and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest JoanneHattersley

NURSES - Moving to Australia

1 hour ago, ali said:

Perhaps you need to speak directly with AHPRA

Yeah, am gonna do that... with it being the weekend (at the time I wrote the question), I  had figured the great minds at PIO would possibly know an answer... ?...

Ill just make plans on the basis of presenting in person within 3 months.

thanks all

Melbourne... ahhhhhh😊

Had an interview last week on Skype... absolutely no clue how it went... it felt positive, but the interviewers have the best poker faces I've ever come across.. now the nervous wait...they said they'd let me know after they get references back.. Is that normal? I mean, I'm so used to hearing "you got the job, now we will do some compliance" (which includes references...) So I'm wondering what gives

Melbourne... ahhhhhh😊

51 minutes ago, SWMOY04 said:

Had an interview last week on Skype... absolutely no clue how it went... it felt positive, but the interviewers have the best poker faces I've ever come across.. now the nervous wait...they said they'd let me know after they get references back.. Is that normal? I mean, I'm so used to hearing "you got the job, now we will do some compliance" (which includes references...) So I'm wondering what gives

That is very normal. I only followed up the references for my preferred candidate, so if they do follow up that should indicate good things. Some places follow up for a few good candidates to help their final decision. But well done, sounds really promising!

I have a friend who wants to apply for a 189. She will have 65 points and looking to move to WA. Am I right in thinking that she needs to get 70 points to even get through the EoI at the moment? She is a nurse and has been working in Oz whilst on her WHV, therefore registered with APHRA. AMNAC being processed. She's actually a week off gaining an extra 5 points for experience as I believe she has 2 years 11 months and 3 weeks experience!

Edited by benj1980

AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.

@benj1980 I originally put an EOI in with 65 points for a 189. It would take forever with 65 points to be selected. 70 points and I think you would get snapped up within months. I decided to apply for a 190 state sponsored and was invited with 65+5 for state sponsorship. Not sure about WA as they have a lot of criteria around state sponsorship such as type of nurse and years of experience. States offer 489 visa's and 190 visa's to a select few. She should talk to an agent and see what they recommend.

Edited by Jenki75
to add recipient
  • Like 1

29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Applied 08/09/2018, State Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.  CO Contact for form 47a for migrating adult child, and non-migrating non-dependent adult children  9th April, 2019.    Grant 4th June 2019!!!!