NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Yippeeee got a job offer in Redcliffe A&E. As per usual have done everything **** up ! Have got my QNC reg but didnt apply to the ANMC so having to do that now then I think I can apply for my visa? Can anyone clarify if this is correct? If going for the 176 is it 2 applications???

Nic

Yippeeee got a job offer in Redcliffe A&E. As per usual have done everything **** up ! Have got my QNC reg but didnt apply to the ANMC so having to do that now then I think I can apply for my visa? Can anyone clarify if this is correct? If going for the 176 is it 2 applications???

Nic

How did you get the job and how long ago did you apply?

JOHN

Guest looby1pink

Hi can anyone help me?. As of 1st July for state registration as a nurse we have to do the IELTS does anyone know if it is the academic course or general training test? i cant seem to find anything about it on the NMBWA site and do I have do to this first before i can send my registration documents?. There seems to be a wait for the tests so best get booked in as early as possible if anyone is near to this point. Seems to be never ending.

Thanks Lou x

Guest Magnetic6
Hi can anyone help me?. As of 1st July for state registration as a nurse we have to do the IELTS does anyone know if it is the academic course or general training test? i cant seem to find anything about it on the NMBWA site and do I have do to this first before i can send my registration documents?. There seems to be a wait for the tests so best get booked in as early as possible if anyone is near to this point. Seems to be never ending.

Thanks Lou x

Hi lou

It's the general training test and i'm not certain as to the timeline with sending it before or after your state reg documents. I've applied for assesment with the ANMC first and have booked in for IELTS, what a pain in the a**e that is, but heyho needs must :arghh:

Natalie

Guest looby1pink
Hi lou

It's the general training test and i'm not certain as to the timeline with sending it before or after your state reg documents. I've applied for assesment with the ANMC first and then will book in for IELTS, what a pain in the a**e that is, but heyho needs must :arghh:

Natalie

Thanks Natalie, i thought it was the general training too but i was told academic so im a bit confused, I really dont want to sit the wrong one it costs £105 a pop. Did an agent tell you it is the general training? im doing this on my own so going on word of mouth. Good luck with your ANMC reg x

Guest Magnetic6
Hi lou

It's the general training test and i'm not certain as to the timeline with sending it before or after your state reg documents. I've applied for assesment with the ANMC first and then will book in for IELTS, what a pain in the a**e that is, but heyho needs must :arghh:

Natalie

Ohhhh Lou!I'm now thoroughly confused! I was pretty certain it was the general test but you planted a seed of doubt (i should leave this stuff to the experts). I've now googled it and have come up with conflicting information,on various sites it's saying the academic test (oh s!!t). BUT on the ANMC website it still states that there's a waiver on the test for nures/midwives trained in the uk so now i'm even more confused!Sorry i've been as much use as a chocolate teacup.Natalie x

Guest looby1pink
Ohhhh Lou!I'm now thoroughly confused! I was pretty certain it was the general test but you planted a seed of doubt (i should leave this stuff to the experts). I've now googled it and have come up with conflicting information,on various sites it's saying the academic test (oh s!!t). BUT on the ANMC website it still states that there's a waiver on the test for nures/midwives trained in the uk so now i'm even more confused!Sorry i've been as much use as a chocolate teacup.Natalie x

Dont worry it is confusing thats why im asking for help lol..im sure someone will enlighten us on here shortly:eek:..Failing that i shall ring the NMBWA in the morning and get back to you. But im pretty sure the waivering does not apply anymore. :nah:

Guest Magnetic6

Hi lou

Definitely no waivers from 1st july, i've just read the latest ANMC report. According to the Australian Visa Bureau it's the Academic test, though like you i was told the general but best to contact the boards directly for clarification.

I'm really glad you raised this subject because it looks like i'd be sitting the wrong test!!! x

Guest looby1pink
Hi lou

Definitely no waivers from 1st july, i've just read the latest ANMC report. According to the Australian Visa Bureau it's the Academic test, though like you i was told the general but best to contact the boards directly for clarification.

I'm really glad you raised this subject because it looks like i'd be sitting the wrong test!!! x

Hi. I have received an application pack from IELTS and it states that the General Training is suitable for candidates who are going to an english speaking country for example Australia and the Academic test assesses whether the candidate is ready to study or train in the medium of English at an undergraduate or postgraduate level. However I have telephoned the NMBWA this morning and they have stated it is the Academic test that is required. If your applying to a different state Magnetic6 i would probably give them a ring to clarify incase its differrent. No wonder im confused too!! I have had a look at some examples of the Academic test and it looks quite complex, not looking forward to doing that :frown:.

Lou x

hello. i have been registered in WA SA NT and Queensland all at the same time. that was a pain. it was a few years ago when i was travelling round working as a midwife (with kids and husband in a caravan) i went through an agancy which arranged my contracts all over australia. we got to live in houses and got our petrol paid for travelling from place to place. i got paid for sitting in the car for 8 hours too. well back to the point. when you are registered in one place it shouldn't be too difficult visit their webs sites and ask them. I remember in queensland they were a pain as i was in the north and thier office is in brissy. two points in the next 18-24 months registration is going national (what a revolutionary idea!!!!!)

the other point is if you go in their office with the required documents you are registered there. aslo it's good idea to get another australian police check as soon as you get here. i would approach your local hospitla and ask them to help also. ask me questions if you like i don't know much but i know what i know. will post some web sites

ali

Guest Janiejo

Hi

I'm a newbie on this site and am wanting to move to Perth with my partner. I'm an Emergency nurse practitioner and he's an IT manager. I'm trying to understand the visa process but getting a little confused - so - a few questions:

What is the easiest way to get a job - via agency or respond to adverts on hospital job sites?

I need to be skills assessed by ANMC and then apply to be registered with NMBWA or can I do both at the same time? Also how long does each take to process?

Where do I have my verification from NMC and transcript of training from Uni sent to? ANMC? NMBWA?

How do I get a 'current police clearance' as requested on NMBWA application form?

Are there any jobs in Perth ED's at the moment?

Cheers

Janie

Guest Rixmai

Good evening dear all,

I am new to this forum and i have few question to enquire. I am a newly graduated nurse in Singapore and started work few months back. My fiance is a permanent resident in WA and i am planning to join him next year however i am not sure how to go about the application and registration.

First of all, do i need to register with ANMC then to NMBWA( same question as janiejo) or i can register straight with NMBWA?

Secondly, do i have to register with nursing board in australia before i proceed to apply for my visa?

Thank you for reading my post and i thank you all for attending to my enquiries. Appreciate it.

Guest looby1pink

Hi.

My ANMC took about 9 weeks to come through and then this was sent with my 175 visa. Registration with the NMBWA is valid for 1 year so you need to take this into consideration if your visa may take sometime. I sent my verification to both the ANMC and NMBWA as they will hold it on file for you untill you send in your application form. Jobs have slowed down a bit as it is the end of their financial year but it should start picking up soon..so ive been told. I have joined a couple of agencies and they seem to keep me updated on things overe there. Hope this helps.

Good luck

Lou

Guest Rixmai

Oh okay thank you so much for your reply. May i know how long does it take for you to apply for 175? I was thinking of whether to take through 175 or 457? Which one will you advice?

Guest neilalys

hi, advice please, mother in law rgn qualified 1975, hoping to go 457 visa to brisbane, looks though she has to do ielts now earliest end august, we have contact with some agencies , but need to get things moving now, so any ideas on what she should be doing first, forms ,registrations, meds ?. i realy dont know where to start. just sorted our visa seems likely we are hoping to be brissy bound november/december time, and would like to have mil come at the same time,

Guest looby1pink
Oh okay thank you so much for your reply. May i know how long does it take for you to apply for 175? I was thinking of whether to take through 175 or 457? Which one will you advice?

Hi immigration told me that the 175 can take 7 -10 months but im not sure about the 457. There is a timeline thread on PIO, take a look to see how long they take to recieve. Hope this helps.

Guest Rixmai

Oh okay. Thanks dear! Now i am wondering how i should go about caused 175 needs to have at least 1 year experience before i apply but now i only have like few months work experience and my plan is to move by next june.

By the way do you know if its possible for me to study at the same time if i am on 457?

• 1 month later...
Guest ScotBurton

Hi, a quick question.

My girlfriend just got her registration approved for the Queensland Nursing council. However, we are wanting to move to sydney so we will need to transfer it over. This may seem a silly question but is it New South Wales nursing council we have to apply to? and where do we get the forms to do it?

How long does it usually take?

Thanks in advance for any help as it is very much appreciated.

Hi, she'll now have to apply to the nursing board of NSW and can apply under mutual recognition which I think takes about a month Application under the Mutual Recognition Act 1992 or the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997 - Nurses and Midwives Board

. At some point they're looking at a centralised registration system here in Aus by July 1st 2010 but for the moment each board has it's own registration and fees. The home page for nmbnsw is here.

Nurses and Midwives Board, New South Wales, Australia - Nurses and Midwives Board

Hi immigration told me that the 175 can take 7 -10 months but im not sure about the 457. There is a timeline thread on PIO, take a look to see how long they take to recieve. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much dear. Appreciate it :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi

My wife Lisa sat her IELTS test yesterday and hopefully she has passed and being positive, I have downloaded the QLD nursing reg forms. Am I correct in saying that once we receive her result I can ask the ANMC to forward all the docs I sent them and then just send off the QLD nursing form with the fee?

JOHN

• 2 weeks later...
hi, advice please, mother in law rgn qualified 1975, hoping to go 457 visa to brisbane, looks though she has to do ielts now earliest end august, we have contact with some agencies , but need to get things moving now, so any ideas on what she should be doing first, forms ,registrations, meds ?. i realy dont know where to start. just sorted our visa seems likely we are hoping to be brissy bound november/december time, and would like to have mil come at the same time,

Hiya, if she definately wants to go to Brisbane then she should apply for registration with Queensland, I notice your post is a couple of months old, so if she hasn't already done this then she may need to book an IELTS test, the rule have just changed! You didn't need to take the test before July 09 I think it was?! Anyway, she will also need to have a police clearance... not the same as CRB but an official one used for migrants I think the address is www.acro.co.uk but I could be wrong, if you google it you will find the website!

Once she has a job offer her employer will nominate her and a job start date for a 457 and then she can apply for the visa. She will need to be registered with Queensland first though, hense why it is a good idea to get registered now as you can be waiting for a couple of months. It is advisable to get her medicals done after she has applied for the Visa, this is just so that it gets sent to the same file, rather than having to seperate files, which can prolong the process.

Also I have been told by my case manager that depending on the her nominated start date from her employer, her visa will not be granted until 28days before this date.

Hope this helps

Can anyone tell me the answer? I am registered with NBV and it runs out in Dec...before I even get out to the country! Will it be a simple case of paying a fee and updating any info like over here with the NMC, or will I have to go through the whole registration process again?!

Thanks