transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

Guest gavnicjacflo
You might regret saying that LOL. Thank you am sure there will be lots of questions. We have been looking at visa paperwork and it seems repetitive!

Sure is, you answer all the question again in form 80 aswell !!!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi,

i think the time your visa is valid from is when your police checks medicals were/are done (it seems to tie in with our dates wehave to be in oz by start of november) it's worth remembering that these don't take long to sort out so don't need to be done right away wait till yor ready to lodge visa.

it is very repetitive, you'll be sick looking at your name and address by the time you're done.

can't answer your question about handing in notice as OH was time done as well. but i think once you get your TOS the jobs his and unless you have some major stuff going on ie, been in jail or major medical issues (not even sure about this) then you should have no probs with your visa.

how long have you got left to go now? hope your keeping well

Gav, wow, 9 days! it's coming round really fast (for the rest of us anyway, not sure how it's going for you :o))

we're in a wee lull. just cleaning/selling/clearing out stuff. the house is starting to look bigger now lol! the dog is all booked up with the shipper. just waiting on rabies test coming back, hopefully tomorrow.

jen x

Hi Jen,

Just had email to say they want us to go 17th AUgust 2012 Hahaha> Hubby still has his 12months notice to give and I feel that would really put the pressure on! they have suggested 10th Jan13 which is a bit more do able I guess, but its still the notice, and Hubby's drafty is being major difficult and saying he is going to make him do his 12 months:(.

So I am going to negotiate with them, seeing as we would be looking at April earliest (notice period) and our son will still have 2 months ish left at pre school I am going to ask for a July round about date to allow our son to complete pre school. I realise that the education system is completely different in Perth, but I think he will benefit from completeing the year here, or at least the majority of it.

So anyway it looks like its all systems go and start selling stuff etc, just to be prepared for what ever date.

Jen forgive me I have forgotten are you going to Perth too? (Baby brain stops me remembering a lot at the moment). If so maybe we will see you there next year

Neenie

Guest jeffner1974

i still blame everything on baby brain and my youngest is 2 lol!

yes it's perth that we're going to, so will def keep in touch. i felt like that when we were given march as a date. it was our visa that held it up but still felt very pressured i'm sure they'll be able to move your date, they did for us.

i wouldn't worry to much about the school thing, they'll adapt fine. i've been panicking about my daughter as she'll probably go back 1.5 years in school but the more i read into it the more i'm thinking that she'll be fine it's not such a problem.

good luck selling, clearing. my house has never been so tidy lol!

jen x

Just a quick question for those that have already gone to Oz,

How long do the visas last once they have been granted?

And (sorry I know I said a quick question!) do you hand notice in when you recieve TOS (I get the impression most people have done this) or when you get LA or Visas. Would love to hear all opinions.

Thanks everyone :)

Hi when u receive your visa it is valid for a year. That means that u have to enter the country b4 that year is up. Hope this helps

Anita and Dougie :rolleyes:

Guest gavnicjacflo
Hi when u receive your visa it is valid for a year. That means that u have to enter the country b4 that year is up. Hope this helps

Anita and Dougie :rolleyes:

Ours was granted 22/12/2011 and must be in country by 27/09/2012 this was on the letter and printed on our visa label which is only 9 months give or take

Guest jeffner1974

Hi, ours is the same Gav. we got ours granted in feb and have to be in Oz by start of nov2012. we had our police checks /medicals done at the start of nov 11. this is what makes me think they take the time from then. Maybe wrong but our visa def isn't valid for a year

Hi, ours is the same Gav. we got ours granted in feb and have to be in Oz by start of nov2012. we had our police checks /medicals done at the start of nov 11. this is what makes me think they take the time from then. Maybe wrong but our visa def isn't valid for a year

Hi all I know is that we did all this 3 years ago and we got told by immigration, that you get a year. Everyone who came out with us where told the same. Maybe some needs to ring immigration up.I just asked my other friend whos been here 4 months, and they had a year. Dont know what else to say. Your also lucky to get your visa's so early we didnt get ours until 6 weeks b4 we flew here.

Good luck to you all

Anita

Well we recieved an email this morning, saying yes they would accomodate us leaving next August 2013, so gives Hubby chance to put in notice, our son to finish pre-school and us to have a bigger pot of pennies for coming out. It also takes the pressure off me trying to turn everything around in 5 months, and to tackle the visa forms which I am not looking forward too!

She also mentioned the delegate that reads and signs the Conditions of Service is away for the week so we wont recieve them for a couple of weeks but everything is looking so positive now. Just got to get rid of these pesky bugs so we pass our medicals (i know a cold wont stop us) and get our Visas granted.

Cant believe its all coming together and we were able to change enlistment date.

Well we recieved an email this morning, saying yes they would accomodate us leaving next August 2013, so gives Hubby chance to put in notice, our son to finish pre-school and us to have a bigger pot of pennies for coming out. It also takes the pressure off me trying to turn everything around in 5 months, and to tackle the visa forms which I am not looking forward too!

She also mentioned the delegate that reads and signs the Conditions of Service is away for the week so we wont recieve them for a couple of weeks but everything is looking so positive now. Just got to get rid of these pesky bugs so we pass our medicals (i know a cold wont stop us) and get our Visas granted.

Cant believe its all coming together and we were able to change enlistment date.

Hi neenie

We received an email mon morning saying my application was ready in all respects to do my conditions of service but they are looking at the way they assess technical ratings qualifications so i don't know if this will delay things even more, it's so frustrating we have gone from being told we will have COS by beginning of Jan to it now being march and still no COS, I am going to phone tonight to get a better understanding about the qual assessment issue

Hi neenie

We received an email mon morning saying my application was ready in all respects to do my conditions of service but they are looking at the way they assess technical ratings qualifications so i don't know if this will delay things even more, it's so frustrating we have gone from being told we will have COS by beginning of Jan to it now being march and still no COS, I am going to phone tonight to get a better understanding about the qual assessment issue

Hi Ruby,

That is very similar to our medical docs situation, I totally understand how you feel. We were at the point of saying stuff it so glad we didnt as its what we really want. I am under no illusions this could take longer than a couple of weeks. We are just happy to have a date now and know we are proceeding.

I have just recieved another email from Wendy saying how pleased she is that we are finally at COS stage its only taken a year!

At least we now have time to sort everything out this end with out trying to rush it all through in 5 months.

Hope you hear something soon.

Hi neenie

Hi There,

I am currently having issues here with the RAN (being here 6 months as an POMT) regarding Tech Quals. When you get here you need to re-submit evidence of every qualification you have got from the RN and send it to HMAS Cerberus, so it gets recognised on PMKeys, a process called RPL (recognised prior learning). I have done this but they have started to ask for more work experience evidence (task books maybe?)! So if you find out anything let me know and I will do likewise because I think this may become an issue for many of us!

Steve

Ok, so new update, applied in the beginning of Jan, just got a message back saying that they are going to send my COS, and in the meantime I have to send in my medical docs and dental stuff.

Quick question, does anyone know where I am most likely to be based as a PWO- are there certain courses that need to be taken first as soon as I get out there?

Thanks!

Hi There,

I am currently having issues here with the RAN (being here 6 months as an POMT) regarding Tech Quals. When you get here you need to re-submit evidence of every qualification you have got from the RN and send it to HMAS Cerberus, so it gets recognised on PMKeys, a process called RPL (recognised prior learning). I have done this but they have started to ask for more work experience evidence (task books maybe?)! So if you find out anything let me know and I will do likewise because I think this may become an issue for many of us!

Steve

Just wondered why ur doing it. I have been here 3 years, and never bothered to do it. It does not entitle you to more wages, or better promotion.

Are they now saying that new LATS have got to do this.

Thanks Dougie

Hi Dougie,

Its not for my benefit, the RAN want me to RPL my qualifications, then tell me I need work experience evidence! I think its different for us MTs in Submarines as the job is completely different (Nuke boat - Diesel). I am not sure what LATs do now as it seems to change every six months! The thing is, you think your done jumping through hoops when you get here, then you find out the RAN have a few more hoops up there sleeve waiting for you!

Thanks Steve

Guest gavnicjacflo
Hi Dougie,

Its not for my benefit, the RAN want me to RPL my qualifications, then tell me I need work experience evidence! I think its different for us MTs in Submarines as the job is completely different (Nuke boat - Diesel). I am not sure what LATs do now as it seems to change every six months! The thing is, you think your done jumping through hoops when you get here, then you find out the RAN have a few more hoops up there sleeve waiting for you!

Thanks Steve

Steve I guess hoops are better than the pineapples the RN uses !!! lol

Hi neenie

Hi Ruby,

Did you have any luck with your phone call?

They havent mentioned anything to us about assessing technical ratings qualifications. If they are going to hope its soon. We did have another email from Wendy confirming our enlistment date and saying how pleased she is to have us at this stage.

So I think we will just wait and see what happens, we have however started practising the visa forms LOL.

Guest jeffner1974

Gav & Nic,

Not long now eh? how are you all feeling? I just wanted to wish you luck for your journey (i know you still have a day or so till you go but just in casei missed yous on here)

I'm looking forward to hearing all about the next step of the move (and of course Disneyland Hongkong) once you get there.

Bon Voyage

jen x

Guest gavnicjacflo

Thanks everyone,

We are now in the hotel ready for bed the last few days have been emotional and tiring but we are glad to be here. The airline is going to make some money out of us tommorrow excess baggage!!!!! we will update you as we go !!!

two cups of tea in the hotel £12.30 yes £12.30

Thanks everyone,

We are now in the hotel ready for bed the last few days have been emotional and tiring but we are glad to be here. The airline is going to make some money out of us tommorrow excess baggage!!!!! we will update you as we go !!!

two cups of tea in the hotel £12.30 yes £12.30

OMG day light robbery and will occur again at the airport, BUT well worth it.

Enjoy Guys and Gals, take care, your new life and a great adventure starts here:biggrin: x

OMG day light robbery and will occur again at the airport, BUT well worth it.

Enjoy Guys and Gals, take care, your new life and a great adventure starts here:biggrin: x

Hi just got an email this morning confirming an enlistment date of 10th jan 2013 and i should get my COS in the next 2-3 weeks we as so excited now we need to go warp speed to get police checks medicals and visa's, I was beginning to think I was going to get a No, what a relief.:biggrin:

Hi just got an email this morning confirming an enlistment date of 10th jan 2013 and i should get my COS in the next 2-3 weeks we as so excited now we need to go warp speed to get police checks medicals and visa's, I was beginning to think I was going to get a No, what a relief.:biggrin:

Congratulations but take it from me nothing moves at light speed with this process; you have plenty of time before you do the police checks then eventually apply for the visa.

Guest gavnicjacflo

Congratulations dont worry about the police checks ,medicals etc comes togthere all in the last four months.

Archived