do all states require a certain amount of capital to emigrate

Guest jane35

Guest tigers08

well we are waiting for visas now having lodged in sept 08 other half a bricky, on csl 175 visa so hope wont be too long, we did have over 20 000 but with house come down we only got 6000 equity too but will come away with nothing as we have bit of over draft and 2000 on credit cards, so with the sale of our car will only have our money for flights and a few boxes to take kids toys and our personel possessions, is there anyone alse going with nothing and leaving a bit of debt here. hubby finding it tough now as construction dried up here, his cousin site manager in oz and said loads of bricklaying work over there, and we do have aunties and uncles we can stay with wen we get there, so no worries there, its just the little things hanging over us here like credit card and bit of over draft. as far as we know when we get perm 175 you dont have to prove savings, as we deff not got any lol

Well i don't think your the only one.... how long has it taken for you, if you don't mind me asking... my Oh is just getting his skills assessed to get his AQF111... we will be going over on a shoe string.. just small savings, the only thing that worries me at the moment is the job scene over in OZ i hope by the time we go prob.. next feb or march time things will have improved ?? i hope so.. good luck with everything.. i hope it all goes well for you all :wink:

well we are waiting for visas now having lodged in sept 08 other half a bricky, on csl 175 visa so hope wont be too long, we did have over 20 000 but with house come down we only got 6000 equity too but will come away with nothing as we have bit of over draft and 2000 on credit cards, so with the sale of our car will only have our money for flights and a few boxes to take kids toys and our personel possessions, is there anyone alse going with nothing and leaving a bit of debt here. hubby finding it tough now as construction dried up here, his cousin site manager in oz and said loads of bricklaying work over there, and we do have aunties and uncles we can stay with wen we get there, so no worries there, its just the little things hanging over us here like credit card and bit of over draft. as far as we know when we get perm 175 you dont have to prove savings, as we deff not got any lol

Guest tigers08

hi hubby did his bricky skills test july 08 and we lodged in sept 08, hubbys cousin is a site manager in adelaide and he said even tho its affected brisbane and perth adelaide building work is still going strong so fingers crossed still be ok for when we get there,

No I dont think so. If you are applying for a permanent residency visa there is no amount specified. You simply have to be able to support yourself if you should become jobless as you are not entitled to any benefits for 2 yrs or so. This may be different for temp visas not too sure, but have been granted our 175 PR so know this for sure. We are skint as and are still going!!! LOL

Hi Penny,

Me and g/f have submitted our DIAC for 175 visa. I don't suppose you could tell me how long yours roughly took to be awarded from the DIAC submission.

Cheers

Nicholas

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lisaandnigel

hi we are going to perth on a 175 sponsered skilled visa. the requirements were to take a total of $52.000 with us and have to stay there for 2 years, but can move any where in western australia.

but we didnt have to prove any of our money situation.

we are remorgage and have said that is how we will have to money.

Archived