Guest michellematthews2005

Deception Bay

HI

Still awaiting for our agent to sort everything out, but we have one question to ask. We have been looking into the regions surrounding Brisbane and like the look of Deception Bay. Is there anybody in this forum who moved there on near there, or maybe be a local, to tell us what it's like and what the schools are like. Very interested in this area, look foward to some information. :lol:

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

hiya we too liked the look of deception bay and that area ,but someone on here told me to avoid them areas ,and i am so confused as it seems to have everything we would like ,reasonable priced housing ,jobs ,schools etc ,i too would love to hear anyones views on these areas ,thanks

cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Hi

I quite agree, I have a list here that someone had put on here to avoid and the surrounding suburbs. I don't know whether deception caomes under these suburbs, have to look more into it.

Ipswich

Beenleigh

Logan

Redcliffe

Caboolture

(and some of the surrounding suburbs of each).

Apparantly, we have to be a bit cautious of these areas..?????

HOW FAR ON ARE YOU WITH EVERYTHING AND WHEN ARE YOU EXPECTING TO BE GOING ,,CAL X

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest alliebongo

Hi there,

Having initally lived in the city until I got pregnant with my first child, we found ourselves reguarly visiting Redcliffe, 35kms from Brisbane to "get some fresh air". Less humid and a slower pace of life from the city.l I have lived in Redcliffe since 2005, it is a lovely seaside suburb with over millon dollar views play parks, red sandy beaches overlooking Moreton Island (where you can go daytripping or camp or stay at Tangalooma Resort) a huge outdoor swimming pool called "the lagoon" and reasonable shopping with North Lakes Westfield just 15 minutes up the road. Sea breezes and a bit cooler than North Lakes (which you need to take into account when you have to run airconditioning in summer - cost of electricity is going up here). Deception Bay foreshore is a bit quiter, ie. it does not have an active seafront, the waterfront is mangroves mostly with a little beach. As Sarah Beeney would say if you cant afford the suburb you want to live in, move to the one nearest it. Kippa Ring, Rothwell then Deception Bay then North Lakes would be my choice. Loads of great schools around here, acutally I think too many for the smaller population in Australia. Have a look at the Redcliffe Herald newspaper to get a feel of the area. Hope this helps.

I am friends with Aussies who have lived in Brisbane all their lives. They said to avoid Deception Bay at all costs as it's a lower socio-economic area and the schools are not so good.

Avoid D-Bay. Redcliffe/Clontarf is a good bet in that area but the beaches are not so hot. Nice place to live though.

Been here in Redcliffe 10 years now & still loving it, house prices have fallen slighty

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." Bill Gates 1981

Been here in Redcliffe 10 years now & still loving it, house prices have fallen slighty

Long time no see.................thought you'd buggered off back to Cornwall and was too ashamed to admit it :wink:

Was driving through the world with a cracked rear view, but nowadays I watch only the road ahead

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Had a jolly up Deception Bay area last week. Kept driving past the sign on the Bruce so thought we would have a recce. Had also heard/read somewhere that it was 'up and coming' and 'still afordable'. Certainly seems affordable for a sea side town on the sunshine coast but for me it was lacking today. Pehaps once all the affordable property has been bought up down to Brisbane then DB and surrounding area will become a target, have some money pumped into it, get gven a makeover etc..............then up go prices. Is it 'up and coming'? Landlords will purchase with specific strategies in mind and target a specific tenant. Seems that many rentals are occupied by the lower paid/unemployed etc. Nothing wrong with that, been there done that, but such areas also attract the knob heads...but knobs heads live on every street. For me DB could be a very nice place to live in...............probably in 10 years time though.

Edited by Jackinabox

.... Certainly seems affordable for a sea side town on the sunshine coast but for me it was lacking today....

Just to let you know, not that it really matters, as a neighbour of Redcliffe Deception Bay is classed as part of Greater Brisbane. Sunny Coast starts roughly 30km further north at Caloundra. Haven't been there for decades myself so might go for a look like you did...

Just to let you know, not that it really matters, as a neighbour of Redcliffe Deception Bay is classed as part of Greater Brisbane. Sunny Coast starts roughly 30km further north at Caloundra. Haven't been there for decades myself so might go for a look like you did...

Ya learn something every day.....cheers fish. In my minds eye the sunshine coast and gold coast are split by Brisbane. Kinda makes it easier to explain to folks back home too.

Definitley worth a look at DB. Wouldnt write it off as having potential and I am sure that others will have noticed to, especially the city slickers with some cash for a holiday home. I know that you have to speculate to accumulate and DB may well turn out to be just that. It clearly floats some folks boat and the property investors seem to be doing quite well. If I had the spare cash to throw at a cheapo doer upper i'd probably start there. Alas, I will probably be too late for that and Coolum/Hervey Bay will be the next 'up and coming'.

Ya learn something every day.....cheers fish. In my minds eye the sunshine coast and gold coast are split by Brisbane. Kinda makes it easier to explain to folks back home too.

Definitley worth a look at DB. Wouldnt write it off as having potential and I am sure that others will have noticed to, especially the city slickers with some cash for a holiday home. I know that you have to speculate to accumulate and DB may well turn out to be just that. It clearly floats some folks boat and the property investors seem to be doing quite well. If I had the spare cash to throw at a cheapo doer upper i'd probably start there. Alas, I will probably be too late for that and Coolum/Hervey Bay will be the next 'up and coming'.

You missed the boat on hervey bay.

Deception has been known for a long time as "Desolation Bay" as in Bobby's "Desolation Row"

They’re selling postcards of the hanging They’re painting the passports brown The beauty parlor is filled with sailors The circus is in town

Here comes the blind commissioner They’ve got him in a trance One hand is tied to the tight-rope walker The other is in his pants

And the riot squad they’re restless They need somewhere to go As lady and I look out tonight From desolation row

Cinderella, she seems so easy It takes one to know one, she smiles And puts her hands into her back pockets Bette Davis style

And in comes Romeo, he’s moaning "You belong to me I believe" And someone turns and says to him "My friend you'd better leave"

And the only sound that’s left After the ambulances go Is Cinderella sweeping up On desolation row

But..............as you say..............who knows what Desolation will be like in 10 yrs time? Sandgate?????????? You couldn't sell a property there 15 yrs ago due to "itinerants" but look at the prices now.

Was driving through the world with a cracked rear view, but nowadays I watch only the road ahead

You missed the boat on hervey bay.

Deception has been known for a long time as "Desolation Bay" as in Bobby's "Desolation Row"

They’re selling postcards of the hanging They’re painting the passports brown The beauty parlor is filled with sailors The circus is in town

Here comes the blind commissioner They’ve got him in a trance One hand is tied to the tight-rope walker The other is in his pants

And the riot squad they’re restless They need somewhere to go As lady and I look out tonight From desolation row

Cinderella, she seems so easy It takes one to know one, she smiles And puts her hands into her back pockets Bette Davis style

And in comes Romeo, he’s moaning "You belong to me I believe" And someone turns and says to him "My friend you'd better leave"

And the only sound that’s left After the ambulances go Is Cinderella sweeping up On desolation row

But..............as you say..............who knows what Desolation will be like in 10 yrs time? Sandgate?????????? You couldn't sell a property there 15 yrs ago due to "itinerants" but look at the prices now.

Coolum perhaps?............unless Greg Norman and that rich Aussie fella who wants to create dinosaurs gets there hands on it first.

"Fish's buy of the week"

You could do a lot worse in the low to mid 400's market (after negotiation) than this place 500 metres from the beach: http://www.realestat...liffe-111190407

Yep. I've been inside some of those "little cottagey things" (as my Oh puts it) and some of 'em are absolutely gorgeous inside.

Thank You lol lol you took the words right out of my mouth... We Call It Depression Bay ... Not A Nice Place To Live

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Cor luv a duck, hello stranger

Guest SamInBrizVegas

Avoid D-Bay at all costs!As the Aussies would probably say....It's feral!Try North Lakes,Redcliffe,Narangba etc....more expensive areas but much much nicer.