457 visa how long are they taking?

Guest Kteam

Guest Kteam

Hi all,

I have submitted my 457sk via an agent in Aus, I have had my x-rays do I need to get a police check done or is this done for me?

My application has now been in for 2 weeks any one have any idea how long they are taking. The agent in Aus are not on the game and are very hard to deal with, I am being sponsored my a company in Australia and the position has been approved.

Any info on time scales would be a great help as i am planning to and hoping to leave the UK in about 3 weeks!

Hi,

We are going down the 457 route. Our agent said they are taking 8-12 weeks at the moment. Cant help with the police check info as we have not kicked off our application as yet.

Emx

Guest Kteam

I will let you know if I find out anymore info, good luck with your application. where are you planning to go to in Australia?

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Kteam

Please see here:

http://www.police.uk/forces/forceslist.asp

The police won't process an application for a police check made by anyone except the person concerned, so you have to do this yourself.

You need to do it pronto, as well, because the UK Police are allowed to take up to 40 days to produce the police check.

You may be able to download the form for the relevant police force (the one which is relevant is the one where you currently live.) Go into the relevant website and look for Freedom of Information, Data Protection and Subject Access, in that order.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Kteam

Hi EM&M

we are moving to Melbourne, I have a job to go to and we move in 2 weeks so getting very excited and nervous at the same time. It's getting hard saying goodbye to everyone but we know it is the right move.

Hope all goes well with you, if you need any advice I will be glad to let you know what happens when we arrive and any issues we come across.

regards

Kteam

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi there

Which DIAC centre is you 457 being processed. The Perth one has a skills shortage (ironic - they are 5 people short to keep on top of things) and they are taking a long time to process at the moment. Ask your agent if they have contacted the business centre to see how they are going.

You will need a chest x-ray (at least) and I would be having that done as soon as possible. Make sure you provide the TRN so that it is allocated correctly at the Local Clearance Unit in Sydney

Regards

Archived