Guest proud2beaussie

Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way

Guest proud2beaussie

Am I the only one who finds this sort of stuff being passed off as "Entertainment" extremely insulting? or do I need to get a life.

TOMORROW night Adelaide girl Zoe Irons will flash her underwear, drink herself to oblivion and vomit into a bucket on national television - and mum couldn't be prouder.

The first episode shows the former Adelaide Hills resident binge drinking, belching, kissing another ladette and wrestling with two men in not much more than a zebra print bra.

SEE PROMO

The 20 year old former checkout operator is South Australia's only entry on Channel 9's new reality game show Aussie Ladette to Lady, which aims to turn "ladettes" - unruly, uncouth, heavy-drinking girls - into civilised "ladies" through a deportment boot camp in England.

In another scene she is shown vomiting into a bucket after a drinking session while two young men look on.

But mother Pamela Helps, who encouraged Irons to apply for the show, says she's still proud of her daughter.

"There will be things shown on there that I'll probably cringe over, but I'm very proud of Zoe," she said.

"I know that she will get there one day, and this was just another step along the way. I hope it shows the good side of her on the show. I know they'll be showing all the negative things, but I do think people will warm to her because she is a character people really like."

On the show Irons, a former Heathfield High student, is described as "a professional drinker" and "going nowhere fast".

"The only thing that Zoe will allow between her and a bottle is a man - any man," the show's narrator says in the first episode.

"I'm sort of worried that maybe my grandparents will see it, and my mum," Irons said.

"But in the end that was me at the time, and I think my family knows what they're in for."

Now living in Cairns with family, Irons puts her former bad behaviour down to simple geography.

"Adelaide's probably one of the worst places for binge drinking," she said.

"Everyone's a partygoer down there. I think it's the atmosphere and not having so many sporty things to do, cos it's so cold, everyone just sits in with the fire and drinks their beer."

The ladette says she has changed her ways since leaving the show and is currently looking for work in retail and hoping to take a TAFE course in film production.

"I have more lady qualities and I'm more refined now," Irons said.

"I'm not drinking all the time, and not partying as much. I've learned that you don't have to drink to have a good time."

Ms Helps said the change in her daughter's behaviour was noticeable since being on the show.

"Since she's gotten back I've noticed she's completely motivated to change," she said.

"She's seen the other side and realises she's been wasting a lot of time, and that there's more to life than just partying, I guess. It's opened her eyes so much."

But while Irons may have emerged from the show more of a "lady", the same can't be said for fellow ladette Kristyn Ashley, from Western Australia, who has posted lurid photos of herself on Facebook just months after returning from England.

Photos of the 21-year-old taken during the Ladette trip that are easily accessible on her public Facebook site show her posing topless in a phone box and vomiting in a city street.

Aussie Ladette to Lady premieres tomorrow night at 9.30pm on Channel 9.

Sorry,I just find it a load of bulls**t.

Am I the only one who finds this sort of stuff being passed off as "Entertainment" extremely insulting? or do I need to get a life.

TOMORROW night Adelaide girl Zoe Irons will flash her underwear, drink herself to oblivion and vomit into a bucket on national television - and mum couldn't be prouder.

The first episode shows the former Adelaide Hills resident binge drinking, belching, kissing another ladette and wrestling with two men in not much more than a zebra print bra.

SEE PROMO

The 20 year old former checkout operator is South Australia's only entry on Channel 9's new reality game show Aussie Ladette to Lady, which aims to turn "ladettes" - unruly, uncouth, heavy-drinking girls - into civilised "ladies" through a deportment boot camp in England.

In another scene she is shown vomiting into a bucket after a drinking session while two young men look on.

But mother Pamela Helps, who encouraged Irons to apply for the show, says she's still proud of her daughter.

"There will be things shown on there that I'll probably cringe over, but I'm very proud of Zoe," she said.

"I know that she will get there one day, and this was just another step along the way. I hope it shows the good side of her on the show. I know they'll be showing all the negative things, but I do think people will warm to her because she is a character people really like."

On the show Irons, a former Heathfield High student, is described as "a professional drinker" and "going nowhere fast".

"The only thing that Zoe will allow between her and a bottle is a man - any man," the show's narrator says in the first episode.

"I'm sort of worried that maybe my grandparents will see it, and my mum," Irons said.

"But in the end that was me at the time, and I think my family knows what they're in for."

Now living in Cairns with family, Irons puts her former bad behaviour down to simple geography.

"Adelaide's probably one of the worst places for binge drinking," she said.

"Everyone's a partygoer down there. I think it's the atmosphere and not having so many sporty things to do, cos it's so cold, everyone just sits in with the fire and drinks their beer."

The ladette says she has changed her ways since leaving the show and is currently looking for work in retail and hoping to take a TAFE course in film production.

"I have more lady qualities and I'm more refined now," Irons said.

"I'm not drinking all the time, and not partying as much. I've learned that you don't have to drink to have a good time."

Ms Helps said the change in her daughter's behaviour was noticeable since being on the show.

"Since she's gotten back I've noticed she's completely motivated to change," she said.

"She's seen the other side and realises she's been wasting a lot of time, and that there's more to life than just partying, I guess. It's opened her eyes so much."

But while Irons may have emerged from the show more of a "lady", the same can't be said for fellow ladette Kristyn Ashley, from Western Australia, who has posted lurid photos of herself on Facebook just months after returning from England.

Photos of the 21-year-old taken during the Ladette trip that are easily accessible on her public Facebook site show her posing topless in a phone box and vomiting in a city street.

Aussie Ladette to Lady premieres tomorrow night at 9.30pm on Channel 9.

Sorry,I just find it a load of bulls**t.

Your not Odd Nigel I'm on the same wave as you

Wait till you get hear mate we ahve the same sort of people and TV. These sort of people is what I don't like about this country but I'm most have em.

Happy people make dreams come true, miserble people just moan.

And to think this is what we pay our tv license for!!! Or subscriptions to sky etc........

Oz is Beautiful, but the uk is home :wubclub:

Returned to Bournemouth 20th August 2010

nigel, totally agree with you .... all you can say is how sad!! wait untill you get here , its the same stuff just diff location... its usually the american tv thats better, they remember to make good shows in between all the naff talk shows !

to much partying to much booze gives you spots and makes you snooze!

sharon.

Let us just say that I wont be bothering switching to that channel! I'm with you Nigel!

Guest proud2beaussie

I just can't understand why a mother would be proud that her daughter will be on tv prancing around in her bra and vomiting everywhere,maybe she is proud of the changes in her daughter since the program was filmed and I am very happy that the young girl is apparently trying to improve her life by doing a tafe course etc,that's very positive,but prancing around in your underwear and drinking too much reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith-and look what happened to her,I know you can't compare the two but I just don't want to watch this sort of junk,but then ,I guess nobody is forcing me to watch it-and I won't be.