transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

they pick up your air and sea freight on the same up lift and just to make us pull our hair out a little more they coming a day earlier tuesday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where's the Jeyes

Hi wow things have certainly moved quickly for you guys. Just a quickie question what do you take as air freight? biy silly but trying to get things bit organised to be way ahead of the game.

very excited for you.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone

been off and on this site loads but now we're at a stage of reading everything, we have got tos being sent to us to sign and Wendy Hughes has said she can't apply/sort labour agreement til march as contracts are being changed. Any ideas if this may affect getting it?? Also Do we leave Medicals and police checks til we get labour agreement??

OH is going out as POET Submariner anyone else the same?

Rach

Hello! Visa approved, we now know for sure that we are going to Sydney for sure, great news for us. I am after any information people can give me on the best suburbs to live and primary schools in their opinions.

Also did anybody take any wicker over? Did you ave to paint it before you shipped it? Are they very strict on this? My wicker is pre treated but do they require any specific evidence of this? Thanks hope you are all well and moves going smoothly.

Thanks Sophie.

Guest jeffner1974
Hello! Visa approved, we now know for sure that we are going to Sydney for sure, great news for us. I am after any information people can give me on the best suburbs to live and primary schools in their opinions.

Also did anybody take any wicker over? Did you ave to paint it before you shipped it? Are they very strict on this? My wicker is pre treated but do they require any specific evidence of this? Thanks hope you are all well and moves going smoothly.

Thanks Sophie.

Morning

Cngratulations on your visa!!!! when are you going over?

we had our pre-move survey from pickfords before xmas and was told wicker was a no no! though we have painted wicker baskets in bathroom and these are ok, but i have to leave my xmas tree star as it's made of twigs, even thogh it's been sprayed with glitter glue stuff.

i'd sugggest contacting pickfords to get your survey done. they'll be able to tell you what you can and can't take

sorry i can't help with the schools question as we're going to perth but i'm sure someone will be on soon. also there are the forums on here for each individual state/territory on here which have been really helpful. i'm also up to my eyes in school researching.

good luck and keep us posted.

Nic, how's the packing going?

still no visa here as we're still waiting for our co to get back to his desk but got all the bumff through the post telling us to contact portmans to provisionally book ravel arragements

jen x

Guest jeffner1974
Hi everyone

been off and on this site loads but now we're at a stage of reading everything, we have got tos being sent to us to sign and Wendy Hughes has said she can't apply/sort labour agreement til march as contracts are being changed. Any ideas if this may affect getting it?? Also Do we leave Medicals and police checks til we get labour agreement??

OH is going out as POET Submariner anyone else the same?

Rach

Hi Rach,

I'd say hold off with the police checks / medicals till the labour agreement is through and you start filling out the visa, These don't take long to get done (police checks can be back within a fortnight and meds just depend on getting an appointment. your meds get sent direct to visa people anyway. this also takes a couple of weeks)

They are only valid for a year, so hold off till you need them. Start gathering all the other info you need though, make sure passports up to date, get passport pics, you need a few. birth certificates, ect.

we did a rough draught of visa beforehand to make sure we had everything.

since my earlier post, just checked emails and co has responded so hopefully the ball is back in motion and we'll here something soon.

jen x

Hi Jen

Yes I guess we'll be on the same flight if it all comes to fruition!

I'm waiting for my labour agreement but in the meantime I've started filling out the visa form, need to get a colleague (CPO) to certify the copies of documents required - hope this should be ok.

Ive also sent off for my police checks, and starting to empty the loft/cupboards of junk, in fact I gave away an old bed (Plymouth Freecycle) last night.

Also researching on renting my house out, will put it totally in the hands of an agent, trying to decide which are the best rental agents in Plymouth.

Must admit the waiting kills me.....

hubby just checked his email and have one from wendy hughes saying that we are on the august 17th enlistment now WOOHOO!! saying pretty much the same as yours vulturekillerone. does that mean we're moving buddies?

this emigrating malarky sure keeps you on your toes!

jen x

:biggrin:Hello!! Wow looks like some of us maybe going on the same day. We have been given the date of 17th Aug. Have been sending some e-mails out to very helpful contact in Sydney about places to live. So good having people to give you ideas. Thanks for the heads up on the wicker I will get sorted with it all soon I am sure. We will be getting our survey with removals at the beginning of March. Cannot come soon enough with this cold weather.

Glad that everybody else is moving forward with the process too. Thanks for the advise. Keep any interesting snippets coming......

Sophie x

Guest gavnicjacflo

Well the packing is finished and I have got to say Pickfords have done a great job, If you're planning to go Aug/Sept seriously start thinking " cleaning " early !!! We sorted out our air freight and stacked it in the dining room. We packed stuff which would allow us to move into the DHA place until our sea freight turns up, we were entitled to 16 boxes but they packed it into 9, the guys from Pickfords packed the air freight last and anything that doesn't fit gets to go sea freight we thought we would be over our 16 boxes. We have managed to get on to homefind, this is the site which allows you to look at available places at the moment theres none. They booked the temporary accomadation for six weeks, we are staying at the Rockingham Beach side apartments hotel. This seems a popular place as others have stayed there before.

Guest jeffner1974

a weekend of clearing out awaits!!!

Nic, can i ask, what/where are you living with between now and going? did you send all your house stuff? we are sending everything we can, so leaving it till the last possible minute. then scrounge off the in-laws for the last couple of weeks.

any of you taking pets?

jen x

Guest gavnicjacflo

Jen

They leave you with the suitcases you're taking with you, so we are living with the in laws, they took our belongings two weeks early because we got the builders in on monday so we didn't want the house covered in dust after all the cleaning Nic's done.

They like to take your belongings approximately one month before you fly.

a weekend of clearing out awaits!!!

Nic, can i ask, what/where are you living with between now and going? did you send all your house stuff? we are sending everything we can, so leaving it till the last possible minute. then scrounge off the in-laws for the last couple of weeks.

any of you taking pets?

jen x

Guest Tony Heppenstall
:biggrin:Hello!! Wow looks like some of us maybe going on the same day. We have been given the date of 17th Aug. Have been sending some e-mails out to very helpful contact in Sydney about places to live. So good having people to give you ideas. Thanks for the heads up on the wicker I will get sorted with it all soon I am sure. We will be getting our survey with removals at the beginning of March. Cannot come soon enough with this cold weather.

Glad that everybody else is moving forward with the process too. Thanks for the advise. Keep any interesting snippets coming......

Sophie x

Hi Sophie,

We are going to Sydney on Aug 17th, so may be on the same flight? Do you know where the stop over we get is? All this waiting is cracking me up.

We have started packing and cleaning already, as have a baby due in April, and want to get as much done as possible, before he or she is born.

Now I know about the wicker, I have been getting rid of a few bits. We have been speaking Anita on the forum, who has been a great help with info on where to live.

Is it yourself, or your husband, who is starting the Oz navy? My husband is a PO ME.

Thanks Emma x

Hiya Emma,

Yeah my hubby is joining the RAN. Not sure about the stop over yet will be interested to see where the stop over is. Yeah looking forward to going now it has been a long time in the making.

Anita has been really helpful always with advise on the forum. She has a lovely house in Sydney. Great to know some people going over the same time as us. Not long now, it will come around so quickly.

We have the wicker thing sorted and getting all the bits together for car boots etc. My hubby has some time off at the moment after deployment so am setting him lots of jobs lol!

Keep me up to date with your info, look forward to meeting you soon. Sophie x

Guest gavnicjacflo

Hi all,

Hi Jen, any news on visa.

Well just a quick update, 5 weeks to go. We have managed to secure a house on the DHA website, it is in Rockingham 15mins from Garden Island. A bit better than Gav's hour and a half commute at the moment. Liz and Steve very kindly had a nosey around for us and emailed some lovely photos of the surrounding area. The nerves are starting to kick in but also very excited, it is starting to feel a bit more real now we have a house reserved.

I am definately fed up wearing the same old clothes, it's a bit cold to wear my suitcase full of summer gear. We are also missing our lovely king size bed, at the moment we are sleeping in my sisters 4 foot bed and to top it off Florence has chicken pox and has been creeping in with us. Well at least she has them now and not in 5 weeks time.

Hope everyone's progressing well with their journey to Oz, all those months of waiting will hopefully be worth it. Bring on the sunshine.

Guest jeffner1974

morning,

no visa yet, waiting on certified docs coming back to us, then forward them to DIAC then hopefully wont be long. so glad we got our date moved. i'd be a wreck by now.

5 weeks will fly in and you'll soon be wearing all the summer clothes and ditching the winter baggies, so excited for you. are you def doing disney land in hongkong? you'll need to let us know how it goes. that could be a possible for us if that's our stop off.

nightmare re the chicken pox but like you say, better it does it's rounds now and get it over with. a friend of mine had to put back her move to Dhubai cause her lo's were covered in them.

at the moment we're just doing a little as wee go. sorting out the dog shipping and clearing out bit's and pieces.

when did you get the code for the DHA website? have you got schools sorted out yet? sorry can't remember what age your kids are if they're at school yet.

hope everyone else is getting on alright.

Emma, hope your keeping well and enjoying the rest of your pregnancy. you''l be that busy soon august will be here before you know it. what a lovely start in life for your lo.

jen x

Guest gavnicjacflo

One the last thing Wendy Hughes needs off you before you join is a Waiver from RN Reserve Service you can get this by emailing:

Mrs Gail Brooker

FLEET-DNPERS NPT(RES) RFR(NC)

Fleet Headquarters

MP 1-2

Room 108

West Battery

PP300

Whale Island

Portsmouth

Hampshire

PO2 8DX

email. fleet-dnperspntresrfr1e1@mod.uk

Hi everyone, we are long time readers, first time posters!

We are desperate to get out to Australia and join the RAN. Have contacted the RAN and got as far as filling out and sending in the form asking about my experience, and giving in my certificates etc. Did that at the beginning of January and now waiting nervously for the next step.

Just wanted to say 'hello', great to see others who are going through the same process.

Guest gavnicjacflo

Welcome Andy and Loz

Good Luck with the process, if you got any question dont be afraid to ask, what branch are you ???

Hi all,

Hi Jen, any news on visa.

Well just a quick update, 5 weeks to go. We have managed to secure a house on the DHA website, it is in Rockingham 15mins from Garden Island. A bit better than Gav's hour and a half commute at the moment. Liz and Steve very kindly had a nosey around for us and emailed some lovely photos of the surrounding area. The nerves are starting to kick in but also very excited, it is starting to feel a bit more real now we have a house reserved.

I am definately fed up wearing the same old clothes, it's a bit cold to wear my suitcase full of summer gear. We are also missing our lovely king size bed, at the moment we are sleeping in my sisters 4 foot bed and to top it off Florence has chicken pox and has been creeping in with us. Well at least she has them now and not in 5 weeks time.

Hope everyone's progressing well with their journey to Oz, all those months of waiting will hopefully be worth it. Bring on the sunshine.

Hi gav

Things seem to be moving pretty rapid for you at the moment I bet you cant wait to get the sunglasses on, good to see you have a MQ in Rockingham, we are still waiting on TOS spoke to Wendy last week apparently my stuff is with the boss man and just waiting for my medical from the submarine doc, I keep getting told I will here something next week every week, if you have any pics of the married patch and surrounding areas I would be really grateful if you could email me some and do you know anything about the primary schools in the area.

All the best Ruby

Guest pandj6224

Hi There everyone,

Perhaps you good people can give me some advice for our oldest son, British Army not RN sorry! Anyway he's an Armourer (REME) and is looking to sign off later this year or October 2013, if this year he would have completed four years service by the time he leaves the Army, for obvious reasons by 2014 would be five years...

My question is have any of you left the RN and started the process from here or have you all directly transfered?? He is under the impression that he cannot transefer directly until he gets to the rank of SGT.........Would it be worth speaking to the Defence liason staff in Australia House and at what point should he do that.....?

Sorry if my post is slightly off topic being Army not Navy but I had posed the question elsewhere but not had any replies whatsoever.....

Thanks

Pat........

Oh' he already has a PR Visa as he was in school when my wife applied but it took so long to get the visa's, he eventually joined the REME anyway, now looking at RAEME......Asap

Guest jeffner1974
Hi There everyone,

Perhaps you good people can give me some advice for our oldest son, British Army not RN sorry! Anyway he's an Armourer (REME) and is looking to sign off later this year or October 2013, if this year he would have completed four years service by the time he leaves the Army, for obvious reasons by 2014 would be five years...

My question is have any of you left the RN and started the process from here or have you all directly transfered?? He is under the impression that he cannot transefer directly until he gets to the rank of SGT.........Would it be worth speaking to the Defence liason staff in Australia House and at what point should he do that.....?

Sorry if my post is slightly off topic being Army not Navy but I had posed the question elsewhere but not had any replies whatsoever.....

Thanks

Pat........

Oh' he already has a PR Visa as he was in school when my wife applied but it took so long to get the visa's, he eventually joined the REME anyway, now looking at RAEME......Asap

morning,

sorry i can't answer your question. i thought i saw a thread on here a while ago about Army, for some one to help but couldn't find it but i found this link

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/recrui...ants/army.aspx

if you havent already tried it there may be someone there can help

jen x

Guest Tony Heppenstall

Hi Jen, nice to hear from you, pregnancy is going well, 10 weeks to go. Life is one big count down at the moment.

Are you going to Sydney or perth? We are going to Sydney. We are just waiting on the visa to come though. I can not wait to be able to get on the DHA website, and start looking for a house.

Emma x

Guest jeffner1974
Hi Jen, nice to hear from you, pregnancy is going well, 10 weeks to go. Life is one big count down at the moment.

Are you going to Sydney or perth? We are going to Sydney. We are just waiting on the visa to come though. I can not wait to be able to get on the DHA website, and start looking for a house.

Emma x

Hi Emma,

We are going to Perth, can't wait! i know the waiting around and the drip feeding of info is really frustrating:arghh: and add the waiting for baby, i'd be beside myself if i were in your shoes lol!

but not long now. have you got your Visas through yet? we've had a hold up every step of the way so far. at the moment we've got everything provisionaly booked. but it'll be nice to know when everything is finalised.

jen x

Guest Tony Heppenstall

Hi Jen, we are just waiting for the visa's to come though. We had the medicals 2 weeks ago, so don't know how long it will be from now. We also have to get the new babies Visa done, once he or she is born, so waiting for an agent to contact us regarding, the best way to do that?

Like you said the drip feeding from the Oz navy is driving me crazy. Just feel like all we can do is wait.

We asked for Perth, but got given Sydney. I sure we will love Sydney, but the house prices put us off. We just hope they will transfer us to Perth, if we are not happy? Friends in the Oz Navy said this is possible? Have pickfords been out to see you?

How old are your children, bet they can not wait.

Emma x

Archived