transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

Guest Dele1411
They usually get back to within a month i remember after my interview at Australia House, london it was about a month until they got back to me. My flight leaves in the coming Jan so to put it into context i first made an expression of interest in feb 2014 so it does take a while because of all the visa process and security checks etc. where are you based at the moment?-glad to offer any help or advice as i had friends who already transferred do the same for me.

Hi, I'm based in Abbey Wood at the minute and submitted all my paperwork for the December board. How was the condition of Service; was it what you were expecting with seniority etc. Where are you based at the minute? Exciting times ahead for you, do you know where you are going to be based? I've been speaking to a few that are over there but more info the better. Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, I'm based in Abbey Wood at the minute and submitted all my paperwork for the December board. How was the condition of Service; was it what you were expecting with seniority etc. Where are you based at the minute? Exciting times ahead for you, do you know where you are going to be based? I've been speaking to a few that are over there but more info the better. Thanks in advance.

Just had another look at this thread and noticed your question. From talking to other laterals everyone's experience tends to differ. For example at our interview in 2011 there were people who'd waited years, but that was because the ADF had turned off the pipeline for 3+ years. Others have lucked in, submitting paperwork a matter of weeks before the interviews and getting selected. Some people lose one or two ranks, others stay the same and still others get bumped up (an NCO on ours got offered a commission, completely out of the blue). As to where you're based, some know early on, some don't know until they're almost ready to fly and others have it changed lastminute dot com. If you're committed to coming over here then grit your teeth and put uop with it. Trust me, you have it FAR better than most migrants coming over here, ESPECIALLY with PR straight off and citizenship for you and your family after 90 days.

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

i'm new to this forum and have a couple of questions I'm hoping to get some answers too.

I've had a good read through lots of this forum thread and found some very valuable information but still not seen the info I'm looking for.

My first question is about ranks. Can you transfer from RN to RAN as an ET(AB)?. I'm a SWS WE Submariner in the RN.

My Second question would be regarding my branch, has anyone on here transfered successfully as a SWS rating?

Thanks in Advance

Gareth

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived