Movie review thread

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest JoanneHattersley

Wondered what people thought about this for a thread....we can keep it on going and people can add to it. Put the movie title in the title box and away we go!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoanneHattersley

Definately go and see this movie! Its brilliantly done as are all Eastwoods films.

He plays a widowed man who lives next door to a foreign family. As the movie goes on he learns to accept them.....but with consequences.

HE doesnt mince words, calls a spade a spade amongst other things!!!

There is a strong moral background to it but I cant say any more else I`ll spoil it!

Good idea Joanne,

Went to see Defiance with Daniel Craig in it and even if you aren't a Craig fan ( which i am) it is well worth seeing.

Based on a true story ,it really makes you think about the situation those people were in.

The acting was superb.

Gail and Mark .

Guest JoanneHattersley

Went to see "revolutionary road" yesterday.

VERY well acted. I can see why they got nominated for awards but it is one of those films you come out thinking.............."oh my, what happened there!!!"

There was something about it, whether it is because I think every married couple could relate to it?? Dont know!

Interested to hear thoughts from others on it

• 1 year later...

This threads gone pretty quiet! Thought I'd liven it up.

went to see The Road a couple of weeks ago. Very good film, very realistic and believeable. Must be just what it would be like post-apocolypse. we saw The Book of Eli last week, was a bit dissapointed as it was bit too Hollywood. Too many ridiculous fight scenes.

Avatar = $250mil + Dances with Wolves + Apocalypse Now + Blue Cartoons lol

Blind Side:- Excellent, could be an Oscar for Sandra Bullock .

Crazy Heart:- Jeff Bridges is superb

An Education:- Well worth watching

The Hurt Locker:- Very thought provoking

Julie & Julia:- Excellent, not what I expected

Invictus:- 1st half is great, last bit is just a slow motion Rugby match

It's Complicated:- Very very good (& I don't normally like chick flicks)

Up In The Air:- Another great film (not many duff ones around)

A Serious Man:- Quirky typical Coen Brothers

Sherlock Holmes:- not a great story, but I'm sure the franchise will run & run. Enjoyable all the same.

This has been Barry Norman for Poms in Oz ;-)

Phil

• 1 month later...

literally just watched surrogate with bruce willis..... awesome film, if you're looking for something to watch get out there and buy this dvd!!!

have got inglourious basterds to watch later this evening, will report back later on that one

Guest chris955

For the kids, Nanny McPhee. It is the first movie we have seen where the audience actually applauded at the end. Great movie with one of my favourite actresses.

We went to see the film as a family (daughter 15 and son 10) and we all thought it was a good family film.

Daughter and I also thought Sam Worthington looked pretty darn sexy in a dress too

xx

Guest guest36187
We went to see the film as a family (daughter 15 and son 10) and we all thought it was a good family film.

Daughter and I also thought Sam Worthington looked pretty darn sexy in a dress too

xx

I`ll second that! We saw it yesterday!

Archived