what order once application acknowledged??

gail39

can anyone please advise me what order do you do things in once visa application ackknowledged and receipted??? We have been advised not to sell the house til we have visa?and dont want to front load anything yet as have lots to sort out here and dont want to end up in Oz at xmas as renting will be a night mare...Any advice would be great of other peoples experiences gail

hi jo n paul

thanks for that not sure which way we will go about it as renting is expensive where we live and we are wanting to save as much as possible we might wait til we have had the meds,, but thanks for your help gail

Hi Gail, we are wondering what to do aswell same as you, we dont know what order to do things, I think though we will wait until we get the go ahead for meds etc and then put house on market, coz i have heard that once you do get the go ahead for meds you basically got the visa, its difficult for us to rent as we have 3 children so renting a 3 bed house would be quite expensive for us... we are looking at early next year to move hopefully when everything has calmed down abit after xmas and new year!

cheers sal x

hi sal were a bit like you not sure its exciting and scary atthe same time!! Where r u thinking of heading? We said we might try and rent a caravan once house sold and stuff gone???What line of work r u both in and are you getting excited gail

Guest jonseywife

Hi Gail

Congrats on getting your visa acknowledged.... its one more step closer to getting to Oz!!!

I know wot you mean, WOT TO DO FIRST... ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Were in the same dilema as you, and a few others by the sounds of it!

We were wanting to get out there oct/Nov time too, before all the rental prices go up for holiday season, but going by some of the posts on here, you gotta keep an open mind and stay a little flexible too!!!! Its the sixty million dollar question I think......

Not much help i know but at least you know your not on you own in all this.....

Think we will all have a few more grey hairs by the time we get out there!!!!!

Sally-ann x

p.s. Sorry I couldnt handle the two message formats on Friday, but im easily confused, so its nothing personal ....... might do better this week???!!! :twitcy:

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Hi All in a dilemma about what to do first!!!

I can only advise from my own personal experiences, but we gave our application 3 months from acknowledgement and decided to get our medicals done and forwarded them on, we had done our police checks just after sending in our main visa application, in hindsight, this was a little too early, as we are now are in a position of being under pressure to activate our visas, as you have to do this from the date either your police check or medical is. (whichever is the earliest).

Regarding the house sale, I too asked this question a long time ago on here and I was advised put it up for sale earlier rather than later. Just as well I listened, we put the house on the market end of September our visas were granted late November and we only got a buyer in February. I know its never predictable to guess the market, all our friends told us we would sell straight away we have a lovely house, (yeah yeah). It didnt happen!!!

Finally getting your visa and being tied here because of the house is not good for your stress levels, it also takes the excitement and relief from finally getting your visa and you suddenly hit a low as you just want to get on that plane.

Our 136 skilled visa took from acknowledgement to approval roughly 6 months.

If you have had your TRA approved and you are pretty sure about your health and police check, then get cracking.

I hope this makes sense and is of some benefit.

Mandie xx

HI sally ann

maybe i will do better this week too on friday night regarding the chat room...im definitely going to use green writing though as it shows upLOL gail

Regarding the stages of doing everything i suppose we shall have to play it by ear!!! speak soon gail

hi mandie thanks for that it all seems abit scatty at the minute as there seems to be so much to do! knowing us we will put our house on market say now and it will sell straight away and then we will have to pay expensive rents, so there goes our saving up as we dont have a mortgage1 then if we decide to wait til the summer we will probaly end up being there for xmas which will be chaos and expensive,,so well see what happens maybe wait abit longer cheers anyway gail

hi gail,we are looking at moving to jimboomba or greenbank, if everything goes to plan in may next year will be our arrival date, my husband is a baker by trade....what are your plans and occupation? i can put my hand to anything as far as work goes but my main focus are the children so i will work around them and richard... i can remember on the Friday night chat last week you said you were thinking of Jimboomba too, am i right?

Sal x

Guest tahe49

Hi Gail

Have you got any further with your application then? Have you got any family that you could move in with?

O

Archived