Thoughts and Prayers Tonight

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest sanders family

We have just heard today in the uk that they are saying 130 people have died. I cant believe that it could be mindless people that have started this terrible fire. Our thoughts and prayers go to everyone who have lost love ones, who are waiting to hear from love ones and the poor people who have lost everything and the firefighter, volunters and their families. Lets hope this horrendous situation will improve soon. Send love and hugs to everyone, Take care and be safe:hug:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheArmChairDetective
Hi TACD

Just got home now after picking up a family from the airport and dropping them off in the Dandenongs, just drove through Emerald at 1.55am our time and no problems at all there.

For those like me, with family in the area I have an update to M2M's post from my niece who literally lives "in the bush" in Emerald. she says that they at the moment. Although they are reporting grass fires in Gembrook so my niece is packing up the car etc tonight (as I write this) just in case, if the wind changes, it's Cockatoo and then Emerald.

The poor people at Kinglake didn't even know they were going to be hit so my niece has hardly slept listening out for the sirens etc.

My Nephew is a V-Double Trucker and is driving to Sydney at this time and says the animal carcase's on the side of the road is heartbreaking.

As I receive further updates I will post them but at least I know things are relatively ok at the moment east of Berwick.

Guest The Pom Queen
For those like me, with family in the area I have an update to M2M's post from my niece who literally lives "in the bush" in Emerald. she says that they at the moment. Although they are reporting grass fires in Gembrook so my niece is packing up the car etc tonight (as I write this) just in case, if the wind changes, it's Cockatoo and then Emerald.

The poor people at Kinglake didn't even know they were going to be hit so my niece has hardly slept listening out for the sirens etc.

My Nephew is a V-Double Trucker and is driving to Sydney at this time and says the animal carcase's on the side of the road is heartbreaking.

As I receive further updates I will post them but at least I know things are relatively ok at the moment east of Berwick.

Hi Tony

It looks like the fire is now being declared safe (umm I don't think anywhere is safe) Statewide Current Incident Summary - Country Fire Authority so hopefully your niece is ok. Please tell her to get in touch if she does need help but at the moment I think they are ok.

So sad......my great Uncle and Aunty are missing, they had a property in Kinglake, and my step-dad and mum's best friend are volunteer firefighters so have been fighting them non stop but said it's like a losing battle......really wish I was home at the moment to be with everyone.

Guest The Pom Queen
So sad......my great Uncle and Aunty are missing, they had a property in Kinglake, and my step-dad and mum's best friend are volunteer firefighters so have been fighting them non stop but said it's like a losing battle......really wish I was home at the moment to be with everyone.

I am so sorry to hear this, hears praying they are safe:notworthy:

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this terrible time.... hopefully you will have some news soon about your great aunt and uncle, I know that communication is down at the moment in that area.

Karen

So sorry to hear that, it must be really hard for you being on the other side of the world when your home is in turmoil - I hope things are not as bad as you fear.

Guest *KAY TEE*

How awful, heres hoping there is good news to come. My thoughts are with you and the thousands of others affected and in the same position. xx

Praying you hear soon,

Deb

Hi all. This is the 1st time we have been on PIO since sometime last year and we just wanted to express our thoughts and prayers to all affected by these devastating fires.

We've had a bit of an emotional rollercoast as a family ourselves over the last few months, but seeing news like this puts everything into perspective. I cried when I watched the news at the weekend. Not only for the people that have died, are injured and that have lost loved ones, but also for the people who's memories, houses, businesses etc have been burnt to the ground. We can't forget all the firefighters and volunteers putting their own lives at risk too!

Our sympathies to everyone involved.

Tracey, Jon and family x

Hi again,smc01;

Just a thought - you probably already know - but the Herald Sun website has a notice board where you can post the naqmes of missing rellies and friends. I imagine there are several other online facilities for the same.

Best wishes,

Deb

Guest rshelly

Hi all,

Im not a regular poster on this website but do use it as a source of information from all your useful posts.

I just wanted to say my thoughts and prayers are with all those that have been affected by the fires in Australia. Its so sad to hear what has happened..

Thinking of you at this time, Hope you hear positive news soon xx

Guest donovan

Hiya just spoke to OH mum, just to let you all know that his aunt & uncle are fine, house is still standing, just have to help all the others in need as much as we can. So please EVERYONE contribute as much or as little as you can it all adds up in the end.

Sarah x

Guest The Pom Queen
Hiya just spoke to OH mum, just to let you all know that his aunt & uncle are fine, house is still standing, just have to help all the others in need as much as we can. So please EVERYONE contribute as much or as little as you can it all adds up in the end.

Sarah x

This is great news Sarah!!!!!!:notworthy:

I would like to echo your comments but also to remind people that the Wildlife also need your support. Please help with donations to care for injured/burn't wildlife. Wildlife Victoria

SMC01

Any news yet, we are keeping our fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Kate

Hey Kate,

Nothing yet, we are trying to keep positive but seeing as though they were both in their 80's and they were in Kinglake it isn't looking that great....will let you guys know when we hear anything.

My mum's best mate who is a CFA volunteer is trying to get access to the area to see what she can find out but is all very hard at the moment, she said that driving through certain areas it's like a moonscape - just so bad :sad:

Guest The Pom Queen
Hey Kate,

Nothing yet, we are trying to keep positive but seeing as though they were both in their 80's and they were in Kinglake it isn't looking that great....will let you guys know when we hear anything.

My mum's best mate who is a CFA volunteer is trying to get access to the area to see what she can find out but is all very hard at the moment, she said that driving through certain areas it's like a moonscape - just so bad :sad:

Oh dear, fingers tightly crossed for some positive feedback, if there is anything I can do from this end just shout.

Guest horatio8

Devastating news and seems to be getting worse. Thoughts and prayers to all involved. I hope you hear something soon SMC01 and hope it is good news. I have a cousin in the outer suburbs of Melbourne and have been glued to the TV and internet to see how close it is getting to them. Fortunately the wind seems south easterly.

Stevied

Archived