transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

Guest jeffner1974

Enjoy your journey over, hope it all goes smoothly.

see you on the other side! hope you've packed all your summer stuff as its hotting up nicely

jen

p.s, that spending is just the start of it ;o) [

QUOTE=ruby1;1936043302]Well that's us in London, really nice hotel but very expensive £60 for 2 sandwiches pizza and a couple of drinks think we will go to KFC for dinner. Fly out tomorrow night can't wait to just get settled arrive in perth Mon morning :xmas16:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enjoy your journey over, hope it all goes smoothly.

see you on the other side! hope you've packed all your summer stuff as its hotting up nicely

jen

p.s, that spending is just the start of it ;o) [

QUOTE=ruby1;1936043302]Well that's us in London, really nice hotel but very expensive £60 for 2 sandwiches pizza and a couple of drinks think we will go to KFC for dinner. Fly out tomorrow night can't wait to just get settled arrive in perth Mon morning :xmas16:

Hi Jen

ur not wrong about the spending $200 for dinner last night in the hotel, mac D's for dinner lol

Hi all,

I like this thread! We are in the process for a while and it looks like we(me, husband and two little kids) are moving to perth next year!

Good luck to all!

Hi EvelinS,

Hello and Welcome, this is an amazing thread and has helped us in the process no ends.

We are hoping to go to Perth next year too! We (me, Hubby and 2 littles too) We are just waiting for a case officer then the visa granted email. Not expecting anything now this side of Christmas :( But hoping they wont make us wait too long, although we know its their summer hols starting soon. If you want to chat pm me. :)

Hi all,

Well not long for me now - just over 4 weeks!

Can anyone tell me what I should be doing regarding HMRC?

I've trawled other sites and all I can see is I should be sending them a P85 notifying them of my intention to leave the UK.

Another bit of info for anyone leaving with their house for sale here in the UK as I am. Next year when the government change the rules on council tax I will be liable for 100% council tax on my house if it's still for sale. Regardless of it being empty & me no longer being a UK resident...mint.

Cheers,

John.

Hi all,

Well not long for me now - just over 4 weeks!

Can anyone tell me what I should be doing regarding HMRC?

I've trawled other sites and all I can see is I should be sending them a P85 notifying them of my intention to leave the UK.

Another bit of info for anyone leaving with their house for sale here in the UK as I am. Next year when the government change the rules on council tax I will be liable for 100% council tax on my house if it's still for sale. Regardless of it being empty & me no longer being a UK resident...mint.

Cheers,

John.

Hi John we had to take a hit on our house just to get it gone, glad we did, just some advice, the trip out here is very expensive and we have only just got the some of the money back, Singapore is very expensive we were $200 just for dinner, don't eat at the hotel in London £60 for 2 sandwiches a small pizza and drinks, and u need deposits at the hotel if u have any questions just give me a shout

Ruby

Hi, im new to this site but been reading through and looks very helpfull! We are currently in the process of transferring from RN to RAN (well my husband is) i have just left navy after 14yrs :)

My husband has recieved his LA, he has been given a date for joining on 8th may 2013 and we have applied for visas and had our medicals just waiting on visa's to be granted now so all was looking good but now the RN have said they cant give my husband early release as they haven't got a relief for him! has anyone else on here been in this situation and if so is there any other ways around getting out early to meet our start date??

Thanks, Jen

Hi, im new to this site but been reading through and looks very helpfull! We are currently in the process of transferring from RN to RAN (well my husband is) i have just left navy after 14yrs :)

My husband has recieved his LA, he has been given a date for joining on 8th may 2013 and we have applied for visas and had our medicals just waiting on visa's to be granted now so all was looking good but now the RN have said they cant give my husband early release as they haven't got a relief for him! has anyone else on here been in this situation and if so is there any other ways around getting out early to meet our start date??

Thanks, Jen

Hi Jen,

We are awaiting visas being granted too, The RAN were ok with us moving our joining date back so Hubby didnt have to ask for early release, as he had already been told by RN they wouldnt give him early realease and were going to make his life hell once his notice went in (which yes they are doing!). Maybe contact RAN and ask if they can facilitate a later date we are going 22/08/13 Visas permitting. PM me if you want to chat. Good luck and I hope you hear something soon. I am sure someone will come along with the answer to early release to save you having to postpone.

Jen

p.s looks like there are a lot of us 'Jen's' going to be in Oz!!!!

Hi Guys,We are also going on 22/08/13, I didn't even bother trying for early release, I knew what the answer would have been!!! We are sat waiting for the Visa now, applied in August and took them 3 months to even get me on the system so we could have medicals done! Just a case of waiting now, does anybody know of anyone who applied under the new Visa (After July) who has actually been granted it yet??The last Email I got from Parramatta had a 9 month estimate to get the Visa, which will put us in May, I really hope its not that long!! Also did anyone get any confirmation that the medicals had been received over there? The E-Visa system has not changed since the day I paid for the Visa in August, so I'm not sure if it even shows up on there.Good luck to you all!!!

Hi Guys,We are also going on 22/08/13, I didn't even bother trying for early release, I knew what the answer would have been!!! We are sat waiting for the Visa now, applied in August and took them 3 months to even get me on the system so we could have medicals done! Just a case of waiting now, does anybody know of anyone who applied under the new Visa (After July) who has actually been granted it yet??The last Email I got from Parramatta had a 9 month estimate to get the Visa, which will put us in May, I really hope its not that long!! Also did anyone get any confirmation that the medicals had been received over there? The E-Visa system has not changed since the day I paid for the Visa in August, so I'm not sure if it even shows up on there.Good luck to you all!!!

Hi,

Yes I know someone who applied under the new visa and got granted October I think it was.

We applied september, it took the 8 weeks to reply to an email querying the fact one of our children was on the health form and the other one was on the visa summery but neither one was on both if that makes sense. They did after a phone call send us the health form to get medicals done after 3 weeks ( I rang to say hubby was off to sea) which is when the problem occured, and our baby's medical had to go by courier as she wasnt given an electronic e health id. When they finally replied (after 8weeks from original email 3 phone calls and a further 4 emails Yes I am a pain in the bum!) They emailed to say that it was fine they had both childrens details it was there mistake and there was a 6-8month wait on visas being granted. Our application was in the pile waiting to be allocated a case officer. Finger crossed it doesnt take that long.

I have also heard it doesnt take long once you have a CO, and they recieve any paper work they want.

Its just a pain now that we all have to wait till after our Christmas/their summer hols before we will hear anything, and lets hope we dont have to wait too long!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My OH has had is COS and LA come through and we were given what we needed to start the visa process. We have paid for that now and just in the process of attaching the required documents. One thing that i have read on here is that people have had to wait to be told when to begin the medicals. Im looking on are application now and there is a link to organize them. Here's hoping it doesn't take to long.

Kim

Hi all,

My OH has had is COS and LA come through and we were given what we needed to start the visa process. We have paid for that now and just in the process of attaching the required documents. One thing that i have read on here is that people have had to wait to be told when to begin the medicals. Im looking on are application now and there is a link to organize them. Here's hoping it doesn't take to long.

Kim

Hi Kim,

Congrats on COS and LA :)

You will need an e-health id number to get your medicals done. Some places will allow you to book medicals and bring the e-health id with you others (Edinburgh) require this to book the medicals in the first instance. I would give your nearest panel doctor a call and see what they say. But It would seem that once medicals/police checks are done it doesnt take too long at all. Make sure when you recieve the confirmation email from DIAC they have all your details correct as we had a few problems with ours which although we have completed everything docs/medicals/police checks, due to an error made by DIAC our daughters medical had to be couriered out to them rather than electronically so we have a delay in the processing of our visa (ARGH!).

Police checks and medicals are only valid for a year, so you have to enter Australia whilst they are still in date or complete new medicals.

Good Luck with your medicals.

Jen

Thankyou, Its all moving so fast, he had his COS come through in 2 weeks and the his LA a week after.

Do they contact me when i have been given a e-health ID number. Is it an absolute must or will some doctors do the medicals without the number, if that makes sense? We will be sending are police checks off in the next few days. Have you completed this online visa application or did you do the paper version?

Thanks

Kim

Thankyou, Its all moving so fast, he had his COS come through in 2 weeks and the his LA a week after.

Do they contact me when i have been given a e-health ID number. Is it an absolute must or will some doctors do the medicals without the number, if that makes sense? We will be sending are police checks off in the next few days. Have you completed this online visa application or did you do the paper version?

Thanks

Kim

We have done the on line e visa application, The e-health id is a must so that the medicals can be linked to you application, some places will allow you to book your medical appointment without it BUT you must have it at your appointment. They will send you an email with the information on it you need including e-health id. Ours came through in the same email as visa summary, but this is where we then had problems as we had 1 child on visa summary and the other child on e health document but neither children on both!.

Be patient, DIAC arent always in a hurry to get in touch it took them 8 weeks (6 emails and 3 phone calls) to respond to my original email about why both my children werent on all the paperwork! In which time because 3 of us had e-health id's the done our daughters but had to be couriered which is now holding us up :(. We had our medicals done back in October.

Whe is your Hubby's aspirational joining date? at the moment DIAC are suggesting a 6-8month wait BUT I know someone that it has only taken 12 weeks to get their visas.

ANy questions ask away

OK thank you, I'll wait until i get that email before i book our medicals, did you just upload as much as you could for the recommended stuff?

Kim

Yes we did, its a pain as you have to fill in a little box for everything you upload. Trying to fit something into a category that isnt specifically for that is hard but you will get there and its worth it in the end! Happy uploading.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thought i'd let anyone know who is waiting for a Visa that someone i've been in contact with has just received his. He applied under the new scheme in early July, so has taken about six months to get it. Fingers crossed I should get mine in the next month as I applied August. He also said that the E-Visa website never changes from "Application Received", so for those of us who have been checking it every day its probably a waste of time!! Fingers crossed we will all have some good news soon, I really hate the waiting.

Hi All,

Thought i'd let anyone know who is waiting for a Visa that someone i've been in contact with has just received his. He applied under the new scheme in early July, so has taken about six months to get it. Fingers crossed I should get mine in the next month as I applied August. He also said that the E-Visa website never changes from "Application Received", so for those of us who have been checking it every day its probably a waste of time!! Fingers crossed we will all have some good news soon, I really hate the waiting.

We are still waiting too, applied September, I heard that someone who applied October was granted Visa Christmas eve, they are now going May! Totally with you on the waiting its like living in limbo and its horrible. I have to say I have given up checking the state of application due to the dissapointment of nothing changing and not always uploading which is frustrating so I have given up. Have to be honest given up on getting up early to check emails too, as it will still be there when I get up and I cant shout it from the rooftops at stupid o'clock.

Here is hoping we hear soon, and hopefully meet you RCplus3 at the airport in August!!!

Hi everyone, we are new to the site in the process of transferring from RN to RAN my husband has just sent all his medicals off and said it would be about a 3 week turn around before we here anything. So next is the visas can anyone help? The website doesn't make it clear which one we need to apply for when it's time, do we all need separate visas they look like they are 3060 aus dollars or can my son (15) and I travel on my husbands visa. Thanks everyone can't wait for things to move on

Debbs

Guest jeffner1974

hi,

welcome aboard :o) we made it over to Oz in august last year, loving it. feels like a lifetime ago that we done our visa app and i know it has changed now (we had to fill out paper app) however i'm sure it'll be the same visa type - labour agreement (LA subclass 120) your husband should (if not already) get his COS, sign and send that back, then he'll recieve the labour agreement which gives the go ahead to apply for the visa. you will all go on the same visa under your hubby, as he is the main applicant. so it will be the one payment, it is worth having a look on visa wizard (google it) and start gathering info, checking passports ect.

there are a few folk on here that have recently went through it, i'm sure they'll keep you right on the new visa process.

good luck with it all, but be warned, things can sometimes take a lot longer than the estimated turn around. i hope you've bags of patience :o) but IMHO it is def worth it.

jen x

Thanks Jen, we are prepared for the wait had a good idea it takes a long time to be honest was expecting the visa's to take 6-8 mionths so anythng less is a bonus. It's taken us ages to get to this stage as my husband was at sea so everything seems to have taken a life time. Ill keep my post updated as things happen. Any other advise you may have will be greatly recieved,

thanks Debbie

Guest jeffner1974
Thanks Jen, we are prepared for the wait had a good idea it takes a long time to be honest was expecting the visa's to take 6-8 mionths so anythng less is a bonus. It's taken us ages to get to this stage as my husband was at sea so everything seems to have taken a life time. Ill keep my post updated as things happen. Any other advise you may have will be greatly recieved,

thanks Debbie

other than lots of patience, get as organised as you can at your end for the next stages.

Make the most of this time with family and friends.

And start clearing out the loft (we left it till last min and was bedlam lol!)

Jen x

Thanks Jen, we are prepared for the wait had a good idea it takes a long time to be honest was expecting the visa's to take 6-8 mionths so anythng less is a bonus. It's taken us ages to get to this stage as my husband was at sea so everything seems to have taken a life time. Ill keep my post updated as things happen. Any other advise you may have will be greatly recieved,!

thanks Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Welcome!

We have applied using the on line application system. We are just waiting for our visas to be granted. You want to apply for the ENS 186 visa. We werent sure which one but answered all the questions on visa wizard and thats the one it gave us.

Good luck, any questions just ask. As Jen said be prepared to wait, jump through hoops and have bucket loads of patience, they really are in no hurry!

Jen:biggrin:

Hi Jen, thanks for the info if you don't mind me asking how much did the visa's cost? Thanks deb

$3060 which converted to approx £2100 give or take for exchange rate. Do you mind me asking where you are based? My OH is on Astute.

Archived