Help me! Packers coming on Thursday...

LKC

... and I don't know where to start!:arghh: The house is a tip, we have no phone line (relying on mobile phone for internet etc), have two grumpy teething children and I have no idea of what I am supposed to do about the packing etc. So far I have sorted all of the cupboards etc out, I have started to pack the suitcases and our air-freight boxes but I don't really know what to do about the rest of our things. Can I just leave them in a big pile and let the packers sort them out in to boxes etc? We sold most of our furniture, so I have nothing to store things on or in so the house is a mess. I just have some boxes/crates etc with books and the ornaments are in the kitchen. Do I just leave it and direct them where to pack or do I have to put things together? I can't think straight and can't see the wood for the trees if you know what I mean.

Please help me!

... and I don't know where to start!:arghh: The house is a tip, we have no phone line (relying on mobile phone for internet etc), have two grumpy teething children and I have no idea of what I am supposed to do about the packing etc. So far I have sorted all of the cupboards etc out, I have started to pack the suitcases and our air-freight boxes but I don't really know what to do about the rest of our things. Can I just leave them in a big pile and let the packers sort them out in to boxes etc? We sold most of our furniture, so I have nothing to store things on or in so the house is a mess. I just have some boxes/crates etc with books and the ornaments are in the kitchen. Do I just leave it and direct them where to pack or do I have to put things together? I can't think straight and can't see the wood for the trees if you know what I mean.

Please help me!

IF YOU HAVE PAID FOR THEM TO PACK ..THEN LET THEM DO JUST THAT LOL .....I HAVE GROUPED EVERYTHING TOGETHER IE ...KITCHEN STUFF ....BEDROOM STUFF ETC .....HAVE JUST LAID IT ALL OUT ...AND THEY DO THE REST ....IF YOU ATTEMPT TO WRAP/PACK ANYTHING ...THEY WILL PROBABLY REDO IT THEMSELVES ANYWAY ...AS THEY HAVE TO PUT A NOTE ON BOX /CARTON TO SAY WHAT IT CONTAINS .....SO CHILL AND HAVE A WEE GLASS OF WINE ...YOU WILL BE FINE :jiggy:MRS KEILY

Guest dinky-do

Please help me!

oh no... i can so understand the feeling.. esp with the wee ones!!!

try and take it easy.. let the packers do their job... just group them into piles so its easier for you when it gets to the other side. dont worry :hug:

Guest mackemsok

Please help me!

Take a deep breath honey........

The packers do a great job - they work wonders. Just leave everything to them, they do this day in day out and know exactly what to do.

My problem was that we sent the furniture out weeks before we go so had to work out what was staying and what was going.

By the end i wanted to kiss them for dealing with it so well

Good luck take care:hug:

I have put the books from the bookcases we sold in cheapy cardboard boxes so they are all together, the ornaments/vases etc are in one cupboard, and the toys are spread all over! I have almost finished packing the suitcases/hand luggage, and I have got all of the things that are going in the air-freight boxes together and ready to go in. It just looks chaotic I think, because there are toys, boxes of things for the charity shop and washing all over. I have had to wash some extra things because our eldest decided to take her nappy off and wee on her bed so there are sheets, her duvet and blankets etc drying.

I am going to send the kids out tomorrow with their dad. In the morning to the tip to take the last few bits and bobs, and then in the afternoon to take the keys to the estate agents. Should give me a few clear hours to get sorted. They are both teething at the mo, so they are challenging to say the least! Our eldest has her back doubles coming through (the last ones) and our youngest got her first two teeth last week.

I guess in about two weeks time I'll be wondering what all the worry was about! However, between now and then I have the flight!

Guest snow white

you sound pretty organised to me, god we had a nightmare panicking the container was not going to be big enough to fit everything in there just seems so much when you look at it all over the place like everyone says try to relax they will come and box and sort everything in no time at all and believe me yes in 2 weeks time you will wonder what all the worry was for

all the best

lesley x

Guest snow white
We are with Crown Relocations.

you will be fine with them ive heard nothing but great posts on their service

stop worrying put ya feet up

lesley x

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Good luck. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end. You'll soon be in the sun and wondering what all the fuss was about (lucky things)

Sarah x

Archived