Student visa 573 / 574 Masters Phd Anybody?

Guest Bianca

hi!

We are looking at different options of going to Oz. I want to do my Masters anyway, and this seems ideal - to rather get an Oz qualification and do this with student visa.... Hubby will be able to work full time as Mech engineer/ fitter and the children will pay standard school fees (according to Immi - this is only for Masters/Phd students).

We are very positive that he will find work when we are in Oz, we will not be limited to one state, as the course is taught in blocks FIFO, which is ideal. It is CRICOS registered too.

By the end of the first 12 months I will hope to find a job offer. I have emailed a few consultants in the field and they say even with current situation, the field is crying out for skilled people, so it looks positive ....

If hubby doesn't have a 457 visa by end of the first 12 months, I will have to do another course, maybe a general post grad diploma in the same field, which will be helpful later.

We will also qualify to apply for a 176 visa after hubby has worked for 12 months, so maybe we can go down that route. Hope all of this makes sense?:eek:

My questions...

- are there any other post grad's students out there on a 573 /574?

- Is there anybody who got Perm residency after 2 years' FT studies?

- Can I go from completing a Masters in the first year, and then do a post grad Diploma, both on the 573 visa? Has anybody done something like this?

Thanks for your help, anybody else on student visas or about to apply for student visas, it will be great to chat about the whole experience, worries etc!!!

Thanks!:smile:

Archived