transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ross6144

Dean,

Sorry to hear that mate but I'm sure if you push them they will back down as general said get some civiy advice as alot of what the navy does is dodgey at the best of times.

Garry

• 2 weeks later...
Guest terrigary
Still waiting on case officer, was hoping to have heard before christmas but looks like it will be the new year now.

Garry

Hi

We were waiting for our visa in August/September time, completed everything, forms, medicals etc, we expected to be notified when we had a case officer nominated, but I think you only get notified if they need something else off you. I suddenly turned on the computer one morning, thinking they had forgotten us, and their it was!!!!!! So I shouldn't worry, I think it's a case of no news is good news. We leave on the 13th January!!!! getting scary now!!!! Good luck

Gary

Guest BridgetnAisea

hiya general 67 my husband went to the interview same time as u but i see u sent ur meds etc b4 interview can i ask at what stage did u hand in ur notice?

kind regards

Bridget

I submitted my notice when I received my terms of service. it was then about another 8 weeks until I got the labour agreement from the RAN, sent off for the ACPO (2 weeks), visa application went and then waited about 5 weeks to get a case officer. She then asked for a letter from my Captain saying I had been a good boy with no criminal convictions and for us to have our meds. had the meds in Tavistock on 22nd December and are waiting for them to process the blood tests etc and forward to the relevant department in oz, meds were really straight forward. I will be ringing Tavistock to see if they have sent the meds on Tuesday (2weeks gone then). so now just waiting for that to go through and hopefully get visa at mid / end Jan ? only time will tell. Ho is everything with your application?

Guest groovysun

First we would like to congratulate everyone who is leaving in January! Hope you love your new life in Oz!

We are only starting with the application so long way to go for us. My hubby is a submariner based in Scotland. I come from Czech Republic originally and assume it may take longer when it comes to visa bit for me! Our timeline is about 2 years really?! Hubby will be away couple of times this year so that won`t help!

I`ve read all 18 pages to see what is it all about. It was really nice to read all your stories! You were all very patient! The waiting will probably kill me!

We have a little toddler who loves outdoors so he should benefit if we manage to move!

Not so sure about spiders though! Are redbacks as common as they say? Lol

Anyway... it would be great if I can join this discussion!

Zuzana and Daz

Welcome to PIO, there is lots of info on transferring on this website, as I am sure you have found out........ There are lots of people at various stages of the move and everyone is always willing to offer help and assistance, it's a really good site. Welcome and I hope you find what you need.

Chris

Guest groovysun

Thank you general :)

I think I just want to make sure we are doing the right thing. It will be interesting to hear from all of you once you are there.

Guest gavngail

hi was just after some information on joining the ausy navy, iv'e been in the rn for nine years and im a killick awt, so not sure if you need to be a senior rate to join or if the entry level is at leading hand? if anyone can help out in any way what so ever i would be most greatful, many thanks, gav.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ross6144

Yes Visa has been granted today so everything is now a go. what a relief. have been on tender hooks for last two weeks waiting. should all be a go for June.

Yes Visa has been granted today so everything is now a go. what a relief. have been on tender hooks for last two weeks waiting. should all be a go for June.

Congratulations, just waiting for mine also, meds were sent from Tavistock last Thursday........ Just the waiting game now.

Congratulations, just waiting for mine also, meds were sent from Tavistock last Thursday........ Just the waiting game now.

Hey General

Whereabouts are you heading to in Australia ? We have been in Sydney since Sept 07 and our eldest daughter is, as I type this, staying with friends in Tavistock and hoping for a pastie for lunch. It's her first trip back home since moving here and she can't get over how dark the daytime seems !

Anyways good luck with the eventual move, any help we can give, let us know. Hubby is away until April searching for pirates but I can always forward on emails to him if you need any specific work related advice.

Cheers

Blondie

Hey General

Whereabouts are you heading to in Australia ? We have been in Sydney since Sept 07 and our eldest daughter is, as I type this, staying with friends in Tavistock and hoping for a pastie for lunch. It's her first trip back home since moving here and she can't get over how dark the daytime seems !

Anyways good luck with the eventual move, any help we can give, let us know. Hubby is away until April searching for pirates but I can always forward on emails to him if you need any specific work related advice.

Cheers

Blondie

Hey Blondie,

We are heading to Perth, well that's what we have asked for and they put Fleet base west on the TOS..... so that is where we are planning for.

Tavistock got a fair bit of snow in the last lot that hit the UK, Plymouth wasn't too bad, it only stuck for about 12 hours in the city. The boys missed 1 day from school and that was only down to lack of teachers, they were most peeved about that as the news was showing lots of schools closed.

What branch is your OH ? We are just waiting for the visa now, all the meds were sent to Sydney on 7th Jan, so it is purely down to however long the HOC take to give the tick in the box and then let immi send out our visas. We are desperately hoping to have them by the end of Jan as we want to try and get some dates organised with the RAN so I can work on the house and look round for a good reliable management company to rent the house out. Still feels like we should be doing something though !!!! Apart from watching WDU that is LOL.

Anyway, any recommends for things to sort or look out will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris :jiggy:

Guest AndyandBabs

Hello all

Contemplating whether to make the move, pensionable Oct 11. How long does the process take and when should I apply?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Andy

Guest AndyandBabs

Groovysun

Checked that already thanks, I was wondering if someone who has been through the process could offer advice/info.

Andy

Groovysun

Checked that already thanks, I was wondering if someone who has been through the process could offer advice/info.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I started the process Oct 2008 and hope to be going to Perth August This year. Most people you will talk to will tell you to expect the process to take about 18 months. It is very long and drawn out but I am told it is ultimately worth it all in the long run.

Chris

Guest groovysun

I am sorry Andy that I can not be much help. My husband only just sent off his application, diplomas etc. So we just have to wait to hear if they take him or not! x

Guest ross6144

Hi Andy,

The same as general said takes about 18months, there are times you will be really busy and then times you are just waiting. I started about Oct/Nov 08 and I have just got my Visa and I am now waiting for the girls in london to contact me reference flights etc, we are hoping to fly in June 10. Once you have applied on the RAN website you will get a yes we are interested e-mail you will then get a pack for you to complete medical, service history lots of paperwork etc if this all goes well you will then get TOS(terms of service).

If you want to konw any thing just drop me a PM.and I'll try and help.

Garry

Groovy,

Im always having doubts on wether to go or not. But the RN is not what it used to be. I love life in the RN, but the promotion is non existent now, due to the lack of ships and too many matelots. You also have to weigh up the quality of life you will have in Oz, which far out weighs the quality of life here. I have to keep reminding myself of that.

Have you been watching Phil from Location Location. He's doing a series on C4 called Phil down under. Its a good way of boosting your application moral.

Keep your chin up and keep up with the application. Its taken me a year just to get my Medical application through.

Meddy.

Archived