transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

Guest Ironduke
Hi Natyref

The other thing u have got to rememeber is its our summer hols here and a lot of people are still on leave or holiday most dont go back till the 17th of Jan.

Nothing happenes fast in Oz that rhe way of life here, and its something that makes this place so wonderful.

Please try not to stress like I did things will happen.

Happy new year to u aswell

Dougie and Anita :biggrin:

Hi All

Just had contact 2 days ago with an inquiry from my case officer by email as well as swapping a couple of emails back and forth so they (or at least some) are back at work. To be honest I thought the contact from them was quite quick after sending off my application but then I did get a couple of things wrong so I suppose they had to contact me! Then again I still got an initial email saying they'd received the paperwork. Try a casual enquiry through Australia House (thats where most enquiries are directed) they usually get back to you quite quickly.

All the Best

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Navyref

Well I sent NSW an email and give them their due they replied within a matter of minutes. The reply to my question regarding the time frame for allocation of a Case Officer was:-

'Due to the demand driven nature of the program, the Permanent Employer Sponsored Entry network is continuing to receive large numbers of employer nominations and visa applications.

This means that some applications being received through the NSW Centre may take some time to be allocated to a case officer for assessment.

Please be assured that all issues surrounding processing backlogs have been appropriately escalated.

You will be contacted by a case officer within 2 working days of the employer nomination and/or visa application being allocated, with either an outcome for decision-ready cases or a request for additional information or documents.

Until a case is allocated, we are unable to provide you with advice regarding processing timeframes.

We apologise for all inconveniences caused as a result of the delays in allocation. Please note that the published service standards for ENS/RSMS cases is 5 months (ETA countries) and 7 months (non-ETA countries). Timeframes for processing an application vary from one case to another, depending on the individual circumstances of each applicant . The NSW PESE team are committed to providing you with an decision on your application within the published service standards.

Clients are requested to explore other pathways, such as the 457 temporary business visa, for all urgent cases where the nominating employer needs the applicant to commence working in the position within the published service standards.

Reminder: POLICY QUESTIONS FROM AGENTS

The Agents Gateway provides information for migration agents on visa applications, legislation, registration as well as useful links resources.

An on-line form is provided for migration agents with complex policy or procedural questions. Migration Agents should re-direct policy enquiries using this on-line form: http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/feedback/

...so hopefully my email may have been raised to the top of the pile or put quickly to the bottom! We will have to wait and see!!!

Until Later.

Guest Ironduke

Sounds like you have just been unlucky. I've noticed by reading threads on here and chatting to others that there is no real pattern to the application process except that there seems to be blocks of quick applications with no problems followed by a backlog! At least you now know you exist on their system.

All the Best

Guest Navyref

Hi All,

Funny how an email prompts the cogs to turn and start the machine rolling. Apparently when my Visa Application form arrived at the beginning of December a Case Officer was alloacted but he/she didn't get in touch to say they were my CO - but let's hope he/she hates cricket and speedily processses my application?!?

Here is to hearing from my CO!

Have a good weekend.:wink:

Guest Navyref

Hooray,

Last night heard from my CO! We've to complete a Form 80 and send my CV in, so not many other bits to do. Also we've been asked to complete the medicals, so they'll be booked today.

Take it easy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

New to all this malarkey....

I'm a chief stoker wanting to join the RAN after time done in the RN, however wifey is having doubts....

can you please inform us of the routine after all the paper work and flying over.

with housing?

what extra training and where it will be?

typical working week shore side?

leave?

How long to settle in before going to sea?

typical sea time for ships?

I know branches vary but a general idea will help.

Hey Everybody

Havent been on in ages but just thought i would pop on to say WE HAVE ARRIVED

and i love it its fantastic everyone is really helpful (you all know who you are x) but its really brilliant im so glad we came our kids love it the sun is shining what more could you want

We have managed to get a house in port kennedy which we are moving into next week im so excited

xxx

Is it a good as you expected. How come you waited until you got over there to get an house. I would like to know where I am moving to before we get there. We would also like a house in port Kennedy.

Is it a good as you expected. How come you waited until you got over there to get an house. I would like to know where I am moving to before we get there. We would also like a house in port Kennedy.

We didnt get to even get on home finder until we got to Australia,

Just a bit of advice I would wait till u do get there, I had a friend who choose her house b4 getting here and once moved in hated it. Give urself the chance to look around, she wished she had.

Hope this helps

Anita :biggrin:

Im biased but I think Port Kennedy is a good area, has everything we need, it`s central with 3 smaller shopping malls, GP`s vets etc. Like Anita says though you do need to look round when you get here and decide if it`s for you. When are you due?

Well what happened was we were on homefind but their was nothing and i mean nothing on homefind so we had a look at the areas we were interested in and i was 100% sure i wanted to live in secret harbour.

So we got here and their was still nothing on homefind so we rang dha and they said we had been approved for rental assist so we had to go find our own rental and they paid half, this all sounds very easy but the rental system here is so different to the uk you have to apply for the house you want along with god knows how many other who also want the same house and the owner decided who gets it,

We went and said to the owner we were prepared to pay double the bond and 6 months rent upfront it onvioulsy worked because we got the house lol

Anyway as i said i really wanted ecret harbour but we went down their first and i soon as we got their i know it wasnt right for us although it is beautiful it just wasnt what i wanted so we went up to have a look in port kennedy and as soon as i got out of the car i knew i wanted to live their so off we go hopfully by the end of the week we will have moved in, it hasnt got the pool i wanted but living with the evil 3 year old its prob not a good idea to have an inground pool lol

Anyway its scortching hot today so im off to sunbathe and get rid of the sunglasses marks that i have on my face lol :jiggy:

We are due out in June. I would like to know where the house is that we are going to live in as it will put my mind at ease. But if there are no houses then we will have to wait. How much do dhe give you for a private rent and do they pay the bond or have we got to find it. When were you able to look at houses on the dhe web. I'm getting nervous about moving but also excited as well.

We are due out in June. I would like to know where the house is that we are going to live in as it will put my mind at ease. But if there are no houses then we will have to wait. How much do dhe give you for a private rent and do they pay the bond or have we got to find it. When were you able to look at houses on the dhe web. I'm getting nervous about moving but also excited as well.

All I can say to you is please please wait till u get there, Things change everyday out here with houses, and u just might not like that area. U will have 4 weeks plus to look when you 1st get here, and you really do wont to pick the right area, its not so easy to move once ur there and u dont like it.

We looked in a few areas when we got here and I knew where I wanted to live as soon as I saw the place, and you will be the same. The Aussies are very laid back so theres no need to rush things. Take ur time and enjoy looking at all the lovely places u can choose from

Anita :biggrin:

It's just a scary thought of moving over with not knowing where we are moving to. But after hearing from peole who have made the move then we may just wait and find a house when we are there. I def don't want rockingham. Thanks for your help guys

It's just a scary thought of moving over with not knowing where we are moving to. But after hearing from peole who have made the move then we may just wait and find a house when we are there. I def don't want rockingham. Thanks for your help guys

It is scarey and trust me getting the visa is the easy part, getting all the other stuff sorted and getting family ettled can leave you feeling pretty drained. At least you will have furnished accomodation for the first few weeks and hubby has a job to go to - that in itself takes a lot of strain off.

Like I`ve said to you, I love it here but others prefer Secret Harbour or Baldivis, all nice areas, plenty of areas to choose from - it`s amazing how you can get an idea but it`s not until you`re on the ground here that you really get a feel for the place. If you go non DH then you are normally talking about 6 months to a year lease on a house - it can be a pain getting out of that if you don`t like where you are living , it makes for a very unhappy family. I guess it will all depend on what DH is available when you get here - honestly though don`t panic!:wink:

Guest jeffner1974

hi,

i started another thread with regard to transerring RN to RAN but can i join in here as well as i'm sure i'm going to have loads of questions over the coming months.

oh finally got his cv and stuff away last week so the ball is rolling he's a cheif and is due out in august this year (though there may be something in the pipe line to bridge the gap between leaving our navy and getting to oz) we've been talking about this for 7 years since he done longlook and i went out for a visit. feels too real now. excited but a little freaked too!

feeling a little out the loop at the mo, he's doing all the process at the mo cause we're going out because of him. sure it will all change soon and i'll have plenty to do. but in the meantime what should i be looking into, ie schools, housing, we'll be heading to perth as he's a submariner. we have two kids 5 and 1 and a 7 year old dog who i'm not convinced will handle the move (the dog not the kids, lol!) but we'll see how it goes with him, would hate to leave him :o(

i have tried reading back through all the posts but was taking too long, so hello to everyone who is still here and going through the process and those that are in oz and still come on to keep in touch. and thanks in advance for answering any enquirys i have

cheers

jen x

Hi Jen

It is a long process from start to finish but good luck. If you have any questions just put it on and I'm sure someone will answer them for you.

Gill, Bri, harry and islie

Welcome Jen and family :biggrin:

My husbnad is a submariner too, we'll be going to Perth in August. We applied Jan 2010. Waited 17 weeks for a TOS (Terms of Service/job offer) and are into our 12th week of waiting for an LA (Labour Agreement/the visa bit) - think our time frame is fairly typical of most of the people on here. We have had our medicals done and sent to Sydney, also our police checks. We've also got all our visa application filled and all the certificates certified, passport photos ready, etc, etc - so that as soon as we get the LA we can send it off and hopefully not too long after that have our visas granted! Only then, will we finally be able to allow ourselves to start getting excited and crack on with getting ready for the move.

My friend got there two weeks ago (submarines) and is loving it. Keeps moaning how hot she is but think she's just showing off :wink: Cannot wait to see her again in 29 weeks time!

Good Luck with your application and anything you need to ask, just shout up, will do our best to help you. The waiting to hear will drive you crazy but I am assured by so many that have done it and are there, that it's definately worth the wait.

Liz x

Awwww Liz we cant wait to see you either lol,

It is very hot i could breath yesterday but im all good today lol.

Jen its fantastic the only thing i dont like about it is that i didnt do it sooner!!

I love it and even more i cant wait to move into our house this weeK

Oh by the way i have a mosquito bit on my ankle and i think i may have scratched right throught to the bone its soooooooooooooooo itchy

Guest Navyref

Hi Everyone,

It seems since we were last on that a few have arrived and we hope that you are settling in and loving the sunshine?

We all went for our medicals at the Bridge Clinic, Maidenhead on Friday which cost us £600. Hopefully the results of the bloods will not take too long and the questionnaires will be despatched by the end of the week.

Could anyone tell us how long it would likely to be and how the Visa'a are issued?

Thank you

Navyref

Archived