. Please help someone. ??????

Once you have your letter of determination from the ANMC, you can ask them to forward your documentation etc to your choice of State board

Hope that helps. You can e-mail the ANMC to ask any questions, they are really helpful, thats what I've been doing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest lindawob

Ladys..I just checked my account and the nbv has taken the money out in the 22 of feb!..does this mean that my registration is on the way here??

Guest oscarblaik

nbv took money out of my account on 19th Jan, still no word. I am unsure how long the process takes and wanted to be there end of march. I have contacted nbv by phone but they are unable to tell me anything, only that it is pending?

does anyone know the average waiting time for registration?

vanessa

Has anyone recently had any probs with their nursing board accepting the forwarded documents from the ANMC? I'm just about the apply for registration with QNC and ask ANMC to forward on my documents but wanted to make sure that this was still ok to do.

Cheers Laura

Guest aeon5

Hi! I am a registered nurse here in the Philippines but inexperienced since I am taking care of my grandfather. I'll be going to Australia (Melbourne) next year through fiancee visa. I am aware of the benefits given to any holder of fiancee visa like I can work and study in the given time. I know that I'll be going through a refresher course before I start working there. So, question is, how long would I be studying the refresher course?

Thanks.

Please help !!!

Got all docs together for ANMC, completed online application form in, got to payment details , paid with credit card, approved and then came up showing 'system error' and now its completely jammed:arghh:

Rang cc card company and money has gone through already !!!!

Don't know what do do now as can't go any further on the application form and sure not paying again!!

has this happened to anyone else?

Can't believe it, just want to print out and put it with all my carefully certified docs and post to OZ

Thanks

Rachel

Please help !!!

Got all docs together for ANMC, completed online application form in, got to payment details , paid with credit card, approved and then came up showing 'system error' and now its completely jammed:arghh:

Rang cc card company and money has gone through already !!!!

Don't know what do do now as can't go any further on the application form and sure not paying again!!

has this happened to anyone else?

Can't believe it, just want to print out and put it with all my carefully certified docs and post to OZ

Thanks

Rachel

Call them tonight and find it if they got it. the number is on the website.Or email them. They are quick at replying.

Will let you know about the 27th. Shame you cant make this weekend as there are 6 of us now.

JOHN

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi purplelaura i am also applying to the ANMC then to queensland nursing board, so hope there will be no problems forwarding the documents to them, other people on poms in oz have done this and have not said there was any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm in the process of getting all my docs ready for applying to get skills assessed. Can anyone advice me of the time it's taking to get WA registration? I had read that if you were already registered then you can apply for a modified skill assessment. Am I just aswell paying for the full skills assessment? I need to pass my IELTS before I can proceed, booked for a few weeks time.

On the general information for the skills assessment from ANMC it states that if you need to apply for Australian registration after assessment has been completed then you can request documents to the board you wish to register with via your on line log in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ali

just a quick question, av just finished my mental health training in the uk, want to relocate asap. i have no work experience as far as nursing is concerned. Which visa would best suit me in this case and how long will it take to get my ANMC registration done and if thats not too much, would you advice me on what steps do i have to take to get the PR. Many thanx

LLLV

Unless it's changed you will need to have about 12 months qualified experience working at least 20 hours per week for the 12 months.

Your other option is to apply to a hospital under the graduate programme, however, I know last year there were lots of graduates trained in Aus applying for those positions so they would likely get priority.

Guest morty

Hi everyone

Just been offered a job with the RDNS in Melbourne and im very excited. Far too much paperwork to sort though.

The Nurse board of Victoria require a copy of initial registration - does this mean the letter from the NMC when i first qualified and registered. As i can not find it. Do the NMC supply another one? Is it included in the verification from the NMC?

Anyone else going to Melbourne later this year as im going it alone :eek:

• 1 month later...

hello all

anyone help with this one?

I have recently returned to work from maternity leave, had quite a bit of time off sick whilst pregnant as I had a few medical problems

Since returning to work, and a new post within the same hospital been diagnosed as diabetic, which took a while to diagnose, so have had some recent absence

Am a little concerned that I may not get a visa because of this

And....With references how many do they need and does it have to be your current employer?

Any help as always much appreciated

TT xx

I applied for my skills assessment in 2006 so a little while ago. You had to have worked at least 20 hours per week for the last 12 months (we were applying for PR visa). I submitted two references and also a letter from HR confirming my length of employment, grade and what my Job title.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alboheme

Does anybody know how long the Working with Children Checks are taking in NSW? I am in the UK and the hospital in Sydney that will be sponsoring me are about to lodge my check, and as I can't go any further with things until the check is back, I was just trying to get an idea of how long the process might currently be, thanks.

Guest juliej

just read this useful thread. When you send the money off to QNC what fee do initially pay altogether is it $165 (oversees assessment $114 + $51 application)

and send $98 when it is approoved

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Im new to this forum but hoping someone can help, i recently sent off my application for registration to the nmb with all the neccessary paperwork and have had a response saying my transcript doesnt include theoretical work in the following areas, medical nursing, surgical nusring, aged care nursing, mental health and community nursing,, however my nursing diploma which i completed in 2002 is child health specific and im registered as a child health nurse, i know in australia there are no such distinctions, has anyone else experienced this, can they just place a restriction on my practice any advice would be great,, thanks cheryl.

Guest oscarblaik

i had a problem with my transcript too. i called my school of nursing and there was someone that dealt with it, sending a specific transcript out. only available from school of nursing and not from the general university office who initially issued the one that was not accepted. I m a mental health nurse. good luck

Guest shelby

Hi,

I've just started to get my registration organised. Not actually sent anything yet. I'm a UK trainedmidwife. I started this process 2 years ago prior to going on my holiday working visa, but never completed it. I remember I had to go get a medical and chest xray done...is this still a requirement for registration...or is it a visa one??I cant see anything on the Nursing board website??

HELP?????