AQF III Carpentry / Joinery Courses

Guest Rouge

Hi all, can anyone recommend a training centre in the UK for an AQF level 3 Carpentry / Joinery qualification please?

Also any ideas on how much this will cost?

Unfortunately the OH has no formal qualifications, although been in the trade for at least 10 years & is more than capeable!!! Been told we have to go via TRA due to our circumstances!! Seems very unfair seeing Vetasses don't require a formal qualification! It's soo frustrating!!!:arghh:

Thanks.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Rouge

ACTS UK | Welcome to Trade Train

You would need to talk to Trade Train and ask them whether they could assess OH for the combined occupation of Carpentry & Joinery. I've heard that charge £3,750 but they do offer a very somprehensive package for that.

The assessor comes to you. Since he is willing to travel to Northumberland, why should he not be equally willing to travel to France? Whereabouts in France are you, please?

Silver Trowel Trade Training | CRICOS Training Provider

Again, you would need to ask Silver Trowel whether they would be able to assess Hubby for the combined qualification. They might say that they can, but only if Hubby goes to Perth. They may well have a mate who could do the assessment but the mate may not be keen to travel to the UK.

Their UK HQ is in Cirencester but their UK Training Centre is in Arundel, West Sussex. Hubby would have to go to Arundel if he wishes to be assessed in the UK.

I am told that they charge much less for the assessment if the person goes to Perth because STT do not then have the cost of sending an assessor to the UK, One of our members on here said that by the time he traipsed to Arundel from wherever he lives, paid for accommodation there etc, it was cheaper and better value for him to go to Perth for a week so he did that instead.

Australian Work Place Assessments by Australian Trade Assessments

Once again you would have to ask ATA whether they could arrange an assessment for the combined skill. I've heard they charge £1,500 but may not be offering as much as ACTS /Trade Train offer in return for the price.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill,

Thanks for your reply we are in Brittany but its no problem for hubbie to go back to the UK, or if it's much cheaper I'm sure he'd go to Perth!!

What do you mean by ATA may not offer such a comprehensive package as the others? To be honest I don't really understand the system!

Guest AustralianTradeAssessment

What do you mean by ATA may not offer such a comprehensive package as the others? To be honest I don't really understand the system!

Our assessors visit you at your place of work (in England and Ireland only at this stage). We offer a qualification issued by the Master Builders, Australia's most recognised building federation. You also receive one years membership with the Queensland master builders.

All at half the price (or more) of our competitors. If you can find something that our competitors provide that we don't, I'll be very interested in hearing it.

:-)

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Darren

Are you offering all the same add ons that ACTS are offering with their Hit The Ground Running package, please?

Thanks

Gill

Hi Darren, thanks for that info, my OH is Self Employed, so how would that work? Would you just need to go to a current / previous job to see what he's done / doing? He has worked in both France & the UK. Also what is the qualification that you issue, I thought it had to be an AQF III in order to pass the TRA?

Hi Darren

Are you offering all the same add ons that ACTS are offering with their Hit The Ground Running package, please?

Thanks

Gill

Hi Gill,

What is on offer is the following;

An AQF III issued by the Master Builders (for construction trades)

A business management course;

1 years membership with the master builders;

The general safety induction cards are delivered by the Master Builders on arrival, for a further fee of £35. These are necessary in Queensland to conduct building work. If you are not going to Queensland, you will need to check with the relevant licensing authority for the state in which you are moving to.

Information on the card can be found here;

General safety induction (construction industry) - Whsinternet

information on mutual recognition and other state cards can be found here.

Mutual recognition of general safety induction (construction industry) - Whsinternet

Hi Darren, thanks for that info, my OH is Self Employed, so how would that work? Would you just need to go to a current / previous job to see what he's done / doing? He has worked in both France & the UK. Also what is the qualification that you issue, I thought it had to be an AQF III in order to pass the TRA?

We would need to visit either a current or previous job so he can demonstrate his skills on site.

The qualification is an AQF III and it is issued by the Master Builders.

Hope this helps :-)

Hi Rouge

Once again you would have to ask ATA whether they could arrange an assessment for the combined skill.

Yes we do assessments for either Carpenters, Joiners and Carpenters & Joiners.

Archived