do all states require a certain amount of capital to emigrate

Guest jane35

Hi to all... i was reading different posts and noticed that some people say they emigrated with less than £5000 and other people have said they have been refused visas due to not enough funds in the bank ??? can any one help ?? we will be moving over with our savings we don't own our house we have 3 children and we know that we have to be able to pay our own way we will only be coming over when OH has a job to come to ?:skeptical:

Guest ReadyPenny

No I dont think so. If you are applying for a permanent residency visa there is no amount specified. You simply have to be able to support yourself if you should become jobless as you are not entitled to any benefits for 2 yrs or so. This may be different for temp visas not too sure, but have been granted our 175 PR so know this for sure. We are skint as and are still going!!! LOL

Hi

If you are thinking of applying for a visa for ACT Canberra they require following: -

Main applicants with less than A$20,000 (plus A$10,000 for each dependent) must provide a statement justifying the sufficiency of their financial resources to support themselves and any dependents while becoming established and finding employment in the ACT.

Me, wife and 2 kids = £25k :arghh:

daz

Guest ReadyPenny

Great info Daz. Flamin nora that's a bit stiff thought isn't it? We are going to Adelaide, hubby has a job there, fair enough, but we are totally skint!!! No savings and only £5k equity i

yes were also going adeliade ... when OH gets a job... we only have around 10k ??? and with kids in tow .... thank for the info.. daz

Guest ReadyPenny

Jane

For Adelaide, if you have a job there is no requirement to have a certain amount of funds! Dont worry you are not alone doing this on a shoe string. Adds to the excitment eh?

Excitement... OMG I'm scared witless lol.. no i will do what ever it takes to there we cant wait, my partner just getting his AQF111 then we can start the ball rolling... how do you apply for a job we have seen lots he can do but ... they all say you must have residency ?? well we wont go until we know he has a job ???? am i making sense ???

anyone know what finances you need for a 176 to WA? or what evidence you need to provide to show what funds you have? We have no house to sell up, only the cars which should leave us with £8k - if i can get OH to sell his and not ship it over with us!?!

Cheers!

Guest zedster

Hi, we've applied for state sponsorship to SA and this is what they say for financial capacity...

As a rough guide, applicants will require a minimum of $25,000 for a single applicant, with an additional AUD$5,000 for each additional family member. AUD$10,000 must be cash.

So for us 2 adults, 2 kids (once bub is born) that amounts to AUD$40,000 = £18k-19k

Luckily we have some savings and a house to sell but think we might need a bit of luck to actually sell the bloomin' thing or we might not be going :(

Guest jackie-lou

also going to adelaide ,

oh brickie/paver with about 10k and 2 kiddies!

we are not that worried,10k is quite a bit.

As long as we find work quite soon or before we go even!

Guest beverley

have you got to provide proof of this capital on a 176? we have changed from a 175 to 176 and to be honest the amount of capital we have depends totally on how much we sell our flat for. At the moment i just hope we get our deposit back. we had to put down a rough estimate of capital for the 175, though we didnt have to provide proof of this and was wondering if this was just the same for the 176, they want to make sure you can support yourself.

Heading to perth.

Yes, we had to send copies of our bank statements to prove that we had the £25k to transfer to an Australian bank account before they would proceed with our visa application. No money, no 176 visa. :arghh:

daz

Daz, which state did you apply to for your 176 and how many of you are there - we are trying for a 176 with WA and £25k is a major ouch!

thanks

so... correct me if I'm wrong.. for a 176 visa (sponsored state) you have to prove equity at least 25k but if your going on a 175 (permanent visa) you don't have to prove your equity ??? is that right ??

Guest brandyslad

We got SA sponsorship. We were required to have 30,000 AUS $ for two of us. There is a form that you fill in and then the bank has to stamp it, no sending bank statments or valuations to them.

I took it to the Halifax with a print out from Parkers Guide for the car valuation and also I took the valuation from when we remortgaged, I took 25% of the value with the house prices then minused the outstanding mortgage, but the girl didn't check anything, she just said I'm sure it is ok and stamped it. I said to my OH i guarantee if I had been trying to slip something through they would have gone through it with a fine tooth comb!

Guest brandyslad
so... correct me if I'm wrong.. for a 176 visa (sponsored state) you have to prove equity at least 25k but if your going on a 175 (permanent visa) you don't have to prove your equity ??? is that right ??

Yep that is correct, you are proving to the state that you have this money for the 176 - it differs for each state, with the 175 there is no state involvement only DIAC direct and they don't ask for this.

Thanks Brandyslad... we have not got house to sell... just savings about 10k but there is me my OH and 3 children in tow.. we have just started process... i am hoping OH gets a job before we go..??

Guest brandyslad
Thanks Brandyslad... we have not got house to sell... just savings about 10k but there is me my OH and 3 children in tow.. we have just started process... i am hoping OH gets a job before we go..??

We aren't going to sell the house,it would be too much hassle, going to rent out. It is only a cottage so rent should just about cover the mortgage. For SA you only have to prove you have so much in cash, the rest can be tied up. You have 10k this is more than we have in savings, and at todays exchange rate that is roughly $22000 so you are not that far off, that will cover the cash element of it. Have you cars to sell or anything else you could list?

Make The Move :: Requirements for State sponsorship

This is the link that tells you exactly what you need for SA.

Thanks no unfortunately that 10k would be including sale of car ect.... never mind we will get there no matter what..... think we will be definitely going over on permanent visa ???

We aren't going to sell the house,it would be too much hassle, going to rent out. It is only a cottage so rent should just about cover the mortgage. For SA you only have to prove you have so much in cash, the rest can be tied up. You have 10k this is more than we have in savings, and at todays exchange rate that is roughly $22000 so you are not that far off, that will cover the cash element of it. Have you cars to sell or anything else you could list?

Make The Move :: Requirements for State sponsorship

This is the link that tells you exactly what you need for SA.

Not yet- its next Saturday, its so odd im bricking it yet its a english test!! Fingers and toes crossed its all pretty straigh forward though! Will let you know how it goes ;o) thanks for the luck ;o)

Archived