Thoughts on Redcliffe

Guest gemmae

Guest sharonk701

Hi had a look today, its abit older than La Vida but looks ok, the appartments are right across the road from Sutton Beach park, there looks like there are only 3 or 4. Couldnt see much more!! Hope thats ok, hope you have a good holiday!

Guest Polegate

Thank you so much Sharon. Really appreciate that. Will probably go along there when our daughter wants a break from us and see what's doing!

Jackie

• 4 weeks later...

I am confused I have heard some really negative things about this area and some really lovely things. I suppose we won't know until we experience it ourselves. Do the locals have a law and order problem, as I have heard there can be. I love the look of the place and the location would be ideal.

Guest gps1973

we stayed in Redcliffe 2 yrs ago we found the place to be like a typicle Devon seaside town (with sun). It could be deemed quiet (from a Devonian).

However if you would like to stay there try maddies realty for accomodation.

Guest sharonk701

Its a lovely place it does have its off area's but the majority of the penninsula is great, very friendly and we are really happy we came here wouldnt want to be anywhere else!

• 2 months later...

hi i agree with you there sharon,i have been here just over 2 months now,im sam 35 with my husband and 2 girls age 7 and 10.so far so good,it is like a seaside village,love suttons beach,lagoon is great for the kids, north lakes shopping centre is great,we are also living in kippa ring if you fancy meeting up at some point as really need to make some new friends samxx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest30038
I am confused I have heard some really negative things about this area and some really lovely things. I suppose we won't know until we experience it ourselves. Do the locals have a law and order problem, as I have heard there can be. I love the look of the place and the location would be ideal.

Good areas and bad areas.............depends how lucky you are.

We looked at it 13 yrs ago but it had huge drug and unemployment related problems. Since then, the council have really worked on "up-marketing" it and have done a good job. suttons beach is an excellent example.

the local pier: THROUGH MY EYES

kev

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Polegate

Our daughter celebrated her 40th birthday yesterday with a tandem parchute jump landing on Suttons Beach. Did anyone see her and our grandson, who also did one, land? It looked a fantastic experience by the photos. Friends were waiting on the beach to enjoy a barbie.

Jackie

Guest Polegate

Just to say they couldn't land at Suttons Beach because of the wind so they ended up in Scarborough! All the friends had to shoot over their before they landed. Wonderful day was had by all.

Jackie

Guest BLOWERS

hi u,we plan 2 move 2 redcliffe in around 6 weeks time from southside,in your post u said u think the houses will go up in price once the bridge and train link is done,please can u give me a idea when you think theese projects will be finished,i look fwd to your reply...many thanks...elly

Guest guest30038
hi u,we plan 2 move 2 redcliffe in around 6 weeks time from southside,in your post u said u think the houses will go up in price once the bridge and train link is done,please can u give me a idea when you think theese projects will be finished,i look fwd to your reply...many thanks...elly

dunno about the rail link but the bridge is due for completion before the end of this year........they're really crackin' on with it.

kev

dunno about the rail link but the bridge is due for completion before the end of this year........they're really crackin' on with it.

kev

railway maybe never, the bridge towards the end of 2010! the railway will only be going to Kippa Ring if it ever happens. They have been talking about it for 40 years.

• 1 month later...
Guest Debbiedo

Hi, we stayed in Margate just down from Redcliff centre in May when were over to validate, we really liked it and plan to move there, our kids are 20 and 13.

We particually liked Rothwell area but liked the whole Redcliffe area in general.

Guest jillandy

hi, we spent alittle time there as we had UK mates in the area.

they have now returned to the Uk and another couple also.

scarbourgh is just next door and a little quiater.

its better than being in the city. nice area but the sea is not like maroochydore and upwards. (surf and a good colour)

compared to inland we liked it but as i said noosa area was much better.

if you need any spasific questions answered please ask and i can find out for you

jill

Guest katpa joca

Hi Sammymac, I read your post, my name is Katie and we live nearRedcliffe. I have 2 boys 3 & 6and if you are still interested in a meet up then that woulld be great, I know how hard it can be to make new friends here so we are up for it if you are, jsut let me know.

Guest BLOWERS

That would be great, please click on my username and choose “send email to BLOWERS" .we have been here just 2 weeks and would be great 2 catch up.lee&elly

• 8 months later...
Guest gingerdingo
Hi,

We stayed in Redcliffe in a rented holiday home last year (May), It was close to the sea, ideal for the kids. We are looking to move just north of there to Burpengary / Narangba area's

Regards

Hi, sorry to barge in on your life , I was reading old posts about Narangba and wondered if you could let me have the name of the holiday rental you stayed in last year.

Hope you have settled and where abouts?

Archived