Schools in Baldivis

Guest mackemsok

Guest mackemsok

Hi there

We are looking at different area's for when we move out in March. Can anyone tell me if there are good secondary schools in Baldivis?

Your help is appreciated

Sharon:hug:

Guest tony&dee
Hi there

We are looking at different area's for when we move out in March. Can anyone tell me if there are good secondary schools in Baldivis?

Your help is appreciated

Hi we were out on a reccie in November and visited friends in Baldivis and Secret Harbour, both friends said Comet Bay High school had excellent results and parents had suggested it to them, sometimes word of mouth is better when picking schools. Good Luck.:confused:

Hi there

Your help is appreciated

We live in Baldivis and our youngest son goes to Comet Bay.Now that they have a new headmaster and teachers it seems to have improved.Otherwise there is Safety Bay high school or Warnbro.Tranby College seems to have a good reputaion if you want to go private.Hope that this helps.

• 2 months later...
Guest womble fan 1970

Hope this is not too late but only just found this site in the mist of the bush fire drama.

I have lived in Rockingham/Warnbro now in Baldivis since 1989.

10 years ago, I would have sent my children to Warnbro high, & or safety bay.

However, I hope this is not taken the wrong way by anyone reading this post as no offense is intended.

In my opinion, some very unsavoury families have moved into the area in recent times & the schools now have poor at best, reputations.

We are hearing stories of teacher abuse & 13 year old selling drugs & carrying knives.

I have friends who have children at comet bay & they are looking at moving their children.

They have had bad experiences but that is just their story.

I used to live in warnbro pre children & wouldn't send my kids to that school if it was the last school standing on the planet.

I've heard dreadfull reports.

It's deffinately worth looking at private if your budget can manage it.

Mine were at Tranby Collage prior to our moving to karratha for 2 years But they will be returning to tranby when we return to Baldivis later this year.

The school is fabulous, the families your children mix with are great. I found the teatchering staff & schools heads exellent & the quality of eduction outstanding. This is only my story. It's important to listen to others but not get swayed. visit some schools when you get here & make an informed decission for yourselves. if you don't get it right the first time you can always try another school.

The others I would reccomend would be living waters in Warnbro, my nieces go there & my sister in law raves about it. It's also one of the more reasonably priced private schools in the area.

A new private school opened in kwinana 2007. Can't believe I've forgot the name of it.

It's run by a board of management as well as a head master & has some very influential people on the board who work for Alchoa.

I have friends who can't speak highly enough of the school.

Sorry if i come across as a public school hater but I am, however, this is only in the rockingham baldivis area.

Hope this helps

Hope this is not too late but only just found this site in the mist of the bush fire drama.

I have lived in Rockingham/Warnbro now in Baldivis since 1989.

10 years ago, I would have sent my children to Warnbro high, & or safety bay.

However, I hope this is not taken the wrong way by anyone reading this post as no offense is intended.

In my opinion, some very unsavoury families have moved into the area in recent times & the schools now have poor at best, reputations.

We are hearing stories of teacher abuse & 13 year old selling drugs & carrying knives.

I have friends who have children at comet bay & they are looking at moving their children.

They have had bad experiences but that is just their story.

I used to live in warnbro pre children & wouldn't send my kids to that school if it was the last school standing on the planet.

I've heard dreadfull reports.

It's deffinately worth looking at private if your budget can manage it.

Mine were at Tranby Collage prior to our moving to karratha for 2 years But they will be returning to tranby when we return to Baldivis later this year.

The school is fabulous, the families your children mix with are great. I found the teatchering staff & schools heads exellent & the quality of eduction outstanding. This is only my story. It's important to listen to others but not get swayed. visit some schools when you get here & make an informed decission for yourselves. if you don't get it right the first time you can always try another school.

The others I would reccomend would be living waters in Warnbro, my nieces go there & my sister in law raves about it. It's also one of the more reasonably priced private schools in the area.

A new private school opened in kwinana 2007. Can't believe I've forgot the name of it.

It's run by a board of management as well as a head master & has some very influential people on the board who work for Alchoa.

I have friends who can't speak highly enough of the school.

Sorry if i come across as a public school hater but I am, however, this is only in the rockingham baldivis area.

Hope this helps

Well I work at Warnbro and my daughter goes there, a lot of staff there have kids who attend the school - I would say speak to people who actually have kids there and make your own mind up.

Guest womble fan 1970

Obviously you willfully misread the part where I said no offense meant!!

You have obviously taken my well meaning comments personally so I appologise. especially given that the post was not even meant for you. Maybe I should sent private messages in future!!

You get bad eggs in every school & I had no intention of generalising. However, I lived on Warnbro sound Ave for 11 years & went to the warnbro Libruary until I got abused several times by unruly high school students being vulgar.

The high school kids I had contact with were very rude, obnoxious, makeup waring, & foul mouthed louts with no respect. Some of these negative behaviours were in front of teachers who turned a blind eye.

Myself & my neighbours on warnbro sound Ave had so many issues when school came out with high school louts trashing our gardens on their way home. They were abusive & showed a total lack of respect. I contacted the school on many occasions to complain but no one gave a dam!

You'll have to excuse my opinions. However, whether you like them or not, they are based on facts not fiction!!!!!!!!!!

Any school that allows it's students to behave in this manner, ware make & micro mini skirts & jeans with no real uniform is no school for my children. it's the lack of disapline & respect that has society in the mess it's in today.

I'm entitled to my opinion & if your children are some of the few who do not fit the above description then you have no need to be ofened my my observations.

I went to a school in the Uk which was a public school & we always looked smart & uniforms were strict & make up a no no. Disapline was a fact of life & respect was drummed into us on a daily basis. My husband went to safety bay high school in the 80's & he said he wouldn't send our kids to the public schools these days.

Sorry if my old fashioned values upset your delicate sensibilities. It was not my intention.

Others reading this, as per my first post, please make your own mind up.

Obviously you willfully misread the part where I said no offense meant!!

You have obviously taken my well meaning comments personally so I appologise. especially given that the post was not even meant for you. Maybe I should sent private messages in future!!

You get bad eggs in every school & I had no intention of generalising. However, I lived on Warnbro sound Ave for 11 years & went to the warnbro Libruary until I got abused several times by unruly high school students being vulgar.

The high school kids I had contact with were very rude, obnoxious, makeup waring, & foul mouthed louts with no respect. Some of these negative behaviours were in front of teachers who turned a blind eye.

Myself & my neighbours on warnbro sound Ave had so many issues when school came out with high school louts trashing our gardens on their way home. They were abusive & showed a total lack of respect. I contacted the school on many occasions to complain but no one gave a dam!

You'll have to excuse my opinions. However, whether you like them or not, they are based on facts not fiction!!!!!!!!!!

Any school that allows it's students to behave in this manner, ware make & micro mini skirts & jeans with no real uniform is no school for my children. it's the lack of disapline & respect that has society in the mess it's in today.

I'm entitled to my opinion & if your children are some of the few who do not fit the above description then you have no need to be ofened my my observations.

I went to a school in the Uk which was a public school & we always looked smart & uniforms were strict & make up a no no. Disapline was a fact of life & respect was drummed into us on a daily basis. My husband went to safety bay high school in the 80's & he said he wouldn't send our kids to the public schools these days.

Sorry if my old fashioned values upset your delicate sensibilities. It was not my intention.

Others reading this, as per my first post, please make your own mind up.

No delicate sensibilities here mate, most of the kids who go to the school are great kids, like you said a few bad eggs (every school has them)- I`ve heard bad reports about every school in the area (including some private ones) but I have friends with kids at those schools and they are all more than happy - I always advise people to speak to those who have kids at a particular school and make their own mind up. I think you have wilfully misread my post, at no point did I say I was offended - you are entitled to your opinion - as am I. The school has improved greatly in the last few years (the opening of Comet Bay meant our numbers went down - it covered a huge catchment area previously), the staff are brilliant and the school now has a firm uniform policy which is being heavily cracked down on, I can only comment on my findings as someone who has a child at the school (and no she doesn`t wear micro skirts, or make up, nor do any of her friends) and also as someone who works at the school and see`s every day just how much hard work teachers, staff and pupils put in to change the schools image.

Guest womble fan 1970

Ok, Point taken.

I value your comments & have to admit it has been five years since I lived on Warnbro sound Ave so things may have changed without my knowledge. I'm happy to take your word for it at this stage.

credit where credit is due, if things have been improving them I'm more than please to hear it & value your comments.

It's nice to hear of teachers who are committed to making possitive changes & enforcing positive changes in the public schools.

Kids in our schools today are in despirate need of guildence as most don't get it from home. Teachers who are not afraid of the difficult to manage students are too few.

All students who are Approached in the right manner, even the most disrupive students can be reached & helped.

I have worked in disability services for years working with adults & adolecents with challenging behaviours. I never put anyone in the too hard basket & every person was treated as an individual & intervention programs developed & implemented on a individual needs basis. Something teachers need to adopt or refer students on to the appropriate generic service.

I will now reserve my judgement on Warnbro high school until I have more updated information & facts to draw from to make an informed decission for myself. I will also ignore my 14 & 16 year old nieces who attend Living waters & their comments on the behaviour & morals of the Warnbro High school students.

Thanks

Ok, Point taken.

I value your comments & have to admit it has been five years since I lived on Warnbro sound Ave so things may have changed without my knowledge. I'm happy to take your word for it at this stage.

credit where credit is due, if things have been improving them I'm more than please to hear it & value your comments.

It's nice to hear of teachers who are committed to making possitive changes & enforcing positive changes in the public schools.

Kids in our schools today are in despirate need of guildence as most don't get it from home. Teachers who are not afraid of the difficult to manage students are too few.

All students who are Approached in the right manner, even the most disrupive students can be reached & helped.

I have worked in disability services for years working with adults & adolecents with challenging behaviours. I never put anyone in the too hard basket & every person was treated as an individual & intervention programs developed & implemented on a individual needs basis. Something teachers need to adopt or refer students on to the appropriate generic service.

I will now reserve my judgement on Warnbro high school until I have more updated information & facts to draw from to make an informed decission for myself. I will also ignore my 14 & 16 year old nieces who attend Living waters & their comments on the behaviour & morals of the Warnbro High school students.

Thanks

You know what I`ve re-typed this reply several times and I just keep coming across as cynical and sarcastic in every one so all I will say is you are entitled to your opinion and I am entled to mine. Life is too short to worry about a strangers opinion on a website - the only thing that affects me is how well my daughter is doing at school and if she is happy - the answer to that is she is getting mid 90% in her tests, she is very happy and settled and she has a good group of very nice friends - ultimately that is all I can base my opinion on.

• 4 years later...

Tranby College has a long waiting list for all Years and is a private school. Baldivis Secondary College is not taking on entrants Year 10 and above for 2014, so the only schools available are for primary "Makybe Primary" and "Baldivis Primary" and "Settlers Hills" but even then you still have to be in their catchment area to qualify.

Although this thread is 4 years old, can anyone give some updated information on the schools in this area.

I am moving to Perth in september and i intend on settling in either Baldivis or Atwell.

I have a 5 year old Daughter and a 3 year old Son and obviously will be looking into the schooling once there.

With reference to my Daughter, if she attends a public school at the age of 5, will we have to pay any fees? Or is it free schooling?

Does anyone have any recommendations for schools within these areas?

I know that this subject is mainly of a personal opinion, but getting peoples knowledge of the actual schools etc is far better than reading the information from websites etc.

Thanks

• 10 months later...

Tranby has a HUGE bullying problem !

The school hides behind policy after policy and their much talked about peer conflict resolution. The reality is that nothing gets done. They allow children at this school that other schools have excluded because of poor behaviour. As long as you pay they will take you in.

Plenty of other schools out there to choose from. Don't be blind sighted by the shinny new facilities and time share selling worthy staff talks !

• 4 years later...

Hi all

I see this thread is old but was having a read as I am faced with the dilemma of choosing a school in the baldivis area as will be relocating there soon. I have 2 primary school aged kids but am more concerned about high school as they will be heading to high in 2 years.

Thanks

My daughter attended Tranby College, although about $9000 per year was fantastic! She is now at University and she loved Tranby College. My son attends Year 7 at Baldivis Secondary College which is govt funded and not that great in my opinion. The kids are great and modern facilities, but the school itself, poor communication and processes.  I have not been too impressed so far as am considering transferring my son to Tranby College.  Comet Bay and Safety Bay College reputation not so great, is quite far from Baldivis unless you want to live in Secret Harbour. My daughter’s friend moved to Tranby College after being bullied at Comet Bay.  

Settlers Primary School is well established with good reputation for on discussions with other parents.  Makybe was not great in my opinion, as my son also attended there.

Baldivis is a nice place to live with excellent amenities, lots of families and real community feel and friendly people.

But to answer your question, if you want a top notch high school, Tranby College is worth the price and has a high reputation. There are also other new high schools opening in 2019...

Archived