transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

I am sure we will see you there, but I really am not going to try and turn us all around for August, and Hubby hasnt handed in notice yet. I would like to let our son finish his pre school year in June'13 but realise this may not be possible. We will just have to go when they tell us too.

Good luck with everything for you and your family, and maybe we can have a barbie when we finally get to Perth!

Neenie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gavnicjacflo
good news! extra shopping time!!:wink:

jen remember your only entitled to 30kg and you have all that stopover shopping to do aswell, Nic's going to hurt my pocket!!!!

Guest jeffner1974
jen remember your only entitled to 30kg and you have all that stopover shopping to do aswell, Nic's going to hurt my pocket!!!!

could always get it delivered :wink:

Does anyone know what visa we need to apply for? Labour Agreement stuff has two listed on it - Subclasses 121 and subclasses 119.

from my email:

Please find attached your Labour Agreement approval, this will allow you to apply for your Australian Permanent Residency Visa (Sub-Class 120, Form 47ES - website http://www.immi.gov.au). The completed forms should be sent directly to the DIAC Office in Parramatta. Always use this address as couriers have trouble locating the office at the street address.

Department of Immigration and citizenship

GPO Box 9984

Sydney NSW 2001

AUSTRALIA

although reading through the forum other people have also submitted forms 1221 and 80 - they're all on the Australian visa website.

can any 1 help me I have just heard back from Wendy Hughes and she has said she has received advice from the cat manager and they reccomend my application proceed. They have also offered the rank of AB with 2yrs seniority. Does this mean I have to complete 10 yrs to get to my half pension. I am currently an LET WE(SM) and have done 8 years. Is this a good offer and is this my TOS or does this follow and should I now put my notice in to the RN any help would be great.

oops belay my last.......There was an administrative error so Im back to the waiting for a LA stage....

Same for us too, apparently a new type of letter has confused things. Although it sound like its just a formality anyway. She reckons about three weeks wait now.

can any 1 help me I have just heard back from Wendy Hughes and she has said she has received advice from the cat manager and they reccomend my application proceed. They have also offered the rank of AB with 2yrs seniority. Does this mean I have to complete 10 yrs to get to my half pension. I am currently an LET WE(SM) and have done 8 years. Is this a good offer and is this my TOS or does this follow and should I now put my notice in to the RN any help would be great.

Hey Jock.

That is the same stage that I was at in November, it took another two months to get the actual TOS through for me, but its a good indication that you will get a job offer.

I'm not sure about pension, Ive not really looked into the pension too much yet, probably should!!

As far as it being a good offer or not depends on what you want out of it, I think the two year seniority means you are eligable for promotion but couldn't tell you how long you will have to wait for it.

If I was you I would wait at least until you get your TOS before putting in notice, don't want to be left with no job. Once you've got TOS the rest seems to be a formaility, just a waiting game. You can set a joining date with Wendy Hughes once you get TOS as well.

I'm going out August next year so am not putting notice in until as late as possible due losing SM pay etc.

Hope it all works out for you, just remember - PATIENCE!!!!!!

RC you will need this form http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47es.pdf and we also sent forms 80 and 1221 and had no issues with our visa the visa you should apply for is sub class 120 labour agreement.

Thanks for that, we've sorted it all out now. The LA letter was a bit vague!! Just getting all the forms together now, looks like a bit of a nightmare. We are quite lucky as we've got plenty of time before we go.

Jock

I would advise you research the Aussie Navy website re pensions.

All the 2 year seniority means is that you'll be 2 years ahead of an AB who joined their Navy at the same time. This will probably count towards promotion though, as usually in the RN you need at least 3 years in the rate before being considered for promotion.

The TOS specifies (amongst other things) the amount of time you have to serve (usually 6 years), and the courses you have to do. After the TOS you need to obtain a Labour Agreement then finally a visa...these take months, its a long process.

Personally I would wait for the visa before submitting my notice, as receiving a TOS does not guarantee a visa.

Hope this helps.

Guest jock1

thanks for the answers on my last thread. I have another question now Im currently waiting on my TOS from Wendy Hughes. What happens about visas do I sort this or do they do it for me and who pays.

Guest gavnicjacflo
thanks for the answers on my last thread. I have another question now Im currently waiting on my TOS from Wendy Hughes. What happens about visas do I sort this or do they do it for me and who pays.

Jock you sort your own visa out, it is a visa subclass 120 labour agreement you download it from the DIAC website form 47es if you look back on the thread theres plenty of links to it. It cost about 2000 dollars which you pay up front and get back when you join.

I was,nt to sure if I should put this on here, but I have spoken to a few people that are coming over to Sydney this year and I really think you should read this. I would hate to live somewhere that was not safe for my family and myself. This is from another gruop on my facebook. Its called defence families. This place is 5 mins from maroubra. I love it there for a day out, I must say.

.We have been living in a DHA townhouse in Matraville (Combles Pde to be exact!) for the past 18 months. In this time, this complex has experienced numerous robberies, break and enters, hit-and-runs, an attempted murder, four drug raids (I'm sure there's more I don't know about!), smashed windows, used needles scattered along lawns, a street brawl and many cars... broken into. This street used to be full of DHA families. After much to'ing and fro'ing with DHA, all families were given permission to leave the street and find a new DHA house at their own expense. We are the last original family to leave the street as we will be moving to another suburb in 3 weeks. Unfortunately, our house was broken into two days ago so we never ended up escaping the street ...before we were directly effected. What shits me is that DHA are CONTINUING to fill the empty townhouses with new Defence couples and families without telling them about the issues in the street. My new neighbours (Navy) moved in two weeks ago and have already had their belongings stolen... TWICE. DHA are now telling them they are allowed to move again, but at their own expense. I cannot stress enough... DO NOT MOVE TO MATRAVILLE IF YOU ARE POSTED TO SYDNEY. DHA's only priority is to fill the townhouses with tennants and collect the rent. They have absolutely no concern for the people moving in. I am SO MAD at the way this whole situation has been handled!!

Just a quick question for those that have already gone to Oz,

How long do the visas last once they have been granted?

And (sorry I know I said a quick question!) do you hand notice in when you recieve TOS (I get the impression most people have done this) or when you get LA or Visas. Would love to hear all opinions.

Thanks everyone :)

Guest gavnicjacflo

And (sorry I know I said a quick question!) do you hand notice in when you recieve TOS (I get the impression most people have done this) or when you get LA or Visas. Would love to hear all opinions.

From our Visa been granted we have 10 months in which we must enter Australia. Cant answer your question on putting your notice in because I am time done. We fly in 9 days woohoo.

How very exciting, Good luck, where are you off to?

We are awaiting TOS then all being well Perth, once LA and Visas sorted.

Many Thanks for your help, hope someone can help me with my other question.

Happy and safe Travels to you and your family :)

Guest gavnicjacflo
How very exciting, Good luck, where are you off to?

We are awaiting TOS then all being well Perth, once LA and Visas sorted.

Many Thanks for your help, hope someone can help me with my other question.

Happy and safe Travels to you and your family :)

Perth, so if you got any question just ask the visa bit is not too bad just a lot of questions!!

Perth, so if you got any question just ask the visa bit is not too bad just a lot of questions!!
You might regret saying that LOL. Thank you am sure there will be lots of questions. We have been looking at visa paperwork and it seems repetitive!

Guest jeffner1974

hi,

i think the time your visa is valid from is when your police checks medicals were/are done (it seems to tie in with our dates wehave to be in oz by start of november) it's worth remembering that these don't take long to sort out so don't need to be done right away wait till yor ready to lodge visa.

it is very repetitive, you'll be sick looking at your name and address by the time you're done.

can't answer your question about handing in notice as OH was time done as well. but i think once you get your TOS the jobs his and unless you have some major stuff going on ie, been in jail or major medical issues (not even sure about this) then you should have no probs with your visa.

how long have you got left to go now? hope your keeping well

Gav, wow, 9 days! it's coming round really fast (for the rest of us anyway, not sure how it's going for you :o))

we're in a wee lull. just cleaning/selling/clearing out stuff. the house is starting to look bigger now lol! the dog is all booked up with the shipper. just waiting on rabies test coming back, hopefully tomorrow.

jen x

Archived