Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest JoanneHattersley

NURSES - Moving to Australia

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ali said:

Perhaps you need to speak directly with AHPRA

Yeah, am gonna do that... with it being the weekend (at the time I wrote the question), I  had figured the great minds at PIO would possibly know an answer... ?...

Ill just make plans on the basis of presenting in person within 3 months.

thanks all


Melbourne... ahhhhhh😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had an interview last week on Skype... absolutely no clue how it went... it felt positive, but the interviewers have the best poker faces I've ever come across.. now the nervous wait...they said they'd let me know after they get references back.. Is that normal? I mean, I'm so used to hearing "you got the job, now we will do some compliance" (which includes references...) So I'm wondering what gives


Melbourne... ahhhhhh😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, SWMOY04 said:

Had an interview last week on Skype... absolutely no clue how it went... it felt positive, but the interviewers have the best poker faces I've ever come across.. now the nervous wait...they said they'd let me know after they get references back.. Is that normal? I mean, I'm so used to hearing "you got the job, now we will do some compliance" (which includes references...) So I'm wondering what gives

That is very normal. I only followed up the references for my preferred candidate, so if they do follow up that should indicate good things. Some places follow up for a few good candidates to help their final decision. But well done, sounds really promising!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a friend who wants to apply for a 189. She will have 65 points and looking to move to WA. Am I right in thinking that she needs to get 70 points to even get through the EoI at the moment? She is a nurse and has been working in Oz whilst on her WHV, therefore registered with APHRA. AMNAC being processed. She's actually a week off gaining an extra 5 points for experience as I believe she has 2 years 11 months and 3 weeks experience!

Edited by benj1980

AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@benj1980 I originally put an EOI in with 65 points for a 189. It would take forever with 65 points to be selected. 70 points and I think you would get snapped up within months. I decided to apply for a 190 state sponsored and was invited with 65+5 for state sponsorship. Not sure about WA as they have a lot of criteria around state sponsorship such as type of nurse and years of experience. States offer 489 visa's and 190 visa's to a select few. She should talk to an agent and see what they recommend.

Edited by Jenki75
to add recipient
  • Like 1

29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Applied 08/09/2018, State Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.  CO Contact for form 47a for migrating adult child, and non-migrating non-dependent adult children  9th April, 2019.    Grant 4th June 2019!!!! Job Offer Aug 2019, Flying to Oz October 2nd 2019✈️🇦🇺🌞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi fellow nurses, 

I'm moving to Melbourne in January and have a few questions about jobs. I've already started with seek, indeed, hospitals careers and sending my CV where relevant. 

I'm surgical RN and was wondering how big are my chances in securing a job? I'm not from an English speaking country and my experience is not particularly fresh. I finished with my surgical work in late 2014 and then was working as an insurance nurse till 2018 in Sydney. That being said, I'd love to get back to surgery. 

Can anyone share tips and experience with job hunting in Melbourne? 

Thank you all ❤️


31/5 - 26/7/2018 - Monash University bridging program for internationally qualified nurses, 5/8/2018 - APHRA registration, 12/9/2018 - ANMAC modified skill assessment, 18/2/2019 - PTE Academic overal score 88 (R 83, L 90, W 81, S 90), 21/2/2019 - EOI for 189 and for 190 visa (NSW, VIC) lodged, 25/2/2019 - VIC 190 state nomination pre-invitation received (65+5 points, Registered Nurse (surgical) ANZSCO 254424), 03/04/2019 invitation received after submitting comittment letter to VIC government, 30/05/2019 application for VIC 190 submitted 25/11/2019 VISA GRANTED!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/12/2019 at 02:01, Martina said:

Hi fellow nurses, 

I'm moving to Melbourne in January and have a few questions about jobs. I've already started with seek, indeed, hospitals careers and sending my CV where relevant. 

I'm surgical RN and was wondering how big are my chances in securing a job? I'm not from an English speaking country and my experience is not particularly fresh. I finished with my surgical work in late 2014 and then was working as an insurance nurse till 2018 in Sydney. That being said, I'd love to get back to surgery. 

Can anyone share tips and experience with job hunting in Melbourne? 

Thank you all ❤️

Do you have a preference where you want to live?

Do you want to live near work?

I'm willing to help with searching around directly with hospitals that satisfy your criteria from your message and my two questions.

 

I'm not an agent... I got my job whilst in the UK and I figured I could have done a few things slightly differently


Melbourne... ahhhhhh😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

@SWMOY04  how’s life in Melbs? 😎

It's significantly better than the UK for me! Though naturally on occassion one does find some things they miss from "Back Home" ☹️

  • Like 2

Melbourne... ahhhhhh😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SWMOY04 said:

It's significantly better than the UK for me! Though naturally on occassion one does find some things they miss from "Back Home" ☹️

Glad you are settling in. It has a lot going for it and if it is suiting you better then that’s fab. Long may it continue! 
Curse of the expat, always missing something from somewhere else! 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/02/2020 at 19:25, Amber Snowball said:


Curse of the expat, always missing something from somewhere else! 😁

Too true 😂😂

  • Haha 1

Melbourne... ahhhhhh😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SWMOY04 said:

Too true 😂😂

How is your family settling into life here @SWMOY04

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Toots said:

How is your family settling into life here @SWMOY04

 

 

 

I think they are doing ok. They have their moments too when they miss something in particular about the UK. 

A "holiday" trip back may be on the books, but for now we are doing ok with SKYPE and FaceTime calls for loved ones. 

  • Like 2

Melbourne... ahhhhhh😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×