At Least 14 Dead In Victorian Bushfires

Guest proud2beaussie

Oh Nigel.

Don't know what to say, words are no use in these situations. Just want you to know I'm praying for you and your client. It's a living nightmare. I can't think about anything else at the moment but what some have gone through and others are still facing. Nothing else seems important right now,

:hug: Deb

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In shock,have just found out that an acquaintance (Business Client) has lost his son,daughter in law and three grandchildren in the fires.

I don't know what to say,I'm speechless,and distraught,even though he wasn't a close friend.

Horrific Nigel so sorry to hear that news, poor folk and those dear children, it really hits home very hard when someone you know is involved.

In shock,have just found out that an acquaintance (Business Client) has lost his son,daughter in law and three grandchildren in the fires.

I don't know what to say,I'm speechless,and distraught,even though he wasn't a close friend.

I don't know what to write....just wanted to reach out.

Love and thoughts to everyone affected by these terrible days,

Caroline.

Guest proud2beaussie

Thanks everybody for your kind words,the most distressing thing for me is that his kids were only 3,5,and 8 years old. Tragic.

Here's the latest from www.ninemsn.com

Arson has been ruled out as the cause of the Kinglake fire, one of the deadliest of the bushfires which has devastated Victoria.

More than 100 people died in the fires that burnt through Kilmore, Humevale, Taggerty and Wandong and surrounds on Saturday.

Police have also ruled out arson in three other blazes - Bendigo-Maiden Gully, Redesdale and Mudgeegonga.

The cause of the Marysville, Narbethong and Murrindindi Mill fire is still being investigated, but police say the 40,000 hectare Churchill fire in the Gippsland, where 21 people died, is suspicious.

Despite earlier saying a photofit of a suspect in the Churchill fire may be released soon, Assistant Commissioner Dannye Moloney said on Wednesday no image would be released at this stage and no arrest was imminent.

"Is there an arrest imminent? No," Mr Moloney, who leads 100 police on taskforce Phoenix to investigate all fire-related deaths from the bushfires, told reporters.

"Are we progressing the investigation in a positive manner? Yes.

"We are identifying individuals that might have the opportunity or otherwise or the motivation to start such a fire."

Mr Moloney refused to discuss the number of suspects police were looking for.

"As you can appreciate we must be very responsible in regard to releasing information like that," Mr Moloney said.

"I think if we establish the person is not involved now ... it could cause a major issue in regard to their safety."

Mr Moloney said there was a considerable amount of misinformation regarding the fires, including the rumoured discovery of a large number of people in one location.

"Misinformation could hamper the investigation, and while we understand people are trying to help when they give information to the media, it can cause confusion and lead to the potential for vigilante incidents on innocent people."

Police are also investigating reports of two arsonists lighting fires near the township of Stanley in Victoria's north, not far from the Beechworth firefront.

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Christine Nixon on Wednesday confirmed that police were investigating reports of two small deliberately-lit fires which were quickly extinguished.

"We did have some information and we are investigating that," Ms Nixon told reporters.

The prospect that arson had caused some of the bushfires that have killed at least 181 people across a swath of Victoria has caused anger.

Victorian Premier John Brumby said words escaped him when describing those responsible for deliberately lighting fires.

"All we can now do, with a police team in place, is to detect those who are responsible, to charge them and to let justice run its course."

Mr Brumby urged anyone who saw suspicious behaviour to notify police immediately

Nigel although we are not acquainted I think we all feel your pain and sorrow on the loss of your friends family it is a most horrific time for Victoria and I think everyone I speak to has some connection with someone they know who has lost close friends or family in this ordeal. I have just been chatting to a friend in Victoria, a few days ago they were 1km away from the fire now they are 10 km but still on lock down and ready to flee at any time, she tells me so far she has lost 6 friends to the fire what can you say?

Guest proud2beaussie
Nigel although we are not acquainted I think we all feel your pain and sorrow on the loss of your friends family it is a most horrific time for Victoria and I think everyone I speak to has some connection with someone they know who has lost close friends or family in this ordeal. I have just been chatting to a friend in Victoria, a few days ago they were 1km away from the fire now they are 10 km but still on lock down and ready to flee at any time, she tells me so far she has lost 6 friends to the fire what can you say?

Yes Lyn,

This is the most tragic disaster that has befallen victoria,and it is going to take a long time to recover from it,I hope your friend takes care and stays safe.

Thanks for the kind words.

Nigel

To raise over a million dollars, between a few Aussie muscians

in the space of thirty minutes on national tv

It really makes you feel special amid the tears, to be part of this country and the spirit that defines it

Australians unite.....doesn't even begin to cover the pride I feel in my countrys people

Nigel I know you have been indirectly affected by the fires and for that I am sorry but I do find it quite offensive the way you are exploiting this tragedy. If people want to read about it there are various news websites they can visit.

Guest proud2beaussie

Well I am sorry you feel that way but this is a national tragedy and I am simply keeping people updated with what is happening,if you don't like the posts,don't read them.

Well I am sorry you feel that way but this is a national tragedy and I am simply keeping people updated with what is happening,if you don't like the posts,don't read them.

Fair enough but you are not just keeping people updated, you are scouring through trying to find tragic little tidbits that will pull at the heartstrings of people reading, thus exploiting the victims.

smc-01

I don't know you, as I don't know lynmcd, or nigelinoz,

I can tell you one thing - as "future" and migrants to MY country I can honestly tell you the updates

and tidbits gladden my heart,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing wrong with posting stuff people can't be bothered googling

Good on you - saves me trawling

smc-01

I don't know you, as I don't know lynmcd, or nigelinoz,

I can tell you one thing - as "future" and migrants to MY country I can honestly tell you the updates

and tidbits gladden my heart,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing wrong with posting stuff people can't be bothered googling

Good on you - saves me trawling

I am not a future migrant to YOUR country, I am a citizen. I was born and bred 20 minutes from the fires, and have three family members still missing in Kinglake.

You don't need to google to find anything out, I don't see why it's any harder to go to news.com.au, heraldsun.com.au or theage.com.au than it is to go to pomsinoz.

Guest proud2beaussie

I think that smc01 is genuinely offended by the links and stories I have posted,but that was never my intention and I find the accusation that I am exploiting the situation very cruel,I have a personal link to these fires as my biggest client lost five members of his family through the actions of a firebug and I feel it is my duty to keep people informed about what is happening with the hunt for those responsible,however it is just as easy for me to post a link to a story rather than the content itself,so if smc01 is offended by the stories then they do not have to look at them but I will still be keeping my countrymen updated.

smc01

I don't for a minute apologise for my comment I mean't every word

I do offer to you the tears and the time I spent in front of every news broadcast since Saturday

being fellow Australians - it's pretty much what the unaffected have done

one last thing...don't have a hug icon to send, so I'm sending a virtual 'hope all your news is good'

Guest proud2beaussie

Forget it Earls,I think that on second thought smc01 has a point and I have decided to post just links in future so everybody wins.I'm happy to compromise for the good of PiO.

Guest earlswood
Forget it Earls,I think that on second thought smc01 has a point and I have decided to post just links in future so everybody wins.I'm happy to compromise for the good of PiO.

I posted a reply that said I agreed with you having a right to post what you like and people do not have to read it if they do not want to but it was removed....I agree with free speech and should not have argued against it.

Archived