Stat dec and solicitors

Guest kerryandgordon

Guest kerryandgordon

Can anyone help, I have to get my statutory decleration signed by a solicitor. Can you please tell me roughly how much they change. Im assuming its not just a simple charge like for certification of a passport etc:jiggy:

Guest mandisfam

Hi, We are about 30 mins south from you. We went to a local solicitor who charged about 10 pounds for over 20 documents. Another one charged as 5 pounds for 6 documents.

Just ring around. Alternatively, if you make an appointment with local Justice of Peace apparently so do it for free.

Mandisfam

Guest vixpinkbabe
Can anyone help, I have to get my statutory decleration signed by a solicitor. Can you please tell me roughly how much they change. Im assuming its not just a simple charge like for certification of a passport etc:jiggy:

Hiya,

They very so much! In London, it cost £10. Edinburgh was £40! Glasgow was £25! (had friends in all parts of the country to get them signed). One woman quoted me £100 for a document, I actually laughed out loud! She just picked a random number and thought she'd get away with it!

Do you have any solicitors etc that could do it at work for free or anything? xx

Guest vixpinkbabe

Ooo... can't remember now :(

I think it has to be a "notary public" whatever that means. Justice of the peace, solicitor, jury etc. I think there is a list isnt there? Of people that can do it? Should be on the application form xxxxx Good luck. Defo ring around, worth it so save some money! x

Guest mandisfam

Please remember folks, that the people who can sign a stat dec is not the same as the people you can certify your passport photo. It has been someone like a solicitor, Justice of Peace etc.

Mandisfam

Guest mandisfam
ha ha ur stressed god knows what i am lol

lol...decluttering the house so we can put it up for sale....thats why Im stressed, as fast as I clear one room the kids mess up another....:arghh:

Guest kerryandgordon

can a constable sign a stat dec? Thankfully we wont have the stress of selling other than a car. When we came back from Brisbane we didnt bother buying again because we always planned to go back to OZ

Guest vixpinkbabe
Please remember folks, that the people who can sign a stat dec is not the same as the people you can certify your passport photo. It has been someone like a solicitor, Justice of Peace etc.

Mandisfam

Ooo.. just wanted to say we lodged on the exact same day! :):) xxx

Archived