Sign in to follow this  
Guest KilleyClan

When can you strat jobhunting/current goldcoast job situation for IT

Guest KilleyClan

hi all

Hubby has just started RPL. does anyone know if we can actually start looking/applying for jobs now ready for (hopefully) sponsorship or do you at least have to wait for the rpl assessment pass to come through first?

also we are hoping to head to brisbane/goldcoast area as apparently IT work is in these areas the most especially GC. Just wondering is this still the case are there plenty of jobs for programmers in queensland or is the credit crunch starting to hit there too?

Guest Cane Family

Hi,

I have also done the ACS RPL and gor a positive result, from experience this does not matter to a future employer, It seems if you want a perm job they seem not to be interested unless you have had your Visa granted, even at this stage where we are waiting for the grant now, Agencies are still saying when will ytou get your Visa?

I would suggest looking on www.seek.com.au and see whats there.... What does Ian do?

Sorry i can be anymore help.

Regards

Steve

Guest KilleyClan

hi steve,

thanks for reply. ian is a computer programmer for AXA.

we were under the impression if you could get a job offer before or whilst completing visa app then we could be sponsored by the employer who would absorb some of the cost and we would obviously have a job to go too.

is this not the case for IT professionals?

i know agents won't touch you without your visa but i'm just not sure how sponsorship from an employer actually works. as i say, i thought you could find a job and be sponsored in rather than going down the independent route and finding a job once in oz.

regards

Emma

Guest Cane Family
hi steve,

thanks for reply. ian is a computer programmer for AXA.

we were under the impression if you could get a job offer before or whilst completing visa app then we could be sponsored by the employer who would absorb some of the cost and we would obviously have a job to go too.

is this not the case for IT professionals?

i know agents won't touch you without your visa but i'm just not sure how sponsorship from an employer actually works. as i say, i thought you could find a job and be sponsored in rather than going down the independent route and finding a job once in oz.

regards

Emma

I think you are right, you could carry on with PR visa and at the same time get a 457 sponsored visa, maybe worth a try, but it could be a case of having to up sticks and go straight away though (well once you have 457)

Regards