Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrT1960

Postgraduate (574) Visa and Dependents

Recommended Posts

Guest MrT1960

Hi All,


i am just about to put an application in for a postgraduate student visa in australia and i wondered if i have to declare my two children 6 and 3 (from a previous relationship and we were never married). I haven't seen them for a while and they will not be coming with me, and they will not be visiting either.


i have read through the documentation and it seems quite confusing:


"All members of your family unit must be declared on your

application whether or not they intend to travel to Australia at

any time. A member who is not declared will not be eligible for

entry to Australia as your family unit member, except for a person



who becomes a member after your application was decided"


I don't want to put the wrong thing on the visa and for it come back and bite me, but i also don't want my visa declined because of this.


Does anyone have any suggestions or had any experience about this? any help would be greatly appreciated.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this