transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

Always told you that the shire was the best, even b4 u came over. Ill be glad when ur here so that we can all drink together and no one has to drive, Shame its not b4 xmas

speak later :laugh:

In to Feb adn we can join you too hopefully, get the hot tub going Anita!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest25493

:) i am sure it will be ready..the christmas beetles will be gone by then thank gawd. i dont know your host.but anyway, if your off to the shires see you then, in the meantime...enjoy xmas

I am now in need of a host as mine has been sent on a course!!! What a bummer lol. Oh and Anita, my last host knows you ha ha

The only person I know is Dave that came over in June this year. Nice lad Irish boy.

Wish I could help you with the Host but wives are not allowed to do it, if they where I would pick u up from the airport. I think Dougs ship is away the week you get here.

Ill send you my number mate by email. that way if you need anything just ring me. its no trouble at all. :biggrin:

I have 2 years left to do now to complete my 22 and will start the application process in earnest next year. CPOET(WESM). Is the RAN still short of my branch? There is alot of interest here in the RN from people in my branch.

Is it true my pension will not be index linked from the age of 55 back dated due to me emigrating to a common wealth country?

Cheers all.

John.

I have 2 years left to do now to complete my 22 and will start the application process in earnest next year. CPOET(WESM). Is the RAN still short of my branch? There is alot of interest here in the RN from people in my branch.

Is it true my pension will not be index linked from the age of 55 back dated due to me emigrating to a common wealth country?

Cheers all.

John.

Hi John and welcome

They are still after your branch thats what my husband was (mea) he was also a chief had to drop a rank though, everyone does.

Where do u want to to be posted, we live in Sydney and love it

By the time u get here the new ships will be out. dont know if they are going to be based in Perth and Sydney.

As for the pension I dont know about that, but I know my husband would have told me, Your always going to pay tax on it in the uk, so I cant see how they can do that. I will ask Dougie.

It takes 2 years for the whole process so ur starting at the right time. Do you know who you have to email, if not let me know.

If you know a lot of people wanting to do it then now is the time, the navy have said they are stopping bringing people over soon. Dont know if they have enough people or if its a money thing.

Are u Guz or Pompy based ?

Anything else just ask

Anita and Doug :wub:

Hi John I have just been talking to a few of the navy boys out here, and they said that is not correct. Your pension is index linked. There has been one change to it but its, nothing to affect us.

Doug and I went to see a financial advise before we came here, it was near London, all they wanted was our money, tolds us a lot of stuff that was not true, and they wanted to all about our parents insurance, stuff we didnt even know and things we wouldnt even think about asking them.

They where scare mungers as far as we where concerned.

We have been here 2 years and have done well without there help. You might be ok with ur one but the one we used are in all the Australian mags. Might have been ok if we had got millions of pounds.

Hope this helps, and as for the 12 subs, not heard that one.

Thanks for the info on the pension Anita,

Re new subs:

New submarine project warned of dirty fight | The Australian

Op-Ed: We All Lose if We Buy Submarines Off The Shelf

Re financial advise, I have friends who have emigrated who have been the source of the best info so far. Especially as it is free and unbiased as yours is!

Thanks for your help & will no doubt be posting more questions over the next 2 years.

John.

Guest gavnicjacflo

John,

We are in the process of joining the RAN Submarines i am presently a CPOWESM T boats, our TOS are already but just waiting for the submarine medical to clear, when joining the RAN everybody as a general medical (which i have passed) and then submariners have a submarine medical for pressurised training ie SETT training. As for pension you have a couple of choices taxed uk tax free australia or tax free uk taxed Australia the white ensign will give you all the pro's and con's on what to do but you have to make the finally deceision. RN pension 75 will be indexed linked at 55 but your state pension will not unless you have thirty years of paying into it but then its not the same rate as uk. As for using an emigration service i dont think there any need unless you really have strange problems all the advice can be found on here there is always someone just in front on you.

did you got to emigration presentation in Sept time with the husband and wife team

Thanks Gav.

Think i'll take some financial advise from the white ensign association. I did go to the emigration dit back in September. They have quoted me £500 to deal with the paperwork. However think i'll save my money and do it myself if it's not so bad.

Regards,

John.

Thanks Gav.

Think i'll take some financial advise from the white ensign association. I did go to the emigration dit back in September. They have quoted me £500 to deal with the paperwork. However think i'll save my money and do it myself if it's not so bad.

Regards,

John.

The one thing my husband did say was just make sure u photo copy everything, that way if anything should get lost through the post you will have it there to hand.

Anita and Dougie :biggrin:

Guest Ironduke
Thanks Gav.

Regards,

John.

Hi John we are at the visa stage and definitely did not need the help of an agent - they are for civvies trying to make their case look better I suppose.

The forms are staright forward and a pain in the arse with the repetition as well as some seemingly pointless questions (who still has copies of their GCE's?)

Terry asks you for everything and you go away and do it, then immigration take over and they appoint a case officer and do the same. Housing is taken care of so I suppose that leaves schools if you need them.

All the Best with your application

Hi moving to Perth in May what are the good area's around the base to live in any info would be good thanks you very much.

You`ve MQ` s in Shoalwater, Waikiki, Warnbro, Port Kennedy, Baldivis and Secret Harbour - probably in other areas too but these are the main areas. Baldivis & Secret Harbour are newer suburbs, Anchorage Estate in Shoalwater & Harrington Waters Estate in Waikiki are also newer. Nearest to the causeway is Shoalwater, have a look at Google maps and that should give you an idea of the layout.

You`ve got the trainstation at the top end of Warnbro (near Harrington Waters), the main shopping mall is in Rockingham but each suburb does have it`s own shopping centre, GP`s etc dotted around them (some more than others).

Great News - my shipment of belongings has left with Pickfords, both cars have been sold, house sold, horse and dog rehomed and then to finish off we have managed to lock down a house in Caringbah!!!! Woohoo

A big thank you to Anita!!!!!!!!!!

Great News - my shipment of belongings has left with Pickfords, both cars have been sold, house sold, horse and dog rehomed and then to finish off we have managed to lock down a house in Caringbah!!!! Woohoo

A big thank you to Anita!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I could help. I think a few drinks will be needed byt the time u get here, dont u ? :jiggy:

Hi moving to Perth in May what are the good area's around the base to live in any info would be good thanks you very much.

hi any joy with the housing yet mate. ive been looking at port kennedy that is supposed to be a decent area for young famillies.

have u got your key thing yet for their dhe website and do u know what the rental allowance is, ive tried looking for it but i cant find it!

hi does anyone know what the rental allowance is in the perth area for a PO

cheers

\\

Hi its about 600 dollars a week. Thats how much the navy will give u if u go private, But if your going to Perth there are looads of navy houses over there. If you have a MQ then the rent u pay is about 800 dollars a month thats with water rates included its, about the same as the UK .

Hope this helps :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Navyref

Hello People,

Just sat here at work biding my time (34 working days to go) and I thought I'd wish you all a Happy New Year!

We've not heard anything from Immigration, Parramatta since we enquired about whether our Form 47ES arrived (6th Dec 2010), not even a sniff of an Immigration Advisor being allocated, so has anyone who has been through the process have any idea how long it will be before one is allocated - I'm itching to contact them?

Take it easy and those who are flying in the next couple of days have a good flight!

Navyref

Navyref just be patient and don't get stressed about it like I did I was like a bear with a sore head with all the visa crap and worry about a job cause the job is linked to getting the visa but thankfully it has all turned out well and i am sure it will for you just grab your lobes and wooooossssssaaaaaa a bit

Hello People,

Just sat here at work biding my time (34 working days to go) and I thought I'd wish you all a Happy New Year!

We've not heard anything from Immigration, Parramatta since we enquired about whether our Form 47ES arrived (6th Dec 2010), not even a sniff of an Immigration Advisor being allocated, so has anyone who has been through the process have any idea how long it will be before one is allocated - I'm itching to contact them?

Take it easy and those who are flying in the next couple of days have a good flight!

Navyref

Hi Natyref

The other thing u have got to rememeber is its our summer hols here and a lot of people are still on leave or holiday most dont go back till the 17th of Jan.

Nothing happenes fast in Oz that rhe way of life here, and its something that makes this place so wonderful.

Please try not to stress like I did things will happen.

Happy new year to u aswell

Dougie and Anita :biggrin:

Archived