transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

Nige,

How is it going mate. Our paths have crossed in the past, Paul Smith (EL Tiff) from Devonport many moons ago, and even further back in Training (863) in Sultan. Quick one if you would mate, I am going through the Lateral Entry process at the moment and have received a COS today, but it isn't exactly what I was looking for. Do you know if there is scope for negotiation with regard to the COS or is it very much a take it or leave it offer.

Smudge.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nige,

How is it going mate. Our paths have crossed in the past, Paul Smith (EL Tiff) from Devonport many moons ago, and even further back in Training (863) in Sultan. Quick one if you would mate, I am going through the Lateral Entry process at the moment and have received a COS today, but it isn't exactly what I was looking for. Do you know if there is scope for negotiation with regard to the COS or is it very much a take it or leave it offer.

Smudge.

Smudge, have sent you PM

Hi,

Iv just read your post, my hubby is currently in the process as well.. he is also a tiff (stoker) we ha've completed all the medical bits and are now waiting for the COS. We are not sure what to expect, I know people who have dropped a rate.. Do you mind me asking why was said in yours?

The process is very long isn't it haha! We started the process in Feb! In your COS, do you have at least 12 months? I was wwondering as my hubby has not yet put his notice in.. Any info would be great!

Hi,

Iv just read your post, my hubby is currently in the process as well.. he is also a tiff (stoker) we ha've completed all the medical bits and are now waiting for the COS. We are not sure what to expect, I know people who have dropped a rate.. Do you mind me asking why was said in yours?

The process is very long isn't it haha! We started the process in Feb! In your COS, do you have at least 12 months? I was wwondering as my hubby has not yet put his notice in.. Any info would be great!

No probs, I have sent a PM.

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for anyone serving out there currently.

I have everything ready to go for my date 10 April 2014 inc visas ect. How long after you arrive in Oz are you expected to report to base for initial kit up etc.

Just that i am planning on heading out initially on my own so most probably will be looking at renting when i get out there, i would ideally like to check out the areas first before entering a contract.

Thanks

[thats fantastic news! I'm really hoping we get ours soon!! Eeek! So excited for you!! I'd pm you but it doesn't seem to be working lol x

did you recieve the COS via email?

Emma

QUOTE=pinkloonytoons;1936373573]Hi emmaandski

My hubby applied to join RAN last year, he's just received offer of service (yesterday!!!) and start date of June 2014...... Feeling excited/nervous/shocked and excited again!!!! How about you guys?

• 1 month later...

Anyone here complete the subclass 186 visa themselves? One of the questions asks about military service or training other than compulsory national service, just wondering what others selected for this as technically the answer is yes as military service in the UK is not compulsory but I get the feeling the question is referring to more questionable military organisations.

Anyone here complete the subclass 186 visa themselves? One of the questions asks about military service or training other than compulsory national service, just wondering what others selected for this as technically the answer is yes as military service in the UK is not compulsory but I get the feeling the question is referring to more questionable military organisations.

Hi Tiff Lee

Having completed 24 years service in the Royal Navy, My list of military service and training was extensive. It needs to be included, yes. Also, your list of countries you've visited also needs to include military foreign visits. My Form had 3 continuation sheets in all.

Enjoy!

Ady

Thanks Ady, so just to confirm when it asks about military service other than compulsory national service you selected yes.

I selected 'Yes' and then listed every ship, submarine and shore establishment I'd ever been posted to.

Hope this helps.

ps. If you're wondering about how thorough you need to be with these forms, I was very thorough and my visas took about a month to come through. So, I think it pays to be as thorough as you can be. :)

I selected 'Yes' and then listed every ship, submarine and shore establishment I'd ever been posted to.

Hope this helps.

ps. If you're wondering about how thorough you need to be with these forms, I was very thorough and my visas took about a month to come through. So, I think it pays to be as thorough as you can be. :)

Good advice thanks.

One more, your handle on here RN2RAAF, you joined their airforce and not navy??

Good advice thanks.

One more, your handle on here RN2RAAF, you joined their airforce and not navy??

The plan was to join the RAAF when I open my account here but my 'skill set' is too different and they weren't recruiting so the RAN was Plan B. ;)

The plan was to join the RAAF when I open my account here but my 'skill set' is too different and they weren't recruiting so the RAN was Plan B. ;)

Had enough of the sea time no doubt! either that or jealous of wafu's sunning it up on the flight deck.....

Hi everyone, hope you're all well? I know this is probably already answered on here but the thread is so long that I can't trawl through it all to find my answer... Anyway, my husband is a CPOAWT, does anyone know where we would be based in Oz?

Thankyou ;)

Did anybody apply for RAN as Maritime Warfare Officer ?

I would like to know more about the process from sending first application until enlistment to RAN. What position got on ship or on shore... etc.

Donatas

My husband is also applying for this position I believe. Was initially interested this time last year, but we put it off. Currently seriously thinking of sending an EoI in next couple of weeks. Our understanding is that from sending an initial Expression of interest to actually landing in Australia is roughly 18 months. Can be a bit less depending on how long the visas take to come through.

With my husbands situation we have been given to believe that he will be based at garden island, sydney.

Hello out there!!!

My husband was POMEM(L) in RN and they have said he will be based in Sydney. He has an enlistment date of 26 June (2014).....we just submitted visa application so are awaiting a response...... Anyone else in a similar situation????? Am excited and nervous at the same time.......

Ah cool- so it sounds like it's gonna be Sydney then? Does anyone know what happens with regards to allocation of quarters and whereabouts these are and are they allocated on a rank system etc?... So many questions! :biggrin:

When all aspects of your application are complete, your RAN contact will raise a 'Intend to Enlist' signal. This signal informs all the authorities including housing and removals etc of your intended transfer details. Housing send you login details for their site for you to view potential homes.

http://www.dha.gov.au

Hello out there!!!

My husband was POMEM(L) in RN and they have said he will be based in Sydney. He has an enlistment date of 26 June (2014).....we just submitted visa application so are awaiting a response...... Anyone else in a similar situation????? Am excited and nervous at the same time.......

Hi. I'm a POWESM. Well, for the next couple of weeks at least. My wife and I transfer on 10 April and will be going to Perth. Hope your visa applications go well. We cracked it really quickly giving as much info as we could and got our visas in about a month. We're both excited and nervous too. It's a big step and we wouldn't be human if we didn't have a few reservations.

Archived