Job needed for a plumber

betsy5

Hi all,

Oh is a plumber, has a provisional QLD plumbers licensse (which can be converted to any state) and blue card. We have been on the Sunshine coast Qld for nearly 6months and are not having much luck with work. OH has 19yr experience in UK but with a prov license he needs to work under a full licenced plumber until he gets his.

Does anyone know of anyone that is looking for a plumber to work for them? we will relocate for a job. It may sound a bit drastic but OH just really needs work and coming to the end of our lease makes it an easy transition.

I hope that someone on here can help.

Thanks x

Hiya

have you looked around Brisbane and the south of Brisbane, i recently relocated a plumber who is currently trying to sort his licences /qualifications out, he approached various companys south side and all said when you get your licence come back. He said they seemed more interested when he mentioned he was corgi registered and could do gas work (that may mean more to you than it does for me).

In your shoes i would do as he did and have a drive around to approach companys in person and sell yourself, also dont forget to ask Real estate agents as they often have their own contractors for rental house repiars etc

Hope this helps a bit, good luck

Cal x

Hi all,

Oh is a plumber, has a provisional QLD plumbers licensse (which can be converted to any state) and blue card. We have been on the Sunshine coast Qld for nearly 6months and are not having much luck with work. OH has 19yr experience in UK but with a prov license he needs to work under a full licenced plumber until he gets his.

Does anyone know of anyone that is looking for a plumber to work for them? we will relocate for a job. It may sound a bit drastic but OH just really needs work and coming to the end of our lease makes it an easy transition.

I hope that someone on here can help.

Thanks x

Hello betsy

Does he do Central Heating? Gas?

In Brisbane try Hays (Agencie) in the City Queen Street I think. I also know a fella north of Brisbane who installs solar heating for swimming pools it's not plumbing but suits a plumber, he may need somone.

All the Best John

Guest bhawkes

hi,

i am a plumber and coming to brisbane in October, i have got my visa etc, i don't want to work for myself, so do i have to have a provisional licence to work for a company or does the licence only apply to someone who wants to go self employed.

Best of luck with your job hunting,

Regards Barry.

hi,

i am a plumber and coming to brisbane in October, i have got my visa etc, i don't want to work for myself, so do i have to have a provisional licence to work for a company or does the licence only apply to someone who wants to go self employed.

Regards Barry.

no im afraid you need a licence to do any work self employed or employed

hi,

Regards Barry.

Hello Barry

A provisinal licence will mean your on the same line as an apprentice. Does not always mean that you will get apprntice money. It'll take courses to get your full licence.

Good Luck John

hi,

Regards Barry.

Have a read of the plumbers thread currently running on here, i have never known a trade cause so much hassle this end! It is about time the TRA/Vetasses started warning plumbers what they will have to do when they arrive BEFORE they can work.It can be very hard financially if you are the only breadwinner and you dont have a big nest egg to support you.

Good Luck with everything

Cal x

Hello betsy

Does he do Central Heating? Gas?

In Brisbane try Hays (Agencie) in the City Queen Street I think. I also know a fella north of Brisbane who installs solar heating for swimming pools it's not plumbing but suits a plumber, he may need somone.

All the Best John

Hi, he is a plumbing and heating engineer but not CORGI ie. he can run associated pipework for heating but can't touch gas.

Let us know if your mate does need anyone, he would welcome the oportunity to expand his skills.

Many thanks x

hi,

Regards Barry.

You need a license to work as a plumber at all. They will only give you a provisional to start and after working for 12 months you can then do the course to get your full license. You will then need your full license if you want to work self employed.

If you just want to work for a co then you can do this with a prov as you are working under someone elses license, BUT you can't subcontract :unsure:

Hope this helps, don't know where you are heading but you need to contact the plumbers and drainers board for that state.

In short the small plumbers struggle to employ. A better bet may be to get hold of your Chamber of Commerce Directory (not Yellow Oages). Search for Gas & Plumbers and call them. Why - sometimes they state the size of the business. Pick the larger ones.

If you already know who are the bigger guys then this option may not be for you. Buy yourself a database ($400) from Impact List and make your selection criteria for plumbers larger than 15 employees in your geographical area of choice.

Hope it helps

Hi, he is a plumbing and heating engineer but not CORGI ie. he can run associated pipework for heating but can't touch gas.

Let us know if your mate does need anyone, he would welcome the oportunity to expand his skills.

Many thanks x

Two fella's I had interviews for not mates one Adelaide one Melbourne.both were really kean to employ me.

If your prepared to go that way Pm me and I'll sort details for you.

But I do think gas would be a big thing. But there is no saying he could not learn gas the Aussie way.

Let me know

hi, thanks for that. whats involved in aquiring a provisional plumbing licence.

regards, Barry.

Sorry Barry for delay.

You take all your gumth you showed for your TRA take it to the Plumbers & Drainers baord,fill in a few forms and you'll have it no prombem at all.

Good Luck

John

Archived